|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> flojet macerator pumps

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Pipeman

Windsor, Ontario,

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/04/12 01:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Chuggs, thanks for the info. I also use the clear pipe to see what is happening. I do the same as you when I'm hooked up or at home, except I don't have the benefit of connecting to the sanitary sewer. I run the hose into the house and dump into the downstairs bathroom. DW has her nose scrunched up, but hangs in there. It'll be good to dump into the big blue container, in the back of the truck, when we dry camp & then haul to a dump site when in need of fresh water. I carry a 50 gallon fresh water tank in the back of the truck. Stay safe.

Pipeman
Ontario, Canada
35 year Fire Fighter(retired)
VE3PJF

chuggs

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/04/12 01:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That works!!

For those just looking for something to transfer grey water to a tote in the back of the truck...

Harbor Freight Marine Utility Water pump...

It's a cheap alternative to the Flojet...but it's not going to chop black tank contents...so I'm thinking grey water ONLY for that type of pump.

ChopperBill

Colo

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/12 08:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jonny B wrote:

thinking of getting one of these but i am not sure i like the whole idea of it getting jambed up by something. What do all of you think of it? Any bad experience? Anything better you would suggest? All input is welcomed and appreciated.

I have had mine jam up a couple of times but I have a Valtera gate valve between the pump and the sewer tube. Close the valve when it happens and clean up is minimal.

"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

Alpenliter

Fulltimer: Wherever we are!

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/05/12 01:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tomman58 said:

"I really think of the macerator as a 200+ dollar waste of money as really dumping isn't a big deal and you still hook up to a sewer anyways. It seems to be a gimmick as so many others."

A macerator is hardly a "gimmick" nor a "waste of money", when used in practical situations. We have boondocked in several areas where towing a blue boy is not practical due to distance to dump or condition of connecting road. By allowing me to pump up into the blue boy in the back of my truck, I can drive to the dumpsite. Not all of us are hooked up to a sewer.

My first Wife Linda, 45+years 2004 F-450 CC, DRW 6.0 Classy Chassis Upgrade Bulletproof Diesel upgrades 1997 33' Alpenlite 400 Watts Solar Lifetime Good Sam Member #39644174 Escapees SKP#89882 Vietnam Vet '67-'68 [

Note: Due to invalid formatting, all formatting has been ignored.

tomman58

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/05/12 09:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I used to have a sewerator that used just the water at the dump to use a vertex spray that worked fine thru a 1" hose. but it was slower than just dumping.
I really think of the macerator as a 200+ dollar waste of money as really dumping isn't a big deal and you still hook up to a sewer anyways. It seems to be a gimmick as so many others.

2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2012 Jayco 322 FKS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
Lifes short enough without bitch'n about it!

aruba5er

Neenah Wisconsin

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/04/12 02:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Never use a wipe.took my sister and brother in law along and she used a wipe and flushed it down the toilet and plugged my pump. My septic tank guy saw them floating in my septic tank when he came to pump it out. He said never, ever flush a wipe. They will break down in a sewer system as they get carried along to the sewer plant but will screw up a septic tank. OTHER THAN THAT I love the pump. It takes hardly any time to empty the tank and i've come across a few places where the campsite drain is in the wrong spot and I would have to move to dump. So easy to just pump it.

tomman58

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/05/12 01:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Alpenliter wrote:

Tomman58 said:

"I really think of the macerator as a 200+ dollar waste of money as really dumping isn't a big deal and you still hook up to a sewer anyways. It seems to be a gimmick as so many others."

A macerator is hardly a "gimmick" nor a "waste of money", when used in practical situations. We have boondocked in several areas where towing a blue boy is not practical due to distance to dump or condition of connecting road. By allowing me to pump up into the blue boy in the back of my truck, I can drive to the dumpsite. Not all of us are hooked up to a sewer.

Okay that's "one" useful idea.

tomman58

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/07/12 10:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

EricGT wrote:

tomman58 wrote:

I used to have a sewerator that used just the water at the dump to use a vertex spray that worked fine thru a 1" hose. but it was slower than just dumping.
I really think of the macerator as a 200+ dollar waste of money as really dumping isn't a big deal and you still hook up to a sewer anyways. It seems to be a gimmick as so many others.

But don't you need water to make this happen?
So, this means one would always need a spigot to empty the tanks. ???

Correct and it is way slower than the big red hose. I did use it for a long time on our first trailer but then tryed the "old" method and realized it was the most practical and the fastest when at a cg for a week or more.

mobilcastle

OH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/07/12 12:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gbopp wrote:

Another option would be build your own Macerator Pump.

Super idea-terrific grinding power!!

2010 Heartland 3670RL Mor/Ryde PB,dual panes,2-AC,
7000lb axles,G rated LT tires,38' high profile,
2011 Chevy 3500HD,Dually,D/A,LB,EB,4X4,
B&W Companion,GVWR-13,000

EricGT

PA

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/12 07:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tomman58 wrote:

But don't you need water to make this happen?
So, this means one would always need a spigot to empty the tanks. ???

2002 'The Rogue' by Mckenzie div of Monaco Coach
24' E450 chassis, V10, Class C, Single slide

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> flojet macerator pumps
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: