|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> MSRP

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Dave & Ginny

peoria, IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/04/12 07:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I shopped at dealers with-in a 7 hour drive, looking for the best deal keeping in mind that the dealer has to turn a profit too. I ended up ordering a 5er and getting 34% off the MSRP and with a trade involved.

I own a business myself and I thought this was fair for both sides. I could have fought more but then if I ever needed anything they could have screwed me over.

Beauty and the Beast
2012 F350 4x4 Tuned,Kelderman air ride
2012 Redwood 36RL slid-in-slide

connex

us

View Profile

Posted: 02/04/12 09:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am a home builder and I keep to the premiss that if I can build stick built homes for $125.00 a sq ft, RV trailers are built for half of that lets say $65.00 a sq and that's high.... Average 40 ft Trailer say with the slides 370 Sq Ft X $65.00 is roughly 24K than i ad a 38 percent manufacturer markup $9,120 gives me give or take 33 34K and thats where I start... I take the attitude hey you can only take MY money from me.. The dealer can not take MY money from anyone but me... However I can find that item from 100 different dealers if I want to.. All they can say is no... Works For Me PS Those numbers are not custom high end builds..

jalichty

Lander, Wyoming 82520

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/04/12 09:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I got about 30% off what showed as MSRP when buying our Jayco recently. Price wasn't as low as going to Indiana, but I don't have to travel a couple of days there and back to pick up the trailer so I think the price differential was very reasonable.

* This post was edited 02/05/12 07:02am by jalichty *

John A. Lichty

pyoung47

MO

View Profile

Posted: 02/04/12 09:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A few years ago we were looking through some new Wildcats. Since these had just been delivered, the dealer invoice was lying in all of the units. Made for interesting reading.

When I bought my new unit a few years ago, I priced one from RV-Wholesalers and then used this as the price for my dealer to beat. Although my local dealer advertises that they will beat any deal, they did lots and lots of whining before they agreed to match it.

Dave & Ginny

peoria, IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/04/12 09:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pyoung47 wrote:

A few years ago we were looking through some new Wildcats. Since these had just been delivered, the dealer invoice was lying in all of the units. Made for interesting reading.

When I bought my new unit a few years ago, I priced one from RV-Wholesalers and then used this as the price for my dealer to beat. Although my local dealer advertises that they will beat any deal, they did lots and lots of whining before they agreed to match it.

Something similar happened to me but too late. In 2004 my wife and I bought a unit from Forest River, it was listed (MSRP) at around $21,000 and we ended up giving $13,500 for it. After we got home with it, I found in the trailer the actual factory papers that stated the dealer cost of $8500.

sandpiper1

Kansas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/04/12 10:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I got 29% off the MSRP when I bought mine in November. I didn't have a trade because I sold my old one. I didn't need financing so they didn't have to deal with that. As far as what is MSRP. Look online and see what the going price for the same unit is. Mine listed for $62,000 before the second air and W/D combo. I bought it for $45,000 with the second air and W/D installed. If you figure the sales tax that you will save on the other $19,000 I saved another $1,500. The cheapest I found the same rig anywhere was listed at $44,200 without the second air and W/D. The cheapest I found any MSRP is $60,940 but it didn't have all the options listed that mine has. If you wait much longer I would assume the spring prices will go into effect and they will go up. Good Luck.

2004 F350 DRW PSD Crew Cab Lariat LWB FX4, B&W 5th Hitch, 2012 Montana Mountaineer 346LBQ

Louba

Delaware, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/12 06:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

About 49% off on a close to year end model that had been on the lot for about 9 months. You can get Heartland MSRP sheets on the Heartland owners forum.

2011 Bighorn 3385RL
2005 Chev 2500HD LS 4x4 D/A
Curt 20K

Us out West

Let's see...last night we stayed in......

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/04/12 10:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There may be 2 MSRP's.

The factory and the dealer.

If you are working with a reputable dealer there will be no confusion?

When we ordered, through emai, our unit the breakdown was just like the factory - we cross checked.

The MSRP's that some refer to are sitting in the unit on the dealers lot.

Just be aware.

Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)

36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

houtrz

Lake Jackson Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/04/12 11:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

36% off MSRP for 2009 Cedar Creek. I think I got a build sheet from Cedar Creek but I can't remember rit now. I know I looked to trade up to a Class A Tiffin and got a buiid sheet from them.
Email the manufacture and get the info then go from there

gmcsmoke

Butler

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/05/12 06:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

33.6795%

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> MSRP