RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Workamping Forum: Resume??

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Workamping Forum

Open Roads Forum  >  Workamping Forum

> Resume??

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
cpd520

Verde Valley, Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/05/12 06:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Do workampers need a formal resume. If so, what work experience/skill sets do you want highlight??

Jack and Nina

sonicsix

Jerry n' Cynthia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/05/12 07:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not needed for a regular workamping position. We have a web page that acts as our resume.

http://rvroadtrip.us/workamper.php

JoeGood988

S.Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 02/06/12 04:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just as in any job application, they want something that applies to camping or people experience. Good attributes like working well with others, Team player, flexible to help as needed. Years camping or related experience. On the other hand, they want to know any phyisical problems, handicaps or things that you can't or will not do. Like cleaning bathrooms, cooking, housekeeping must be told upfront if you hate doing that

2003 3330 Jayco Legacy

Dirtbags77

White Springs, FL

View Profile

Posted: 02/06/12 06:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I usually just email them my workamper resume with a note. We also have other resume's of our regular work experience that I make available to them if they want them but I do send it to them unless they request it. My workamping resume mentions that I served in the Navy for 21 yrs but does not go into detail. It mainly convers my workamping experience and references. In all the years I have been workamping, I have only one employer ask for my other resume.

Finally Fulltiming

Summer: NYS Finger Lakes; Winter: Someplace warm

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/06/12 08:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I find most CG's want a resume as well as a pic of you & your RV.

My resume brifly mentions pre-retirement job titles without dates or employer names. It emphasizes post-retirement volunteer and workamping experiences, again without dates. I mention health & physical condition in the cover email.

missourijan

Carson City until December

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/06/12 11:22am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

X2 on what Finally Fulltiming said. I put pictures of our rig and us on the top of our resume.

mikeleblanc413

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/07/12 05:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JoeGood988 wrote:

Just as in any job application, they want something that applies to camping or people experience. Good attributes like working well with others, Team player, flexible to help as needed. Years camping or related experience. On the other hand, they want to know any phyisical problems, handicaps or things that you can't or will not do. Like cleaning bathrooms, cooking, housekeeping must be told upfront if you hate doing that

Several years ago I decided I wanted to try volunteering at Texas State Parks. At the time I was an Art Teacher at an elementary school in Louisiana, had 20+ years of professional photography experience and had conducted numerous workshops. I organized my resume along with related materials and mailed to a list of parks where I would like to spend the summer.

The phone and emails lit up. Within days, almost all of my letters had a response. I chose two: Pedernales and Bastrop. My job at Bastrop was to rephotograph the entire CCC park...including historic structures. YES, it was a wonderful summer...we all know what happened to Bastrop State Park in September of last year with the wildfires...95% of the park was destroyed.

When applying send a variety of info, don't have info overlap (as in letter and resume), have one document support another, pictures are a plus. As you go through the application process, revise. Make every word count...a concise, powerful application will win!

Good luck!

Mike LeBlanc
Retired Art Educator, Photographer
Travel with "Baby Girl" (Catahoula Mix)
Texas

Digital Restorations, Louisiana Historic Items
Facebook

Suzanne and Brad

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 02/07/12 07:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a "workamping resume" that is a combination of both our skills and is much more informal. Basically has an introduction of us and our working personalities, then a synopsis of each of our skills that bridge from our careers to workamping. It definitely "looks" and "feels" different than a typical resume.

Happy Travels!
Suzanne & Brad

westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 02/07/12 10:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When we request a resume, and it doesn't include your work history I am going to assume you are hiding something. Your past work history DOES mean something to me. Be careful with photos, many large employers take the position that shredding any documents with potentially prohibited information is the best approach. A photo can be used as evidence a company discriminates against age, sex, race etc. We have a very close friend who is a legal consultant to corporate HR departments, she tells us a lot of horror stories about companies retaining or creating prohibited information. In today's litiguous society, it is better to be safe than very sorry.

hanzfranz60

Everywhere USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/12 08:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you join Workamper.com you can use their service to find great jobs as well as create an awesome resume that you can email from their site. You get all kinds of help in creating a great resume as well as daily job openings to email to. The website also has all kinds of other great resources for workampers.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Workamping Forum

> Resume??
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Workamping Forum

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS