|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> air conditioner problems

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
geedo

north east us

View Profile

Posted: 02/07/12 11:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My air conditioner only works on high fan and not on low fan. The compressor contineus to run with no fan. I have checked the wire to the best of my knowledge and wires seem to be in tack. Does any one have any ideas.

skylos

Columbus, OH

View Profile

Posted: 02/07/12 11:24am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is an open connection between the power input and the low speed fan power supply wire, but not between the power input and the compressor input wire.

I suspect a partially failed switch or a disconnected wire.

vietvet66-67

southeast penna.

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/12 12:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don't know about fans on ac units in rv's, but they may have a resister to change the speeds like in automotive units. If it goes bad, you will get one speed and not another. Just change it out with anew one if it does. Hope this helps.

2006 Chevy 3500 DRW LBZ/ALLY LT2 The "DREAM CATCHER"
1999 Newmar American Star Newmar Kountry Klub #19708
Curt Q20 P-2 Controller
LIFE MEMBER OF THE VFW MEMBER 335 "DUALLY CLUB"
"GOD, GUTS, AND GUNS KEEP AMERICA FREE"

WeBeFulltimers

Here & There

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/10/12 06:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It must be out of "low fan fluid"! I don't claim to be an a/c technician and know nothing about your problem, but how can anyone give advice on this subject when they don't know the manufacturer/brand/type of the a/c unit?

2007 DODGE RAM 2500 4x4 QC CTD 5.9 4SPD AUTO TIMBRENS PRODIGY B & W PATRIOT***PACBRAKE PRXB 2012 MONTANA 3585SA

Wills250psd

walnutcove NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/10/12 05:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

in the cieling unit there are several wires that plug in, I would remove the grill(4 screws) and look. they are in the front of the unit, I think one may have worked lose. if thats not it may be the thermostat or the circuit board in the upper unit that the wires plug in to.either way it should not be a major problem.

geedo

north east us

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/12 05:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was told to see if the heat pump would operate on low speed. I put the thermostat on electric and low fan. The fan goes high and the gas heat then goes on. Not making any headway so far.

skylos

Columbus, OH

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/12 07:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WeBeFulltimers wrote:

It must be out of "low fan fluid"! I don't claim to be an a/c technician and know nothing about your problem, but how can anyone give advice on this subject when they don't know the manufacturer/brand/type of the a/c unit?

Because those who know how to be A/C technicians know that they will always encounter models and makes they never worked on before, but that doesn't stop them from being able to fix them. They're fairly simple devices with a limited set of problems. Not knowing manufacturer/brand/type of the unit is not a significant obstruction to fixing it, none of them are complex. Kind of like how the make/model/manufacturer of a car doesn't stop anybody from troubleshooting a blown fuse.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> air conditioner problems
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS