|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> voyager backup camera

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
jaams

saint leonard, md

View Profile

Posted: 02/07/12 05:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Voyager 70 Backup monitor on my brand new Itaska failed. It lost its vertical hold. The dealer replaced it with a Voyager 78. Who uses a CRT monitor anyway? My coach is brand new. Why did Winneabago install an outdated CRT in the first place? The dealer broke the shroud then got me a replacement only to be broke in the box. Then they poked a hole in the dash. Anyone have a similar experience?

mike and alice

old guy

Oregon (pronounced Or e gun)

View Profile

Posted: 02/07/12 05:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

with all the issues you have listed on this form per say all the posting you have done. you may or should not be asking us for advice, you should be asking a lawyer for advice. sounds like you got a real lemon there.

old guy

Oregon (pronounced Or e gun)

View Profile

Posted: 02/07/12 05:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

with all the issues you have listed on this forum per say all the posting you have done. you may or should not be asking us for advice, you should be asking a lawyer for advice. sounds like you got a real lemon there.

SKIPCAROL

COSBY,TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/07/12 06:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our Voyager bit the dust last fall...for awhile it worked off and on. When I had my RV in for service for a battery issue, they told be our extended service should pay for a new monitor...and they did! Put in a color one although the camera is still b & w. Course ours was 6 years old.

Carol, Skip & Buddy the Mutt

2005 Four Winds Hurricane 32R
2008 Chevy HHR Toad

rr2254545

Minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/07/12 06:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The OP posted 7 topics all on the same day about his "brand new" motor home but on one of them forgot and said he had it for over a year.

This whole thing stinks.

2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited, Air Force One
172 Campgrounds since we retired in 2009

Maddawgs

central MA

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/12 05:23am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jaams wrote:

The Voyager 70 Backup monitor on my brand new Itaska failed. It lost its vertical hold. The dealer replaced it with a Voyager 78. Who uses a CRT monitor anyway? My coach is brand new. Why did Winneabago install an outdated CRT in the first place? The dealer broke the shroud then got me a replacement only to be broke in the box. Then they poked a hole in the dash. Anyone have a similar experience?

Hi jaams,
When you say brand new Itasca do you mean an older "new to you" Itasca or an actual brand new 2011 or 2012 Itasca? I have read all of your other posts and if it is an older new to you Itasca then all of the items you mentioned should have been found in your PDI at which time you could have negotiated proper repair before purchase. If it is an actual new Itasca then everything is covered under your 1 year warranty and should be fixed by your local dealer or nearest authorized repair center. It is important to flush out any issues during the warranty period and have them fixed by the dealer. This way if they reoccur at a later time you have recourse. When we got ours last year we found items on the PDI, and on our first two trips. All were repaired with minimal downtime and no cost. Hope this helps you out.
Todd

Todd, Shirley, and the "Maddawgs" min-pins Precious and Buster Brown
2011 Itasca Cambria 30C
2011 Demco KarKaddy 460SS
TST 507 RV TPMS
"if there is anything left when we are gone, then we miscalculated"

wny_pat

Western NYS

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/12 07:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maddawgs wrote:

jaams wrote:

Hi jaams,
When you say brand new Itasca do you mean an older "new to you" Itasca or an actual brand new 2011 or 2012 Itasca? I have read all of your other posts and if it is an older new to you Itasca then all of the items you mentioned should have been found in your PDI at which time you could have negotiated proper repair before purchase. If it is an actual new Itasca then everything is covered under your 1 year warranty and should be fixed by your local dealer or nearest authorized repair center. It is important to flush out any issues during the warranty period and have them fixed by the dealer. This way if they reoccur at a later time you have recourse. When we got ours last year we found items on the PDI, and on our first two trips. All were repaired with minimal downtime and no cost. Hope this helps you out.
Todd

To give the OP some credit, he has said it has spent more time in the shop under warranty that he has been able to use it for camping, and they still haven't fixed it. Sounds like he is looking for us to declare it a lemon, which I certainly can't do with him dumping all this at the same time. You kind of have to put his various post under different threads together to make any sense of all this. And when you do that, it looks fishy.

“All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.”

Timster

Stanton Iowa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/08/12 09:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Me thinks he has had a run in with somebody and wants to bash them via this forum

Maddawgs

central MA

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/12 03:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wny_pat wrote:

Maddawgs wrote:

jaams wrote:

Hi jaams,
Todd

To give the OP some credit, he has said it has spent more time in the shop under warranty that he has been able to use it for camping, and they still haven't fixed it. Sounds like he is looking for us to declare it a lemon, which I certainly can't do with him dumping all this at the same time. You kind of have to put his various post under different threads together to make any sense of all this. And when you do that, it looks fishy.

YUP

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> voyager backup camera
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS