RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes: table in 2009 Winn Chalet (access)

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> table in 2009 Winn Chalet (access)

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
cac43

mo

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/07/12 06:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Does anyone have a 2009 Winnabago Chalet (access?) Class C? I', having trouble with the under table mechanism that folds up to hook the table onto the wall and folds the table down between the seats to make the bed. just bought the rv used.
the table leg mechanism was badly bent so the leg wouldn't fold up and the part that folds and hooks to the wall doesn't fit tightly and the table "wiggles" a lot or else the metal piece won't stay there.
thanks chuck

tatest

Oklahoma Green Country

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/12 04:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You can take the leg and hinge mechanism off, remove the leg from the hinge, and try to bend the hinge back into shape using a vise, locking pliers, metal-working hammer and/or crow bars, whatever it takes. Same for the hinge part on the wall. These are just pieces of non-spring steel, if a rental customer bent the piece out of shape, it can be bent back into shape.

That's if you can figure out just what shape the piece needs to be.

Otherwise, you can buy replacement parts. The table and leg hinges Winnebago uses are fairly common across brands and types and a lot of servicing RV dealers stock the parts because they are often damaged by abuse (e.g. drop a pencil between the hinge and wall, then force the table up to release it). A Winnebago dealer can order the specific part.

Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

cac43

mo

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/09/12 06:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks. when I found out how much the leg hinge was going to cost (close to $80 with all the extra fees from winnabago), I took the hammer to the bent up one. got it to work about 90 of the time. I still cant get the metal pieces on the wall to attach to the metal loop on the table so may have to get replacement for them.
appreciate your advice. chuck

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> table in 2009 Winn Chalet (access)
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS