|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> Nova Scotia, Canada

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
Traveling Familyman

Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/12 05:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi everyone, I am trying to plan at trip to the east coast. I'm starting near Toronto, Ontario.and hopefully end in Nova Scotia, or PEI. I have 3 weeks in total. What are the "must see" sights to see on the trip. Any places to stay or stay away from. I have been looking in books for sights but i know there are some nice sites to see that are "unexplored" that some have stumpled apon.Any help is apperciated. I will be pulling a 25' TT. Thanks Steve

sunkatcher

Fulltimer

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/12 07:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have not been to PEI in years but have allways wanted to go back someday. I would recomend going through Canada and on the way home travel the U.S. use about 1/2 the time in each. Wonderful people and sites in both.
Happy Trails
Ron

masa4u.com

4*phun*2

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/12 04:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Beach at Port Maitland and the beach at Summerville. Restaurants in Baddeck. Fort Louisberg. Samuel Adams Brewery.

Glenn & Karen
'08 Chevy LT 3500 HD 4x4 CC LB DRW (nice hips)
'06 F350 4X4 Lariat CC LB DRW (nice hips) retired
'09 Victory Lane 38SRV Toy Hauler
'02 HD Road King FLHRCI KRUZN
'04 F150 XLT Super Crew
Our Toys

beachboy27

Ontario

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/09/12 08:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The town park in Lunenburg is a good basic park to base while site seeing the south shore.

98 Beaver Monterey
2011 Toyota Matrix on dolly
Sam, Standard Poodle traveling companion

ByTheRvr

Somerville, NB; Canada

View Profile

Posted: 02/12/12 07:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have lived in Nova Scotia/New Brunswick all my life and I travel to and from Ontario yearly. There are long stretches of very little development; trees. The highway, for the most part, is great. There is divided highway all the way from Ontario to Halifax except for the stretch from Riviere du Loop, QC to Edmundston, NB. That 2 lane stretch also is very hilly. You will notice most small towns have some sort of tourist draw; Hartland, NB has the world's longest covered bridge, Nackawic, NB has the world's largest axe... etc.

The 'must see' sights will depend upon who is in your camping party and what there interests are; young children like full featured campgrounds (there's a great one near Woodstock, NB) or quiet solitude.

PEI is beautiful but keep in mind it's a popular destination and the campgrounds will all be in 'peak season' during the summer and not the least expensive in the country. Also, you have to pay the bridge toll leaving PEI. You can experience similar rural/farming landscapes in the Annapolis Valley of NS.

Good luck and welcome!
Barrie

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> Nova Scotia, Canada
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS