|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Winne-will not start

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 13  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
DANDEAKINS

CHATTANOOGA

View Profile

Posted: 02/15/12 06:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey Gang, Don't pay the ranson--I've escaped!!! Sorry about not getting back sooner but rain, snow, honey do'es and dr. appointments have kept me busy. O.K.-
STEAK DINNER QUESTIONAIR..
Who believes that it was a bad fuel pump?-------------------------
who belives it was a bad fuel filter?---------------------
who belives it was a bad fuel fuse?------------
who belives it was a bad ignition module?---------------------
who belives it was a bad oil pressure switch?---------------
what about plug wires? what about fuel in tank?, what about water in tank? what about ecm module? what about fuel pressure?
Well Gang--Get back with me with your answers and i will let you know who gets STEAK. Man this has been work, but a whole lot of learning and FUN. Just a brief answer to cast your vote. GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU.

enblethen

Moses Lake, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/15/12 07:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1) Fuse
2) Bad oil pressure sensor
None of the above; Operate error!

Bud
USAF Retired
Suzuki XL7 pushing Pace Arrow

racer99

channahon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/15/12 08:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1) Fuel pump
2) Fuel filter
Rich

spacedoutbob

SF Bay Area

View Profile

Posted: 02/15/12 11:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I mentioned ECM B fuse, fuel in the tank, also possible ignition module.

Bob in Calif.

Good Sam Club Life Member

DANDEAKINS

CHATTANOOGA

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/12 03:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey Gang. I have installed a new oil sending unit and still no start???? I've either got a pinched or burnt wire somewhere or a bad fuse.Where in the world is that fuse?? I was told that it was a 20 amp fuse and always stayed hot. I have jacked up the home and ran the fuel line wiring from the plug in at the tank to where they join a whole bunch of wires under the motor cover and still no fuse!! I don't have a fuse labeled fuel pump under the dash pod either. I know i have to be getting close. Thanks guys

enblethen, PJ, 95, tinstar, HELP

enblethen

Moses Lake, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/12 04:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I looked at my 93. It doesn't have a fuse marked "fuel pump".
I would check the "ECM Bat" fuse.
Did you verify no power at oil pressure sending unit red wire?

Daveinet

il

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/12 04:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Told you it wasn't the oil switch. I also suggested bypassing the pump relay. Once the fuel comes up to the injectors then start it. The disconnect the bypass and see if it stays running. I'm really thinking you have a drain back issue. It takes forever for the pump to get fuel to the front of the vehicle. The short blip when you turn on the key is not long enough to pump fuel all the way from the tank to the front of the coach, so it cranks forever. That is why there is an optional fuel control module that I'm betting your unit does not have.

Dave

The Flying Fortress
FMCA F298817
'83 Revcon Prince 31' FWD
502 w/Howell/GM 16197427 ECM/Edelbrock MPFI,Thorley's & Magnaflows,
4L85E 4 speed, KoniFSD,
6% grade = wanna drag?
MISC photos
Revconeers Forum

crankshop1000

se michigan

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/12 06:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Does the fuel pump run when you turn the ignition switch or not? You have not been clear on that.If the pump does run,have you checked pressure with a gauge?The fuel pump relay is a known problem,have you switched it with a good one from a non vital circuit to verify it's working or not? The wiring near the pump and at the pump are known problem areas,have you checked voltage there when you hit the key? The fuel pump fuse would not be located anywhere but in the standard dash or underhood locations.Wouldn't hurt to pull and verify all of them just to be sure.

1995brave

San Antonio, TX

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/12 08:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dan, need to find out if you are on a 93 or 94 chassis, the tenth character of the VIN is the year O=93 P=94. The fuel pump fuse is labeled ECM-BAT and for a 93 it is 20 amp, 94 is 10 amp. The fuse is hot all the time. Also follow the oil pressure switch wire back and make sure it is not broken or burned and shorting against the engine or any other metal.

Mike

DANDEAKINS

CHATTANOOGA

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/12 09:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey gang, Well i thought i had it, OK here goes. I have a 94 chassis, and i have a ECM_BAT in the fuse box. It is a 10 amp and it checks good. I know now that a have a good oil sending unit. It does look like the wires go through a tight after it leaves the unit. I will check that closer tomorrow.

Hey DAVEINET, I think you are hitting the nail on the head, i just can't find the nail. The fuel relay-- I have one in hand, but i have found two modules that this relay will plug into,under the dashpod.

Hey 1995, The 94 chassis help me a lot locating the fuel fuse. Now called ecm-bat.
Here is a little more info. that might help. When i disconnect the fuel wires over the tank and put a little 12 volt tester (two wires connected to a 12 volt bulb) to the ignition side, the ground and red wire the bulb burns very dim. should it burn bright or when the switch is turned on to start?

I will drop the tank a little tomorrow and see if i can see any problems there.

another bit of info--When i turn on the ignition switch to start the fuel pump does run for two seconds. Now-- when i start turning over the motor for 20 seconds or so and quit, i can here the fuel pump running for a second or two then quits. It's getting to where i hate to even ask ya"ll anymore. I know that your getting tired of trying to explain it to me. BUT THANKS GANG>

I'm going to have to find it pretty soon, Better half getting kind of ill. Either that or make it a dog house or bury it and made it a storm shelter. Goodnight gang, catch ya'll tomorrow.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 13  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Winne-will not start
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS