|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Winne-will not start

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 13  
Next
Sponsored By:
DANDEAKINS

CHATTANOOGA

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/12 05:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey Gang, I would like to introduce myself and my problem at the same time. I have just joined rv.net and have looked at all the forums. Man, this is a great site.

My problem--1994 winne. brave with 454/tbi on a p30 frame.I bought this mh. last month and drove it home some 60 miles, parked it and couple days later went to start it and no go. The engine turns over but will not run. I have checked the fuel pump, fuel filter and lines all the way to the injectors all are good. I am not getting fuel through the injectors. I know it has to be fuse or relay problem. I have no schemic or wiring diaghram and if i did couldn't read it anyway. Im a retired mechanic not electrical. Anybody out there give me some help??? Please

eHoefler

ozark mountains

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/12 06:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have your battery checked. It may be bad, even if it cranks the motor over. There may not be enough reserved voltage to run the fuel system and ignition system. One way to possibly check for this, is to hook up a battery charger that has a start/boost setting and try and start it. Or you can try jump starting as well. If the ignition system does not have enough power to operate, the fuel pump won't run either. On GM vehicles, the ignition system tells the computer the engine is turning over, the computer then sends power to the fuel pump.

2010 Ram 3500, Crew Cab, Long bed, 4 x 4,Dually, Lights & Siren!

2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

enblethen

Moses Lake, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/12 06:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ECM-1 fuse in the fuse block under the left side of dash powers the fuel injectors trhough the Powertrain Control module. It is a 10 amp fuse.
Look under air clean to insure the wires going to the injectors is not pinched.
Check the ECM/Crank fuse. It is also a 10 amp fuse. It is more for emissions then runing.
Does the dash indicators light up when igntion is in run position?

Bud
USAF Retired
Suzuki XL7 pushing Pace Arrow

Stim

NE Florida

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/12 07:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have someone listen at the fuel tank and try turning the key on an off. There is a relay for the fuel pump that runs pump momentarily for starting. After you have oil pressure pump stays on. Could be pump or relay or relay circuit.

DANDEAKINS

CHATTANOOGA

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/12 08:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Man, Thanks for the replys so quick!!!
O.K. A little more feedback. The ecm fuse is good also the ecm/crank fuse. Took air breather off and traced all the injector wires for trouble. All looked good.
I can spray starter fluid down the throat of carb. body and it will start and run as long as i keep spraying. I will check dash lights in the morning also.The fuel pump does come on and runs for about 3 seconds. In the fuse box under dash pod it looks like the 30 amp power fuseholder has at one time been burnt but the fuse in it is good.Hope this helps. Thanks again guys

DANDEAKINS

CHATTANOOGA

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/12 06:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tks, Ill try first thing in the morning.

tyoungs

Brighton, Michigan USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/12 06:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Could be oil pressure sender as well - needs to see oil pressure to maintain electric to pump.

Tom & Mary plus Snowflake the Bichon
2011 HR Endeavor 43DFT,
425 Cummins w/ Horton Fan
HRRVC #106803, FMCA #F358972
2009 Saturn Outlook toad
RV.NET Rallies attended - 6

Tinstar

McKinney, TX

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/12 09:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How full is your gas tank. Sounds like exact problem I helped with not too long ago,,,, water in the fuel tank. A quick check would be to disconnect the fuel line after the filter, put it in a jar and crank it over (make the fuel pump run). That will give you some answers; i.e., water in the fuel tank and the amount of fuel that it pumped. The one I worked on, the fuel pump would run by turning the key on for a few seconds. I had to drop the tank and we poured out 1.5 - 2 gallons of water. After that, it ran like a charm.

Three things are needed, fire, compression and fuel. Eliminate fire and compression first and you'll have the answer. If it's fuel it's either because of water or delivery.

Never pass up a chance to go somewhere

1995brave

San Antonio, TX

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/12 06:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are two fuel filters on the 94, 454ci TBI engine. One is along the frame rail near the rear axle and the other one in in the fuel line inlet on the throttle body. Check and maybe replace them both.

jpajax

North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/12 09:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fuel filter or water in fuel. It sounds like what Tinstar said water.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 13  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Winne-will not start
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS