RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: Best place to get new batteries?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Best place to get new batteries?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Sponsored By:
rovobay

Damascus, Oregon (Portland Suburb)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/17/12 09:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Oasisbob wrote:

Hello neighbor
Congrads on the new rig. Lots of great places to camp close to our home. I buy all my RV , Boat batteries at Costco. Good price, good battery. I run twin group 27 deep cycle marine. We can dry camp about 4 days if we are careful. At that point the TV needs more voltage. Best of Luck.

Just picked up a nice pair of 6v golf cart batteries yesterday from costco. $90 each. best price after calling all over town.

tent camped all over oregon my whole life, now I need to find some boondock spots that my trailer can access

1999 Cameo by Carriage 26FLS bought in February 2012 (our first trailer)

TV is a 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4X4 Crew Cab Short Bed with a 6.6l Duramax and Allison Transmission

gmsumsion

Utah

View Profile

Posted: 02/21/12 02:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks everyone. For my current batteries I've decided to go with another pair of 12volts. There were a couple of reasons. First, when I got to Costco, planning to purchase the 6v batteries for sale there, I found them to be no name made in Mexico, with a 6/12 warranty (6 mo. replace, 12 mo. pro-rated). Right next those were the 12 volt group 27 Kirkland batteries made in USA with a 12/30 warranty. The total AH of the two 12v in parallel was slightly greater than the 2 6v in series, but mostly those 6v batteries didn't strike me as trustworthy.

Second, I had 12v in the rig and I knew I could just swap out the old batteries for the new without having to do too much figuring on the wiring setup.

I still think I will eventually move to a 6 volt system, but for right now the 12 volt was just easier. Thanks to everyone here for your helpful posts.

2007 Sierra Sport
2007 GMC Sierra K3500

RVJimofOregon

Central Oregon Coast

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/12 06:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ksg5000 wrote:

Costco has best prices and good selection - most (but not all) in the Portland area carry golf cart batteries as well.

X2

Jim & Joyce
Central Oregon Coast

26 foot 2004 Komfort travel trailer
2014 Platinum Tundra pickup

Treat the earth well, It was not given to you by your parents,“It was loaned to you by your children”
Indian proverb

gmsumsion

Utah

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/12 03:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mena661 wrote:

gmsumsion wrote:

I still think I will eventually move to a 6 volt system, but for right now the 12 volt was just easier. Thanks to everyone here for your helpful posts.
No problem! Just remember that RV's operate on 12V's, there is no 6V system in an RV which is the reason TWO 6V's are purchased and wired together in series.

Right. To be more clear, I think I will move to a battery setup using 6 volt batteries.

mena661

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 02/21/12 03:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gmsumsion wrote:

No problem! Just remember that RV's operate on 12V's, there is no 6V system in an RV which is the reason TWO 6V's are purchased and wired together in series.

2009 Newmar Canyon Star 3205, Ford F53 V10
Trojan L16 6V's 740 Amp-hours

NewsW

US

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/12 08:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Visit with your local solar panel / renewable energy vendor.

More often than not, they stock decent AGMs, or other technologies at competitive prices.

For commodity batteries, Wally and Costco are my choice.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Best place to get new batteries?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS