|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop

> Pet Business - Venting

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next
Sponsored By:
Home on Wheels

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/12 05:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have only allowed our dog to use our campsite to do her business. What happened to others respecting the next person's campsite. Some people think they can just come right up to your patio step and allow their dogs to do their business. Am I wrong to think this is disrespectful?

HappyKayakers

Malabar FL

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/12 05:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You're not wrong. Unfortunately, many people have no respect for others and nothing you say will change them. The best you can hope for is notifying a manager/owner and hoping the act won't be repeated.

Joe and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2006 Heartland Bighorn 3600RL, MorRyde suspension, TrailAir pinbox
http://happykayakers.com/

Acampingwewillgo

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/09/12 06:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Your venting about this here serves one purpose...thats to inflame all those that already "hate" dogs in general. I dont disagree with what your saying because any of us who love our animals have seen the "packages" left behind by irresponsible pet owners. I will say this, we all deal with this in a number of different ways...we spent New Years in an RV Park where they have specific areas to walk your dogs...since we have four "little bundles of Joy", we took it upon ourselves to PICK UP any left over packages left by previous visitors. We did this for three reasons.....(1) to be the responsible pet owners that we are (2) To not get blamed for others carelessness and (3)because it was the right thing to do. Now, does that mean we go looking for the extra excrement...NO, but if its right in front of us and there's the slightest possibility our "girls" could be held accountable...then its a No brainer.
Continue to Vent and my Rant is off!

* This post was edited 02/09/12 06:34pm by Acampingwewillgo *

96 Vogue Prima Vista 37' CAT 3176B
Our Babies: Mollie, Cassie and Maggie, all rescued King Charles Spaniels, Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie, Scoutie, Katie, Cooper, Kodie and our sweet Rubie RIP kids!

Rally's and get togethers.....Lots

SooperDaddy

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/12 06:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This sign only works if the dog owners don't drag their knuckles while walking!

My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen.

Home on Wheels

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/12 05:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I hear what you are saying, but this has really tested my patience this evening. Guess that's why I'm writing on this forums. It just amazes me that RV'ers do other RV'ers this way.

Ka Ron

Kelowna

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/12 05:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree with you.
We do not have pets and we certainly do not want some one with a dog bringing it onto our site to do its business.

Join Us For A Trip Down The RV Highway

Acampingwewillgo

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/09/12 06:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry, I missed the part that they picked up......My solution would have been to have a chat with the parties involved and that "dog" deposits werent welcomed on your Patio!

Home on Wheels

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/12 06:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That's what we thought, but how do you do that and not make your neighbor mad.....you know living next door to a bad neighbor can be worse than poop.

Home on Wheels

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/12 06:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't mean make it sound like people should not love animals....gosh knows, we love our little one and others, but have some respect. I'm sorry if it sounds like that, I certainly did not mean it to be that way... just wanted some feedback and suggestions.

Home on Wheels

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/12 06:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They picked up their poop, but it's just the not right for them to just come walking right into your patio area and allow their dogs to do that in the first place. It's not like we are even friends. We live in an RV park and they are our neighbors.....they just moved in over the weekend. We were inside eating supper when they just come walking right over and then once the dogs to their business, they turn and go back into their rig. I'm sure they'll be out again later this tonight. Makes me want to change sites...but we like our site.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop

> Pet Business - Venting
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS