|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Goldencrazy

madison wi

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/18/12 07:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Some really ugly, angry comments on this topic. I really think Walmart or Home Depot or any place where RVers park can handle it if it is a problem. Further using this thread to take off after people who work for the government is not very smart. Many people work for the government who are in the private sector as the government contracts with them. How about Boeing for example. So come on give it a rest and nots eat each other up.

Don & Linda

Western PA / Cape Cod

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/12 07:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi all,
Was wondering why so many heated opinions, why so many conflicts?

Just ignore the TROLLS and the opinions you disagree with.

Important to just try to offer the OP your views on the subject at hand.

bowlturner
As you may assume if legal in the community, you plan to over-night in it’s a good idea to check with the store’s manger.
As to what’s allowed? I.e. (Slides/levelers/etc…ask the store mgr. if available. Easy!

Wal-mart/FlyingJ/Any, allowed, large Commercial, well lighted lot is great spot to grab a snooze. Better than driving tired and IMO safer than a interstate rest area.

Happy trips

Sorry if this post seems long, I lacked the time to make it shorter.
almost quote from S.L. Clemens

Don & Linda

1st RV UL EMS 4s Dome
2nd RV 21' AMF Scamper TT PV D300 Dodge
3rd RV National Seabreeze 133LX w/Demco Dolly
4th RV Jayco 2450 5TH PV Ford F-250 SD

CT_WANDERER

E. Lyme, CT

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/12 08:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are the ones that think you should not overnight in Wal-Mart or wherever because if you do, you are being cheap!. I wonder how many of these complainers are the same ones that camp in BLM areas because it is cheaper that using Resort Campground? Being cheap is all a matter of how you look at things. Me, when I travel I will stop for a overnight at whereever, Wal-mat, Flying J, Campground, NPS, Coe, SPs.Etc. That is why I got a MH. it is fully self -contained and I can use it whereever I end at the time I stop. However, I always check with the manager or the person in charge of the place I stop at, to make sure it is OK to stay there for the night. And if it is why should it matter with anyone else! Flame Away

Trap

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/12 09:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think this one has gotten a little out of control. My personal take is if it's ok with Walmart who cares if folks stay overnight or not.
We're not fans of it, but I'm sure glad it's an option.

Lobstah

Northeast

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/12 10:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'ts first.

I truly don't understand why people care about this issue so much. It's not your parking lot, you aren't being injured by it. If a WalMart doesn't want someone staying there for more than a day, they can deal with it. It's THEIR LOT.

Also a lot of folks seem to be pretty interested in how much someone else pays to go camping. Answer to that one is simple...none of your business, and why does it matter to you? It doesn't impact how much YOU spend to go camping...so why do you care?

If I park in your parking lot, you're more than welcome to come shoo me out, but because I'm in a Walmart tonight doesn't mean I'm not adding a few thousand dollars to the local economy during my trip, and again, it's just none of your business. Doesn't impact YOUR trip at all.

Simply amazing how narrow minded and stuck up some people can be. Live your life, leave mine alone thanks.

Jim

2005 Pace Arrow 36D
Very Understanding Wife
2 Boxers
4 Cats

Mr.Mark

California/Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/12 10:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lobstah wrote:

I'ts first.

I truly don't understand why people care about this issue so much. It's not your parking lot, you aren't being injured by it. If a WalMart doesn't want someone staying there for more than a day, they can deal with it. It's THEIR LOT.

Also a lot of folks seem to be pretty interested in how much someone else pays to go camping. Answer to that one is simple...none of your business, and why does it matter to you? It doesn't impact how much YOU spend to go camping...so why do you care?

If I park in your parking lot, you're more than welcome to come shoo me out, but because I'm in a Walmart tonight doesn't mean I'm not adding a few thousand dollars to the local economy during my trip, and again, it's just none of your business. Doesn't impact YOUR trip at all.

Simply amazing how narrow minded and stuck up some people can be. Live your life, leave mine alone thanks.

Jim

Jim, you took the words right out of my mouth. I don't understand these Walmart posts that pop up every month or two, but I read'm like I'm watching a slow train wreck. LOL!

We have never stayed in a Walmart lot and will if the need ever happens. Generally, I don't think I would but you never know.

I guess it's just people's nature to get into someone else's business... I really don't get it.

Safe travels to all.

MM.

Mr.Mark
2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42.2 ft., 4 slides, 425 hp clean-air Cummins diesel
2013 Honda CR-V EXL, AWD, w/Nav, SMI Air Force One vacuum-assisted braking
New coach on order, (2015 Prevost Liberty Coach) arrival Nov. 2014.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS