|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Gas use down 50%

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Dog Trainer

Richmond Mi.

View Profile

Posted: 02/11/12 07:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lbrjet wrote:

Chris Bryant wrote:

Gasoline and Diesel fuel are the number one US *export* right now.

This fact was not well publicized, but is true as of a few months ago. And has EVERYTHING to do with the high price of gas and higher prices to come.

I think they call it supply and demand. The price of fuel for evermore will be determined by world usage and the price each country is willing to pay for it. The oil giants will set on oil until the price is right. The investors will reap big dividends and the USA consumer will pay what the market is bearing. This may be the catalyst that will allow Yankee ingenuity to develop a real alternative that is cost effective and makes sense.

93 Airstream 35' Dp
5.9 230 uprated to 300 HP
Allison MD 3060
Shadow 12 yr old Golden Daktari & Lydia Cavalier King Charles (fur Bearing Children) Duchess my Golden daddys little girl at the Rainbow bridge since 4/12

SRT

Head of the Lakes, MN

View Profile

Posted: 02/11/12 07:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Homer wrote:

B.O.Plenty has it right. The more mileage a car gets, the more the fuel for that car is going to cost. That is called a business model.

The Minnesota Legislature has floated the idea of charging a vehicle owner for the miles driven as the gas tax is producing less income for the roads.

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 02/11/12 08:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

camperforlife is right, its all about money. and all the fuel saved here is sold over sea,s for more than we pay here.

agesilaus

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/11/12 09:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SRT wrote:

The Minnesota Legislature has floated the idea of charging a vehicle owner for the miles driven as the gas tax is producing less income for the roads.

I believe the Oregon legislators floated an idea to force everyone to install gps mileage trackers in their vehicles and then tax them based on miles driven. If anyone ever came up with a functional electric vehicle it would still be using the same roads but not paying fuel taxes.

And if the blasted politicians would just spend the road tax money on roads and not on bike and pedestrian tracks/lanes and for buses and rail, then they'd have all the money they need for road maintenance.

Glendale Titanium 29E34TS fifth wheel
2012 Ford F-350 4WD Lariat 6.7L
PullRite OE Series Super5th 18K
Superbumper

jrobert01

tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/11/12 09:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I do not understand all this so will someone explain please. they say it is supply and demand.Well the supply is high and the demand is low but the prices are high.when the prices went up before they said it was because not enough supply.Then they said it went up because oil prices did oil prices went down gas still went up. I just don't understand all this high tech stuff.Regardless of what they say it changes to whatever will raise prices. I have noticed no politicians are saying anything about how to get prices down especially building a pipeline from Canada to at least buy from someone that's not a enemy. I would hate to see the faith of someone that wanted to tap the oil in our country and not support our enemies.My rant has stopped sorry just aggravated.

The Texan

Cascade, Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 02/11/12 10:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jrobert01 wrote:

I do not understand all this so will someone explain please. they say it is supply and demand.Well the supply is high and the demand is low but the prices are high.when the prices went up before they said it was because not enough supply.Then they said it went up because oil prices did oil prices went down gas still went up. I just don't understand all this high tech stuff.Regardless of what they say it changes to whatever will raise prices. I have noticed no politicians are saying anything about how to get prices down especially building a pipeline from Canada to at least buy from someone that's not a enemy. I would hate to see the faith of someone that wanted to tap the oil in our country and not support our enemies.My rant has stopped sorry just aggravated.
Refined petroleum, gas and diesel are now the number 1 export of the US, so demand is NOT down. We are in a global economy and that includes all petroleum products. You will be paying whatever the global economy sets as a fair market price in the very near future, so get used to high prices now.

Bob & Betsy(FishNFanatic) - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"
'05 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, 400 Cummins-Pulling our '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/ Rzr or Suzuki or an ACE riding in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

Seamutt

Prince George BC Canada

View Profile

Posted: 02/11/12 12:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is one really saving money with an EV. High cost of purchase. Cost of replacing the batteries. In case of a serious accident one is in close proximity to a lot of electrical energy.

2007 Okanagan 26 RLS Dual 6v.
2001 Chev. 8.1 L 4X4

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Gas use down 50%
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: