RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Question on Flagstaff micro lite series TT's

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Question on Flagstaff micro lite series TT's

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
Atlee

Mechanicsville, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/11/12 02:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I saw a Forest River Flagstaff 23FB at the Richmond RV show today. This model has a Murphy bed. The Murphy bed was easy to operate. Only needed one hand. When the Murphy bed was up, there was a jack knife sofa available, plus a 40" wide dinette.

Anyone know much about this particular model, in particular? Or about Flagstaff TT's, in general?

Erroll, Mary, Duffy the Badger Dog plus "Ollie"
"The Traveling Koala"
2012 Koala 21CS
2005 F150 Supercab 4x4, w/ 5.4L
And Equal-i-zer WDH/Sway Control

Cedarhill

Deep South

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/11/12 03:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought a Flagstaff model 21FBRS last year and have used it several times. So far, we have been very pleased. Flagstaffs are identical to Rockwoods and are manufactured in the same plant by the same people using the same materials, if you know anything about those. I believe the Rockwood model is 2304.

Our Flagstaff came with some nice features that aren't included with all travel trailers in this size range. Some examples are a inlet water filter, water heater bypass plumbing, input port for pumping antifreeze directly into the water lines, plug in shore power cord and a 55 amp 3 stage converter/battery charger. It also has over-sized tires and axles for the GVWR.

The manufacturer, Forest River, is one of the largest manufacturers in the world and the company is owned by Berkshire Hathaway (Warren Buffet) if that matters.

At this point, I can offer a qualified recommendation. We shall see how well it holds up to heavy use.

skipnchar

Topeka or somewhere else

View Profile

Posted: 02/11/12 05:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Flagstaff is the sister model to my Rockwood (both products of Forest River which is one of the largest RV manufacturers in the country). The only difference between Rockwood and Flagstaff are cosmetic items like wall paper design and fabric selections. You can check them and compare them to other fine manufacturers on this web site where owners rate their own RVs based on a standardized list of questions. http://www.rv-coach.com/RV/manufacturers/survey/rate_your_rv_results.html
Good luck and happy hunting / Skip

BTW: I'm very happy with my Rockwood and we towed the trailer over 50,000 miles before we had our first repair issue of any consequence. Had only a single warranty issue which occurred in the second year of the factory warranty and WOULD have cost about $35.00 had it NOT been under warranty.

2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

hitnderoad

Twin Cities metro, Mn.

View Profile

Posted: 02/11/12 05:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had a 19' Flagstaff Hybred and camped in it for three years before getting a larger tt. It was a good solid trailer with no major problems. We were well pleased with it, just wanted a larger tt.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Question on Flagstaff micro lite series TT's
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS