|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> sigh, how many more times

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
twodog

arizona

View Profile

Posted: 02/12/12 06:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think some of the violence we read about down south against gringos stems from a lack of being prepared. A few days ago in this forum a couple wrote they were in a caravan that was stopped at gunpoint. The lead vehicle of the caravan was forced to pull over and pay money. The couple who wrote about how “exciting” all this was, were in the rear and never knew what happened until later that day. That story is so wrong at so many levels it’s hard to know where to start.
The caravan did not have any plan(s) in place for this eventuality. They did not have any communication within the caravan to warn of such an event. Prior to crossing the boarder they should have discussed the possible scenarios and how to respond to each. The most important thing to do if someone attempts to stop you is get off the “X”. Don’t stop. Don’t put loved ones at risk by stopping. Once you lose momentum it takes time to get it back. It’s very easy to drive thru (not around) vehicles blocking your lane. The damage is actually very little. Get on the radio and tell the vehicles behind you what is happening so they are prepared. Have a plan to regroup after an attempted attack to check on everybody. Report the event to the National Police. It’s counter-terrorism 101.
Being prepared and knowing what to do will go a long way in protecting you and your loved ones against crime. Maggybeck is correct. Don’t be afraid but don’t allow yourself to be a target. CA is beautiful with beautiful people. Enjoy it.

2dog
17' nash,pv,axleflip,hd sus w/shocks, yamaha gensets
t4r, arb goodies

The Texan

Wellton, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 02/12/12 07:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SWD wrote:

......or even in Florida....heaven forbid.....or even worse in good old "law & order" Canada. Bad stuff happens, its unfortunate but that's part of life! Get on with life as you know it and enjoy.
Where in the states or Canada have you seen headless bodies hanging from an overpass.. Where in the US or Canada have you seen severed heads or dismembered bodies lying on the sidewalk.. Yes, bad stuff happens in the US and Canada, but not to the extreme that it is happening in Mexico. Good valid information of what is happening where in Mexico is information that those who chose to travel in Mexico need to see, so they can make an informed decision as to where they want to go.

Bob & Betsy(FishNFanatic) - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"
'05 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, 400 Cummins-Pulling our '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/ the Rzr or ACE or a Quad riding in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

Graydon

Somewhere on the road

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/12/12 08:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry twodog... I would rather stop and hand over the keys to my rv rather than try to outrun a hale of bullets.

Graydon

MichDoc

Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/12/12 08:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

People that insist on going to Mexico will do so, regardless of the warnings or reports of violence. That's fine. It's called freedom of choice.
However, some people would rather learn from the experiences of others, and don't need to be victims themselves in order to become believers. I think the warnings are directed at the people that are just contemplating travel to Mexico, and who are looking for usable advice to help them make their decision, and not the ones who insist on going there because they have not yet been victimized. I always have concerns for the safety of those who are looking for a warm, SAFE place to spend the winter, but no concerns at all for the safety of those who insist on ignoring the warnings. That's your choice.

Acampingwewillgo

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/12/12 09:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have nothing against anyone going to Mexico...as stated, its your choice. But in the same vain as this thread, How many times when some act of violence is reported down South do we have to hear about how Great Mexico is? how Saintly and safe Mexico is? How there is just as much violence in the US as in Mexico? How much more beautiful Mexico is than the US? As the OP suggested, Get a life and move on! Go to Mexico if you want, I wont be joining you either and please stop comparing Mexico to the US/Canada!

96 Vogue Prima Vista 37' CAT 3176B
Our Babies: Mollie, Cassie and Maggie, all rescued King Charles Spaniels, Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie, Scoutie, Katie, Cooper, Kodie and our sweet Rubie RIP kids!

Rally's and get togethers.....Lots

RandACampin

Kathleen, Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 02/12/12 08:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

clarlk wrote:

Funny, you read the paper in the states ??? The local shootings does not even make the front page ?

If you all voted to Legalize all the drugs that is consumed NOB the crimes would end..

Wrong.

turninghawk

Ormond Beach, FL

View Profile

Posted: 02/12/12 09:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Graydon wrote:

Sorry twodog... I would rather stop and hand over the keys to my rv rather than try to outrun a hale of bullets.

IF that's one of your choices............

Cloud Dancer

San Antonio and Livingston TX USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/12/12 10:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My relatives in Mexico believe that if the law-abiding citizens were allowed to enjoy the same gun laws as USA citizens, they would be able to make a big dent in taking care of their high-crime problems. They believe Mexico would be safer, and would attract more tourists.
I personally feel much safer living, and staying, in the USA. It's MY perception. However, I have zero problem with anyone who chooses to visit Mexico.

Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

stanbnv

Fallon NV, La Peñita de Jaltemba, Nay.

View Profile

Posted: 02/12/12 10:22am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you don't choose to travel in Mexico, for whatever reason, that's just fine with me. BUT, why do you even look on this forum and feel the need to post about why you won't travel there??? I will NEVER travel to Alaska either by road or boat (again), but I don't go on the Alaska forum and post why I dislike it and that I would never travel there. I don't go on the Motor Home forum and post about how much better I think a 5th wheel is. I don't feel the need to tell everyone that they are stupid to overload their rig. Enough said from me!!!

Stan & Linda
Hobo the Cat
06 Dodge 3500 CTD 6 sp Quad Cab Bighorn
04 Laredo 29GS
06 Arctic Fox 245N
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference"

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 02/12/12 12:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Let me guess...I think I will hear about violence in Mexico 70,342 more times.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> sigh, how many more times
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS