|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Video published by Sonora Mexico

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Sponsored By:
mexicoruss

Puerto Penasco Sonora Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/12 06:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

VIDEO

Here is a short video put out just a few days ago about the state where my wife and I live full time. I think it turned out very well. Tell me what you think!

Russ

Russ Black
011-521-638-113-4591 Cell Phone
Puerto Penasco, Sonora

Gadget Guy

Calgary

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/12 08:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Done very well!!!

moisheh

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/12 10:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't consider that video desperate. Simply a Government agency giving you the good side of a location. No different tha the ads on TV telling you to come to New Orleans. This last warning from the USA Gov. has upset a lot of Mexicans. Even the US Embassy in Herm. does not appear to be pleased. There was nothing in that video that was "enhanced". PP, Kino, SC and Alamos are as safe as any small town anwyhere in the world. There are people in Kino who do not lock their doors. I used to leave my keys in the truck ( not a good idea!. There are areas in Sonora where I would not travel. The locales in that video are not part of the danger zones.PP is a nice beach town. if you like the beach and tourist areas. This is not Oaxaca. The culture is partly diluted by the gringos. But the services available are super. The people are friendly and accomodating. The weather in PP is warmer than Kino or SC. I would sooner go to PP than Melaque which I consider a dirty town with horrible food and crowded with foreigners and has a crime problem. But to each their own. PP gets bashed a lot and it is a nice spot. Russ: Keep up the good work! We will return to PP.

Moisheh

old guy

Oregon (pronounced Or e gun)

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/12 11:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sure they are desperate for tourists, with the US gov telling the spring break people to stay away or you stand the chance of getting shot, I think I would be making a video too.

mayo30

Up here in the cold,cold north.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/12 09:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mexicoruss wrote:

VIDEO

Here is a short video put out just a few days ago about the state where my wife and I live full time. I think it turned out very well. Tell me what you think!

Russ

Did I miss the RV section and parks,I will have to watch again.Sounds like a desperate plea for tourists.

Snow River TC

BC Canada summer / Jalisco, Mexico winter

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/12 09:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It sums up how many of us feel about this country. I have never been to Rocky Point, but i think I will check it out on my way home (next year). Too cold in Jan, but April would be good.

moisheh

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/12 11:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

post deleted

cross country

Brentwood Bay, British Columbia, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/12 01:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very nice. Where is it? Is there an airport? How far is the drive? Are there gas stations along the way? Do they take US dollars? What is the accommodation compared to? Who do I call to find out? May I come in an RV? How is the shopping for staples?

qtla9111

Monterrey, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/12 01:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

old guy wrote:

sure they are desperate for tourists, with the US gov telling the spring break people to stay away or you stand the chance of getting shot, I think I would be making a video too.

Sorry, no desperation here. There might be some competition as 52 million people will visit Mexico this year and travel to ancient Mayan ruins on the other side of the country thinking the world will end on December 21th.

Mexico has and always will be a major tourist destination. With all that has happened, tourism has only increased over the last few years.

Guess I'm not sure why people want to paint a doomsday picture of Mexico, the economy couldn't be better, unemployment is down, and the dollar gets cheaper every week.

1.5 million Americans living here along with Canadians and Europeans, we can't all be wrong. I'm sticking to the good ole U.S. of Mexico.

2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

Snow River TC

BC Canada summer / Jalisco, Mexico winter

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/12 11:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey I love Melaque. It's still "Mexican" despite being overrun with Gringos. If I want "American" I will go to Cabo.

Obviously considering LDT has been 100% full for the last 3 weeks, I am not alone.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Video published by Sonora Mexico
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS