|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> Lazy Days RV Resort - Tucson

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
almcc

Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/12 12:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I thought that I would comment on our stays (and problems) at Lazy Days here in Tucson.

We were here before Christmas which was after the re-opening of the resort. Things were a little rough which was probably a result of the fact that the resort was closed for almost a year. The irrigation system was off (burned up grass) and the bushes were overgrown.

I required some work on our Atwood furnace, I arranged to have the repair done by Lazy Days on-site. The tech thought that the motor on the furnace was defective (he didn't read the blinking LED indicating an ignition problem). A motor was ordered from California (no parts in stock!) which came in DOA (shaft wouldn't turn). A second motor was ordered and installed, it turned out not to be the problem. He then suspected a board problem (again no parts in stock!), we didn't want to wait around for another week so I called a mobile RV repair guy when we were in Yuma, with a replacement board (on the truck!)the repair was done in 10 minutes. I lost about $250 at Lazy Days.

We came back to Lazy Days on our way east and we have a problem with our Splendide washer/dryer, there is a lint build up in the duct inside the unit which requires the unit to be opened up and cleaned. Lazy Days won't allow "unauthorized" outside contractors to come into the campground even though the outfit I called is an authorized Splendide contractor (and suggested by Spendide), still can't get in!

Lazy Days seem to have imported a lot of Florida "shirt and tie types" (lots of chiefs but no "indians"), but the RV resort still isn't up to snuff, they pick up garbage at the site but it sits rotting in the hot sun for a couple or three hours before they get around to doing it. Yes the irrigation system is now working at the sites, but you get soaked about 3 times during the day as no-one checked the irrigation pattern and the timing of the irrigation (shouldn't this be done overnight to conserve water??).

Sorry for the rant, but I wanted to make sure that folks planning on staying here or having work done should be forewarned. It will be interesting if the Tucson facility survives, there is no attention to detail here, that's something I believe is required to be a success.

The Texan

Home ... Toquerville, UT .. Summer ... Cascade, ID

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/12 01:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sounds like operation as usual in the work bays of Lazy Days. Sorry, but they have the worst service of any dealer in the US. One tech overseeing 10 untrained drones in 4 bays, is not my idea of quality supervision or work.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"
2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

conmoto

Northern Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/12 05:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had a wonderful 8 day stay the last week of January. We did not need any service but found the sites excellent without any problems.

Dennis M M

Winter in Tucson, AZ; summer on the road

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/12 10:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"We came back to Lazy Days on our way east"

Why? if you were unhappy the first time why go back? There are plenty of other nicer (and a lot cheaper!) RV Parks in Tucson.

For instance Desert Trails. This is our third winter here, been here since Dec 1 and staying 'till the end of March.

'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'13 smart CityFlame on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure

almcc

Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/12 10:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dennis M M wrote:

"We came back to Lazy Days on our way east"

Why? if you were unhappy the first time why go back? There are plenty of other nicer (and a lot cheaper!) RV Parks in Tucson.

For instance Desert Trails. This is our third winter here, been here since Dec 1 and staying 'till the end of March.

Yes Dennis, perhaps we shouldn't have given them a second chance and found a better park, we will check out other parks in the Tucson area next season when we transit the area. We won't be back to Lazy Days.

Part of the reason I posted was to highlight the policy they have to generate business for themselves by restricting access to other companies (RV repair and other). It's something that's not a part of their fine print. It's the first time in our camping experience that something like this has happened and it didn't happen under Beaudry.

inyigoL

California

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/12 01:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lazy lazy lazy day seems I'm experiencing it quiet often this past few days.

moisheh

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/14/12 02:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am surpised at your comments on the park. We were there twice. Once on the way to Q and once on the way back. The staff was amazing. Security is great. The park is spotless. The restaurant is just as good as in the Bistro days. All of the electrical boxes are either new or rebuilt. The faucets have been repaired and the water pressure is 75 lbs. Every tenant is warned about the high pressure. Do you really expect them to pick up the garbage very hour?? Isn't that a little extreme? We put ours out before 8 a.m. and it was gone before 9. The WiFi was super even though the park was about 90% full. We met the resort manager. A cool guy who will do whatever is necessary to keep the tenants happy. I chatted with some other Monaco owners and our neighbours. Every person was pleased. There is another forum member who stayed there for a month with his new unit and he too was pleased. Perhaps your bad experinece with the service soured your taste for Lazydays. Beaudry's was always one of our favorite stops in Tucson and we are pleased that Lazy days is continuing the tradition of being a great spot.

Moisheh

westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/12 02:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have never been there, but it is my understanding that the park is affiliated with the RV dealership. If that is the case, I can surely understand them not allowing competing RV repair companies from doing repairs at the facility since they have a repair facility of their own. I would think that most any business would adopt the same policy.

moisheh

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/14/12 08:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are not many RV parks that are attached to and owned by an RV dealer. If I owned LD I sure wouldn't let any competitors into the park. It's called feeding the hand that bites you. I didn't check their rules but I would guess it is stated in that hand out. I did see a fellow in the park with a truck that installs window shades. I wonder if they would let a Cummins service truck into the park?

Moisheh

almcc

Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/14/12 09:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

moisheh wrote:

I am surpised at your comments on the park. We were there twice. Once on the way to Q and once on the way back. The staff was amazing. Security is great. The park is spotless. The restaurant is just as good as in the Bistro days. All of the electrical boxes are either new or rebuilt. The faucets have been repaired and the water pressure is 75 lbs. Every tenant is warned about the high pressure. Do you really expect them to pick up the garbage very hour?? Isn't that a little extreme? We put ours out before 8 a.m. and it was gone before 9. The WiFi was super even though the park was about 90% full. We met the resort manager. A cool guy who will do whatever is necessary to keep the tenants happy. I chatted with some other Monaco owners and our neighbours. Every person was pleased. There is another forum member who stayed there for a month with his new unit and he too was pleased. Perhaps your bad experinece with the service soured your taste for Lazydays. Beaudry's was always one of our favorite stops in Tucson and we are pleased that Lazy days is continuing the tradition of being a great spot.

Moisheh

I guess I'm a bit more picky than you are Moisheh!

You must have missed the paint overspray on the power pedestals around the meters, they certainly aren't new, just painted to match the Lazy Days colour scheme. Having said that, they do work.

In terms of the garbage collection,I would much rather walk to a dumpster to deposit the garbage instead of having it left on the driveway for an extended time, and yes, an hour isn't an unreasonable time compared to other resorts, it isn't Mexico!

We've been to Beaudry/Lazy Days for about 6 years, except over the winter of 2010/11 when the bankruptcy/closure occurred. While it was good that the park reopened, but we see that some improvements are still required to bring it back to the Beaudry standard that we saw a few years before the bankruptcy, hence the reason for the comments.

I judge a park based on what it's potential is compared to similar parks that we've visited that charge similar prices, we recently stayed at a couple of very nice parks in California, Lazy Days doesn't quite match these facilities, hence the comments. Maybe I'm spoiled.

The folks at Lazy Days obviously read my comments and have addressed some of my concerns, so things will probably improve. They also indicated that they will reimburse me for the work done on my rig before Christmas.

The issue of refusing entry to outside contractors may continue to be a problem for them though, the outfit that I called for work on the camper had two other calls from people staying here and they couldn't do the work for them.

I look at the issue this way, if I had a Monaco coach I wouldn't want to have it serviced by a Ford dealer, that's why I called a rep from the manufacturer to have an authorized repair outfit do the work in the hope that it gets done properly.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> Lazy Days RV Resort - Tucson
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2017 CWI, Inc. © 2017 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS