|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> Lazy Days RV Resort - Tucson

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
justlou

Northern, Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/21/12 08:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

almcc wrote:

We came back to Lazy Days on our way east and we have a problem with our Splendide washer/dryer, there is a lint build up in the duct inside the unit which requires the unit to be opened up and cleaned. Lazy Days won't allow "unauthorized" outside contractors to come into the campground even though the outfit I called is an authorized Splendide contractor (and suggested by Spendide), still can't get in!

This is a common problem with the newer Splendide 2100XC W/D. It does not require disassembly to remove the lint clog. If you have access to the rear of the unit you can remove the dryer vent hose and back flush the lint clog into the drum with water and then run the unit without clothes on the wool cycle with about two cups of vinegar poured directly into the drum. The vinegar breaks up the soap and softener that causes the lint to build up in the vent hose. I must pull my unit forward about 6-8 inches to accomplish this but it much easier than removing the unit and tearing it apart.

justlou
2006 Monaco Diplomat
2014 Honda CR-V AWD

almcc

Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/21/12 10:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the suggestion Justlou!

Unfortunately, I don't have access to the back, other then being able to disconnect the power, water and vent through a small hole to one side of the unit, I have to pull it completely from the enclosure. Once that's done it's not a long job to open the back and re and re the small rubber duct that's clogged. Part of the problem is also the tight space in the bathroom where the unit is located, I'm saving the job until I get home so I can use a small workbench to support the unit while i work on it.

I tried the vinegar treatment suggested by Splendide but it didn't soften the clog.

BJean

Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/27/12 04:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We always trusted Lazy Days in Seffner, Fl.....but be warned that things there have changed. We needed new tires on the Class C...went there & paid more than other places thinking we would get RV experts. We told them we wanted Michelin steel belt RV tires, load range E. What we got (& we didn't notice until days later & on our way) was a Michelin tire- but one made for light trucks & SUV's, with a 2-ply sidewall...steel belts on tread only. Not the RIB tire which is the only RV tire that Michelin makes in our size. Checked the receipt we got....in fine print- a disclaimer that they "do not warrant merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose". They also have a little statement that if "service work has not been performed or has been performed improperly "they must be notified in writing within 48 hrs or you waive any claim that service work has not been adequately performed". We also sat for 2 "seminars" while we waited all day for the tires to be installed. They turned out to be extremely high pressure sales talks for the imperative need for nitrogen in the tires (which was billed as a tire maintenance seminar), and the death we would face if we didn't spend thousands of dollars to install run flat bands. We had heard in the hot tub while there that they are in the process of selling the Seffner facility....might explain the feeling of desperation we got. Their lots were almost empty of units to sell. A sad experience, as we used to be great fans.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> Lazy Days RV Resort - Tucson
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS