RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Coach painting..

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Coach painting..

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Sponsored By:
tbomn

Minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/12 09:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 2003 Winnebago Adenturer 38G that we really like. I have been looking at coaches to upgrade my situation. As you know, they aren't cheap, and have been thinking maybe just cleaning up the Adventurer. I would like to have the exterior totally repainted, striped, and detailed. I live in the Mpls/St. Paul area..... My question is this: What would something like this cost, and does anyone know where I can get it done?? After having the outside done, I want to have the interior all detailed and upgraded..... Any ideas?

Joe and Joan...
Retired Educators
Maggie..Calico Selkirk Rex
Clayton..Silver Tabby American Shorthair
1976 Harris Floatboat Houseboat
Voyageurs National Park..Minnesota
2003 Winnebago Adventurer 38G
2007 GMC Envoy toad

Goldencrazy

madison wi

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/12 09:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sure, Precision Painting in Elkhart Ind. Outside around 15 grand and it will look fantastic. They also do interiors.

Dennis M M

Geneva, IL; Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/12 09:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Take a look at Phoenix Painting I've seen their work and it is beautiful at reasonable prices.

'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'11 smart fortwo on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure

J-Rooster

Port Orchard, Wa. / Lake Havasu City, Az.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/12 10:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tbomn wrote:

I have a 2003 Winnebago Adenturer 38G that we really like. I have been looking at coaches to upgrade my situation. As you know, they aren't cheap, and have been thinking maybe just cleaning up the Adventurer. I would like to have the exterior totally repainted, striped, and detailed. I live in the Mpls/St. Paul area..... My question is this: What would something like this cost, and does anyone know where I can get it done?? After having the outside done, I want to have the interior all detailed and upgraded..... Any ideas?
Joe, there's a paint shop in Los Algodones (just across the border from Andrade, CA.) I can't remember the name a snowbird neighbor of mine had there coach painted there and a lot of my neighbors go there for dental work also. If your not familiar you cross the state line from Yuma, AZ. to Winterhaven, CA. and it's south of Winterhaven. From what I seen a bang up job for the buck. It will be worth checking out on your next Arizona trip. Just jump in the tow car and check it out.

Rochester, Mn

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/12 10:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There's an independent company that does Winny's painting. It's name is CDI. A couple of years ago, I messed up the rear corner (darned tail swing). I fixed it myself and went to Forest City to pick up the parts I needed. While there I talked to them about repainting the whole lower half. They quoted $1800 which I didn't think was to bad. I ended up having a local body shop do just the rear corner instead for $450.

Mark

2000 Itasca Suncruiser 35U on a Ford chassis, 80,000 miles
2003 Ford Explorer toad with Ready Brake supplemental brakes,
Ready Brute tow bar, and Demco base plate.

Nomadac

Columbus, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/14/12 12:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Precision Painting is in Bremen, IN. just west of Nappanee, IN. They painted all of the Travel Supreme MH's and Fifth wheel trailers. They now paint all of the Entregra MH's. You can reach them at 1-866-909-4473, ask for Dan Miller. www.PrecisionPaintingRV.com

As mentioned they do interiors, body repairs, service, etc.
They often work on Prevost, and other high end MH, including painting Stacker trailers to match Prevost or other MH's.
If you want the best, they can't be beat IMO.

Arnie
2003 Travel Supreme MH
38KSO1 Cummins ISC 350HP
2004 Honda Pilot w/SMI Air Force One Brake Sys.
1963 Pontiac Grand Prix 20' Enclosed Car Trailer

bsinmich

Holland, MI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/14/12 04:22am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I like the one that JROOSTER suggested. Nothng like getting your teeth fixed while you wait. Does the same guy do one in the morning and the other job in the afternoon?

2003 Newmar Mountain Aire, Workhorse W22, 2008 Saturn Vue, Falcon 5250, & US Gear Unified Tow Brake

MrsMingo

Traveling from AZ to WI

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/12 08:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've been living in our MH over 10 years and have also decided it's better to keep/update rather than replace. We have an appointment with Precision Painting beginning of Aug and cost is exstimated between 15-20 thousand - depends on what pattern/colors we finally choose. Since we'll be "homeless" for approx 3 weeks during the paint job, will be living out of suitcases with several friends/family in WI. And we have been replacing items inside also (couch, curtains, tv's). Been debating replacing the ceiling "rug" with vinyl. And also haven't decided yet on what to replace the foor with. Our MH was paid off within 3 months of buying it and we aren't looking for a monthly payment of any kind! We decided to go this route because we figure we have another 10 years of fulltiming ahead of us and a smaller investment of 25,000 to redo the whole MH is alot better than buying a new one! You never "make" money when you sell a MH anyway so have it look and operate the way you want it to! Just have fun with making the decisions and during the process!

Rae & Capt. Ron Lampe
Sparky - a work in progress
2001 Travel Supreme
1998 Chevy S-10
1999 BMW K-1200LT

chastho

arkansas

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/12 08:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you want to make a trip south to Red Bay AL you can get an excellent full body paint job for about $7500. You have your choice of colors and as many stripes as you want. If you have slides he charges about $500 each, that is for painting and striping the ends of the slides. There is no reason to pay $15k to $20k for a paint job. Use the money you save to put on the interior which you can also get done in Red Bay for a decent price and excellent work.

Mike & Fran

West Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/14/12 05:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think you are doing the right thing. We have a 02 Adventurer 35U and can't find a floor plan we like better. So we are just keeping it in good condition and will keep it for quite a few more years..Just ordered and recieved new decals..

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Coach painting..
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS