|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Exterior faded

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
brodon651

Gulfport MS

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/14/12 08:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wanted to make MH exterior look better. Have read up on poliglow and newglass products and sounds like a good product to do annually.
Reviews say to put 3 to 5 coats on and let dry. One bottle will cover 35' MH. As I put more coats on how many bottles would you think I need to order.

Super Guy 78

Augusta, GA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/14/12 10:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A year ago I put Red Max Pro #3 on my 14 year old Mountain Aire, Took 5 coats but it is better than When I pick it up new. I will never go back to wax. The striping take time but then the Red Max go on very easy.

Super Guy 78

Augusta, GA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/14/12 10:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Oh, forgot to tell you, you can buy it at Lowes for about $15.00 a gal, I put 6 coat on now and still have 1/4 gal left.

Gale Hawkins

Murray, KY

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/12 10:23am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

While it is 1000% more expensive Poli Glow will last as long as Red Max Pro #3 (Lowes) or the sister brand Zep Wet Look #3 from HD based on my recently updated research.

Poli Glow posts indicate a year plus of shine like RMP#3 but again these products are all water based removable short term acrylic coatings. We do more like 10 coats because it takes little more time while it is clean and your rags are wet.

My EC nature may plan a roll in my case of going with 10 coats.

We have a lot of stuff that has to set outside year round that RMP3 is awesome for too. We have Bar Keeper's Friend/RMP3 one tractor and one pick-up truck and have may more to do next summer.

Drying time is 10 minutes in non winter weather. It goes on like water and drys just as fast. We sprayed the inside/outside of our roof AC covers hoping to keep down the growth of crud since we do NOT live in the desert SW.

* This post was edited 02/14/12 10:30am by Gale Hawkins *

Super Guy 78

Augusta, GA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/14/12 12:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have used Newglow and it did not last long, I was very disappointed in that product, but so far the Red Max just keep getting better/shiner. Just got back from a month long trip from Florida and I should wash the MH, but it still look good before the wash. Somebody said that Lowes did not sell it any more, so I went over and yes they do, but I brought another gal just in case they stop selling, they had about 20 gals on hand.

Super Guy 78

Augusta, GA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/14/12 12:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I guess it Newglass not Newglow

usazincs

Ft. Myers

View Profile

Posted: 02/15/12 07:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I started using Poliglow on my 1990 35 foot Eggharbor sportfish in south florida two years ago. I was so impressed with the results, that I added the product line to our website and became a distributor. It restored the faded gelcoat to a near new condition, and gave it a hard shine that is incredible. I had tried every wax and polish on the market previously; nothing like Poliglow. It lasted a full year and now I've just recoated it for another year in our blistering sun conditions. I can't say enough about the product. We are the lowest price on the internet with free shipping. You can find it at: www.USAzincs.com

LynnandCarol

Fieldon, IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/14/12 02:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Where is the Red Max @Lowes, paint Dept?

wildtoad

Blythewood, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/14/12 02:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You may find it hard to find red max pro. Posters on this and other forums have indicated that Lowes has stopped selling it. But that's just what I've heard. It would be in the floor care / cleaning products section.

For what it's worth, I've used Mop N Glo and have had good results.

Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2000 Hurricane 30Q

Gale Hawkins

Murray, KY

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/12 04:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wildtoad wrote:

You may find it hard to find red max pro. Posters on this and other forums have indicated that Lowes has stopped selling it. But that's just what I've heard. It would be in the floor care / cleaning products section.

Option if your Lowes does not carry Red Max Pro#3.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Exterior faded
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS