RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Why don't parents...

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Why don't parents...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
jetboater454

Camping or home

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/12 01:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Told the sons wife that when he was 3 years old I used to take him to the toy department at Walmart and leave him there while I went to work.Picked him up on the way home. I think she thought I was serious.

Other half is camping with the angels,Riding alone for now.

2008 3500 Dodge Ram CTD dually 4X4 SOLD
2007 Gulfstream Endura Max 40 SOLD
2001 Polaris Ranger 4X4 SOLD
Harley Dyna Lowrider.

Mod Pics

Hammerhead

Moon Base 5

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/12 01:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Most kids are well behaved. You just don't notice them as much as the kids running wild or tugging on Mom's leg begging for attention while Mom continues talking on her cell phone.

mgirardo

Brunswick, GA

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/12 01:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hammerhead wrote:

Most kids are well behaved. You just don't notice them as much as the kids running wild or tugging on Mom's leg begging for attention while Mom continues talking on her cell phone.

I would agree with that.

-Michael

* This post was edited 02/14/12 02:40pm by an administrator/moderator *

Michael Girardo :: michael@ecxc.com
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer
Four Green Feet

Cookielady

Tampa, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/14/12 02:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Last summer, we were on a 3-month RV trip around the country and stopped at a retaurant somewhere in Arizona. As we were eating, we couldn't help but notice a young couple with 3 little girls, ranging in ages of 2 - 7. My husband and I couldn't help but notice how well behaved they were and calm the parents were. When they were preparing to leave, I called the father over and told him how impressed we were and what a good job he and his wife were doing. He thanked me and told me that it meant a lot for him to hear that.
I may be the first to complain when children misbehave but I will also go out of my way to compliment a good parent, especially now a days.

Motorhome Mama
http://www.worldisround.com/home/mhmama/index.html

p220sigman

Tallahassee, FL, USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/12 03:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is like any other behavior by any other group, there is a minority of people garnering all the attention and the entire group gets labeled because of the few. We do not allow our kids to be disruptive and disrespectful. On that rare occasion that they decide to test the limits, I have no problem removing them from the store or restaurant and punishing appropriately. Fortunately, that didn't occur often and hasn't occurred in quite some time as our kids have gotten older.

Lady Fitzgerald

Tempe, AZ, USA, Earth

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/12 06:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cookielady wrote:

Last summer, we were on a 3-month RV trip around the country and stopped at a retaurant somewhere in Arizona. As we were eating, we couldn't help but notice a young couple with 3 little girls, ranging in ages of 2 - 7. My husband and I couldn't help but notice how well behaved they were and calm the parents were. When they were preparing to leave, I called the father over and told him how impressed we were and what a good job he and his wife were doing. He thanked me and told me that it meant a lot for him to hear that.
I may be the first to complain when children misbehave but I will also go out of my way to compliment a good parent, especially now a days.

I do the same thing. Unfortunately, I don't get to do so very often. I was in a theater once and had to get up and move because a young woman with several children who were really too young to be taken to a movie not only aloowed her three young charges to chatter non-stop, but was also contributing to the chatter. Even at the other side of the theater, I could hear the mother and her brats chattering away. As I walked out, I politely told the woman I didn't appreciate her and her children ruining the movie for me with their chatter. She looked shock but didn't say much. A short while later, in the parking lot, as she drove by me, she hit her horn and flipped me off. Small wonder todays' children are so ill behaved.

Today's kids know you will get in trouble if you touch them and take advantage of it (not to mention their parents feel their little darlings are little angels). It's amazing how rude, arrogant, disrespectful, and foul mouthed they are.

Jeannie

Dog Trainer

Richmond Mi.

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/12 06:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My children were well behaved and today my grandchildren are well behaved. There is no need to make a spectical in the middle of a store. You simply take them to a quiet place and let them know that the behavior is unacceptable. My son in law does an excellent job of teaching our grandchildren to be behaved and yet at no time do I beleive that he has been too rough or out of control. The reason some children do not behave is because we have not taught our children how to be good parents.

93 Airstream 35' Dp
5.9 230 uprated to 300 HP
Allison MD 3060
Shadow 12 yr old Golden Daktari & Lydia Cavalier King Charles (fur Bearing Children) Duchess my Golden daddys little girl at the Rainbow bridge since 4/12

campn4walleye

Central WI

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/12 06:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That's why I love Europe! No kids in stores or restaurants. If there were any, they behaved themselves. I thought it was odd. Seriously, there were more dogs in the restaurants and dept stores than there were children.

2011 Adventurer 910FBS,Torklift tie downs,Fastguns & Wobbl-stopprs
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW 6.7L CTD, 4x4, LB,CC,6 speed auto,3.73 axle, General 17" on/off road
2008 Lund 1825 Explorer Sport,115 Merc,9.9 kicker,Torklift Super Hitch,42" Supertruss
USAF ret E-9&E-7

hokeypokey

xxx

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/12 09:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When I arrived in the parking lot, I always had "the talk" with our children. I explained we had to get necessary things today & not toys. They understood from "the talk" that we'd make time to go to the toy aisle & they could look, but not buy. At the grocery store, they could each pick out 1 box of cereal because cereal was for weekends at our house. They knew what was expected from them and they never, ever, let me down.

RoadXYZ

OR-WA-ID-CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/14/12 09:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our daughter-parent was in a store with their small daughter in a cart, when the small daughter asked for something special she got it, then she kept asking again and again for something else, each time she received a "no", where upon small daughter started screaming. And where upon small daughter was picked up and taken out to the car, and home, minus checking out and receiving her special asked for item.

I was complaining one day about those carts left in the aisles of large stores, and our daughter told me that maybe one of those shopping carts left in the aisles was hers, but she only had to do it one time. That was when she told us the above story. We have one smart daughter-parent.

Full-Time RV'rs - Grandma, Grandpa, & Petunia, 8 yr old Chi
2008 Suburban / 30 ft. Alpenlite Travel Trailer

VOLUNTEERS - NPS, Oregon State Parks, USACE, Christian Retreat Centers, Local events, etc.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Why don't parents...
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS