|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> Opinnon's on Arzonia

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Vulcaneer

Central New Hampshire, Naples, FL

View Profile

Posted: 02/15/12 08:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You're driving from New York. Florida has the Atlantic or the Gulf. If you like that. AZ is mostly desert in the south. Mountains and cold in the north. But if I were going to go that far, I would go another 8 hours and end up on the west coast. Hard to beat Big Sur, or northern or southern California. But then, I'm a coastal kinda guy.

'12 F350 SB, CC, SRW, 6.7 PSD, 3.55 RAR, 6 spd auto
2011 Open Range 393RLS 14,250 GVWR
Pullrite Super Glide 18K

Retirement = It's all poops and giggles....UNTIL someone Giggles and Poops.

almcc

Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/15/12 09:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Arizona is a nice destination but this winter we found that Borrego Springs California was a bit warmer than the Tucson area, it's a short run north west of Yuma near the west side of the Salton Sea. Altitude is lower than the Tucson area, hence the warmer temperature

Earl E

Green Valley, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/15/12 10:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We like the Tucson area better than Phoenix because there are so many more outdoor activities that are very close--mountains, streams, beautiful Suguaro deserts, canyons, lakes. It does get cool at night and nice in the day. Jan-Feb can have a lot of 60 degree highs and 35-40 lows so certainly not near as warm as southern Florida. But the sun can't be beat and the almost always clear skys and low humidity are wonderful.

2007 Northwoods Arctic Fox 32 5S Fifth Wheel used for fulltiming for several years--SOLD
2011 Keystone 23rks Hideout to poke around the smaller parks in the great Southwest
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Diesel
Prodigy brake control

Supercharged

Az.

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/12 08:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Larry D wrote:

We have been staying i Florida for the last 4-years. Thinking about going to southern AZ. for next winter what is there to do there and is it cold at night?
If you think you want to come email me and I will see if we have any room left.

2005 Chev 5.3 Supercharged 395HP 425 T hp. Two wheels on front, 2 on back. one seat, tint windows. front and rear bumpers, headlights, windows. Door on each side. Heater, floor mats, 6 Reese candy bars, junk behind seats, some dirt. Pulls so hard.

hottubkid

SCHAUMBURG,IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/16/12 09:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We did Fl and don't want to do it again. Longer trip here but more fun and things to do. Also feel the people are frindler

hottubkid60193@yahoo.com
2004 SOUTHWIND 36E Tow 2003 CRV

BarbaraOK

On The Road

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/12 10:23am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

More things to do in Tucson than Phoenix - I think not.

Remember, the Phoenix area is now huge, better than 80 miles across, so there is something for everyone. And then there is SPRING TRAINING. Sorry Tucson.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006
Traveling catpanion Shadow (age 17)
Figment II (2002 Alpine 36 MDDS)
Mischief
(2004 Subaru Forester Toad)
FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761
Our Blog

BillK41

Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/12 09:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have wintered in FL, TX and Az, and think AZ is by far the best for us. The low humidity coupled with the sun shining bright and clear almost every day makes the difference.

roaminaround

Bend, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/20/12 07:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are in Parker on the Colorado River right now. This is our 3rd time here. Absolutely love it. 2 days of rain in the last month, only 1 during the day. Has been average 70-75 every day. $299 a month for full hook ups cable tv and electric included and we have a site right on the beach 15 feet from the water. I don't know how we could do better than that. The only down side is I have to go back to work in March.

2006 Nash 26X
2012 Ford F150 Ecoboost Max Trailer Tow Pkg.
2006 Fish Rite 18' Yamaha 115 and T8

Iceman567

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/22/12 07:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We spent the winter in the 'valley', Harlingen,TX specifically. The heating costs here have been minimal. $50 was the most we spent for electricity for one month and no more then that for LP the whole winter.

I have been following the posts on the forum with regards to AZ. When we decided to head south for the winter one main reason was to have little or no heating/cooling costs. With the cool AZ nights, what are some of the heating costs, elect/LP ? We have a 32' MH and try to be fairly conservative.

2014 Itasca Viva
Viva-Trend Yahoo Group

agatethompson

3333 Lee Parkway, Suite 600

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/12 05:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Arizona is a nice destination but this winter we found that Borrego Springs California was a bit warmer than the Tucson area, it's a short run north west of Yuma near the west side of the Salton Sea. Altitude is lower than the Tucson area, hence the warmer temperature

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> Opinnon's on Arzonia
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS