|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Jumping into a class A

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
timmac

Las Vegas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/16/12 11:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I saw one at a RV show here in Vegas, I like the storage in steps and the built in dog bowl drawer and the window for the dog, its a dog rv dream and not a bad setup for the humans to..

Valkyriebush

Yuma, Az/Chimacum, Wa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/17/12 09:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very nice floor plan in that size. What? A doggie service setting??? Cool! Enjoy.

Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800

tjholyoke

Maine

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/12 05:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the nice welcome! We pick it up next Thursday, and are looking forward to driving it home. Those of you with the new 29.2's, congratulations and enjoy. We almost went with that model, but opted for the extra exterior storage in the 29.1. For us that was more important than the kitchen layout. (Although I wish we could have had both) We are not dog owners, so will take out the food tray in the shower drawer, but that is really thoughtful as an addition for all those that may need it. Not sure what to expect in regards to checking out all the systems since it is winter. Any words of advice on that? Should we run all the water systems and then winterize? Or what do you think the dealer will do? I guess I should probably ask that before next Thursday!

tjholyoke

Maine

View Profile

Posted: 03/02/12 08:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

More To See wrote:

It would be great if you could post some first impressions after heading out on a couple trips. So many people wonder about whether to go "A" or "C" that your fresh insight might be interesting to all of us. No matter what you are driving, though, ain't it great just to be out there.

First impressions: While it isn't really camping yet, we did make the 411 mile journey from the dealership to home. LOVE it!! I will say the view from the passenger seat is a bit of an eye opener I am sure I will get used to that. Can't believe how much more space it seems to have. We went from 24.5 feet to about 29.5 feet. But, it feels way bigger as we don't have to count all that space wasted by the engine and hood of the class C. Now it is usable space! It was funny to watch DH try to exit via the nonexistant driver's side door when we would stop. We have it registered, made an appointment to get the inspection done Monday, and are ready to get the tow wiring all set. I have the dishes all transferred to the cupboards, and we have a rough draft in our heads of where we will store all of our "stuff". Now if the snow would melt...

J-Rooster

Port Orchard, Wa. / Lake Havasu City, Az.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/02/12 10:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Congrats on your new coach! Thor makes good coaches! Hope to see you in Arizona for the winter of 2012

jimroach

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/03/12 10:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Am looking at the 29.2 as a move up from our TT. We looked at one at RV City, AZ, and he had side and back camera's added, which I really fell in love with. How do you like how it handles on the road, I didn't get a chance to test drive one.

My only concern is clothing storage space, we like to have a little dress clothes, just in case of something special comes up. I know MH magazine did a write up comparing 12 class A's under $100 K, so downloading that to compare some models.

Jim, Bonnie,
2012 VW Beetle
2012 Fleetwood Southwind

tjholyoke

Maine

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/12 06:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We felt it handled very well on the road. It didn't feel top heavy as we thought it might. It had less side sway than we were afraid of as well. (We are coming from a C to an A) For us, the extra length we had didn't feel as different as we thought it might. Overall, very happy with the ride. We loved the camera system, too! We don't have the side cameras, but the back one has a great field of view. We wondered about hanging clothing space as well, but decided it had so much storage in other places that we would be able to take the clothing we didn't wear often and store it in a plastic tub to be accessed as needed. There is plenty of room to pack the iron! (yuck) The 29.2 didn't have quite as much outside storage as the 29.1, but still had a fair amount. Good luck with your decision!

mwebber78

New England

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/04/12 06:23am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tjholyoke wrote:

More To See wrote:

It would be great if you could post some first impressions after heading out on a couple trips. So many people wonder about whether to go "A" or "C" that your fresh insight might be interesting to all of us. No matter what you are driving, though, ain't it great just to be out there.

First impressions: While it isn't really camping yet, we did make the 411 mile journey from the dealership to home. LOVE it!! I will say the view from the passenger seat is a bit of an eye opener I am sure I will get used to that. Can't believe how much more space it seems to have. We went from 24.5 feet to about 29.5 feet. But, it feels way bigger as we don't have to count all that space wasted by the engine and hood of the class C. Now it is usable space! It was funny to watch DH try to exit via the nonexistant driver's side door when we would stop. We have it registered, made an appointment to get the inspection done Monday, and are ready to get the tow wiring all set. I have the dishes all transferred to the cupboards, and we have a rough draft in our heads of where we will store all of our "stuff". Now if the snow would melt...

Congrats! See you around Maine!

2013 Jayco Eagle 334RBTS
Disclaimer for the daft: Don't confuse my opinion with facts.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Jumping into a class A
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS