RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Chrysler quality & customer satisfaction

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Chrysler quality & customer satisfaction

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
The Texan

Wellton, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/12 07:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Did anyone else see the results yesterday of where all the auto lines fell in quality & customer satisfaction? I could not believe that all 4 lines of Chrysler were at the very bottom of the report, numbers 36 through 39. I had hoped the "new" Chrysler would improve their quality and image, but I guess I was hoping for to much. Yes folks, the beloved Jeep was at the bottom of the list.

Bob & Betsy(FishNFanatic) - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"
'05 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, 400 Cummins-Pulling our '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/ the Rzr or ACE or a Quad riding in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

paulcardoza

Southeastern Massachusetts

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/12 08:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I can't imagine anyone being surprised....... HOWEVER, our 2011 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara has been trouble free for almost a year now, barring the 3 recalls!

Paul & Sandra
New Bedford, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King

Redcatcher70

Beebe, AR

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/12 08:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No one polled us. We own a 2009 Dodge Caliber with 50,000 miles, and no problems what so ever. Maybe we were one of the lucky ones that got a good Dodge. I have never been a Goathead, but my wife is, so that is why we own one......

Dave & Pat
1999 Wanderer 230FB
2004 F250, XLT Crew Cab, V10, finally, enough power!
"No kids, no pets, trying to make it to retirement"

d3500ram

colorado

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/12 08:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Regardless if the DC products are inferior or not... but could it be bad PR and public perception? Remember the news reports of union workers drinking alcohol and smoking pot on their breaks? Perhaps those surveyed in this poll do and it is affecting this results.

travelnutz

West Michigan - On the Lakeshore

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/12 09:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is anyone with common sense really surprised? Been a constant outcome for having needed much higher than average repairs and continous quality issues for well over 60 years now and it just goes on regardles of the continous loyalists hype and psycoblabber that's been posted on this forum since the forum's beginning. The repeating issue numbers from all respectable reporting venues do NOT lie, they're factual and are in print! That's why it's really the BIG 2 and the taildragger that's being pulled along. Those same 60+ years of the annual sales numbers sure does tell the story well as if they were so good a vehicle, they'd sell so many more however, the vast majority of the buying consumers knows and shows with where they spend their purchasing dollars. Some will see my post as a slam for Chrysler vehicles (which it is not) because the TRUTH really offends them and they simply can't deal with it for various reasons!

A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

tvman44

Southwest Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/12 11:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No surprise!

Papa Bob
1* DW "Granny"
1* 2008 Brookside by Sunnybrook 32'
1* 2002 F250 Super Duty 7.3L PSD
Husky 16K hitch, Tekonsha P3,
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs, Trailair Equa-Flex, Champion C46540
"A bad day camping is better than a good day at work!"

chuckster11

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/12 12:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I certainly believe the statistics are correct but from an anecdotal point of view, our Grand Cherokee has been bulletproof for us as a family car. We haven't really put it thru any offroad use tho--just normal usage.

houtrz

Lake Jackson Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/16/12 06:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 2008 Chrysler Town and Country van and with the trouble I have had with it I'm not the least bit surprised. I have vowed to never own another Chrysler product as long as I live

Don/Shar

Sioux Falls, SD/ Lebanon, Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/12 06:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had a 97 Dodge Dakota with 200,000 miles before giving it to my son with no peoblems, it now has over 300,000. We have a 2004 Jeep Rubicon with 143,000 never a problem.

Don / Sharon Smith
8th year fulltiming
1 high school sweetheart bride of 52 yrs. Sharon
1 long haired mini dauchound...Jake
1997 Beaver Patriot DP
2004 Jeep Rubicon
http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u189/smithster_photos/

doublenot7

Clear Lake, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/12 10:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No surprise at all! I've owned Chrysler and would never own one again. I've had 2 Jeeps and still have one and those have been pretty easy to own. I git a laugh when I heard Ram trucks were way down on the list too, I bet the Ram fan boys are going bezerk.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Chrysler quality & customer satisfaction
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS