35% Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide is approved for use in the food industry as a nontoxic disinfectant. Added to water, it is sprayed on cheese,eggs,vegetables, fruits and whey products to keep them freeof unwanted bacteria. It is also used to disinfect aseptic food containers (milk and juice boxes). It is also an ingredient incontact lens cleaners, eye drops, aloe vera extracts, mouthwashes and tooth-whitening products.
In addition, food grade hydrogen peroxide is used in the dairy industry as a disinfectant and bactericide. Luckily, the FDA is unlikely to remove hydrogen peroxide from the marketplace because,without it, the agriculture and food processing industries would pretty much come to a standstill.
If you Google food grade hydrgoen peroxide, you will see that there are devotees that swear fo' God that it cures all kinds of ailments up to cancer.
But it is a powerful oxidizer and must be handled and stored very carefully. It's corrosive to eyes, nose, throat and lungs. It may cause irreversible tissue damage to the eyes including blindness.
Unless you are comfortable with chemical handling, it's best that you use the chlorine. Cheaper, easier, safer, less headaches.
Mary, the world's best wife (1951-2009) R.I.P
Lizzy (a Boston)
Izzy, Pepper & BuddyP - Gone but not forgotten
2005 Itasca Suncruiser 35A
Dear McDonald's, Thank you for not selling hot dogs. I don't think I could order a McWiener and keep a straight face.
we used 50% Peroxide at paper mill in bleaching process. we had to wear glasses because it will blind with no fixing damage. and it does burn although-you could dip your hand in it and probably die from pain but it's from evaporation as it will leave NO scars. it will turn your hand bleach white for as long as it takes to evaporate and will leave no pain. 50% was kept in a polished aluminum tank. polished on inside by people that do it for a living around the country. any small scratch inside was a potential disaster as peroxide would begin to nibble away at scratch until there was a hole. you don't want to let that happen!!
2003 Gulfstream Ultra Supreme Ford V10 2004 Jeep Liberty, Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
Online with Inspiron
A member of http://www.gsowners.com
You use the drug store type. Its low, on the bleach side of things, Its the stuff you use to disinfect your mouth with after your visit to the Dentist. Its not going to hurt you and if you use 1/2 of the bottle, 4 Oz, to the 50 plus gallons of water your not going to know its even there. the story I got was you did not have to drain the tank after you put it in to sanitize. To each his own.
95 Dodge CC #5 TST plate Flame Red/Silver
not totaly stock
Tag Ma-haul has been suggested for a name but now The Shoe box