|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> 5er to a C

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Winnipeg

Los Angeles

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 10:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We opted out of hydraulic levelers we we bought ours due to the cost, about $5k extra. I have regretted that every time we park. We have built some very efficient wooden ramps that make leveling pretty easy, but it is still a pain. The biggest thing for us is when we arrive, we are tired and the dogs want out. Messing around with leveling is the last thing we want to do.

ron.dittmer

Northern Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/12 10:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Winnipeg wrote:

We opted out of hydraulic levelers we we bought ours due to the cost, about $5k extra. I have regretted that every time we park. We have built some very efficient wooden ramps that make leveling pretty easy, but it is still a pain.
I read these types of responses on occasion.

I don't understand what prevents people from taking their rig (new, used, or well used) to the companies that install these for the motor home manufactures? They are installed post-build anyway.

If you are ordering a new rig but question if auto-levelers are worth the expense, I say, don't get them. If you later change your mind, then get them installed. The same if buying a used rig.

It's NOT like buying a new car with roll-up windows, later changing to power windows. It's MORE like buying a new car without a rear hitch. Just get one installed post-purchase.

I do understand that some people don't live near such companies, but then could incorporate such a visit into your next vacation.

* This post was edited 02/27/12 01:32pm by ron.dittmer *

2007 Phoenix Cruiser model 2350, with 2006 Jeep Liberty in-tow

hotbyte

Barnesville GA

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/12 11:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ron.dittmer wrote:

..I don't understand what prevents people from taking their rig (new, used, or well used) to the companies that install these for the motor home manufactures? They are installed post-build anyway.

Understand and agree with you but two things possible issues pop into my mind on this...
1 - missed out on large discount if bought/installed when new
2 - missed out on opportunity to roll cost of purchase/installation into financing

Our Web Albums Temporary Web Albums
2006 Yellowstone SE, 1998 Dodge Durango SLT 5.2L and 2011 Tidewater 1900 Bay Max

ron.dittmer

Northern Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/12 01:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

hotbyte wrote:

ron.dittmer wrote:

..I don't understand what prevents people from taking their rig (new, used, or well used) to the companies that install these for the motor home manufactures? They are installed post-build anyway.

Understand and agree with you but two things possible issues pop into my mind on this...
1 - missed out on large discount if bought/installed when new
2 - missed out on opportunity to roll cost of purchase/installation into financing
Good points.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> 5er to a C
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS