|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> 5er to a C

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
LQuig

Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/17/12 05:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thought question was perfectly clear. He will level with with the blocks,which doesn't stabilize, then asks if he will need stabilizing jacks to stabilize. We use both for extended stays,.

PhilR.

Central Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/17/12 06:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lcruzen wrote:

Let me clarify then. I plan to use lego blocks to level since I'm used to doing it that way. My question is do most folks use stabilizing jacks or just not bother with them? Is that better?

Thank you for clarifying. I just wanted to make sure that you knew there is a difference between the two types of jacks.

We have only been RV'ing for five years, but in that time I have not ever seen someone using plain stabilizer jacks under a C. I thought that when we purchased our C, that we might need them. We have since found out that we do not need them, and we are glad that we did not waste the money or the storage space.

The above is not meant to say that *no* person needs or uses them, but I would say not to purchase them immediately, but instead try out the C you get for a night or two before you make that decision.

lcruzen

Hell, Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/12 07:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanx to all for the responses! Stayed tuned for more questions(I promise it won't be gas or diesel)!

The Cruzen Hotel

CB Channel 13

Hell, Michigan

hotbyte

Barnesville GA

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/12 08:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lcruzen wrote:

...(I promise it won't be gas or diesel)!

How about...
Slide topper or no slide topper?
Propane on or off while traveling?
Moving around or seat belted while moving?

We miss many aspects of our 5'er but the positives of the class C are well worth what we gave up. If you do change to a C, hope you get lots of enjoyment from it!!!

Our Web Albums Temporary Web Albums
2006 Yellowstone SE, 1998 Dodge Durango SLT 5.2L and 2011 Tidewater 1900 Bay Max

lcruzen

Hell, Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/12 09:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

hotbyte wrote:

lcruzen wrote:

...(I promise it won't be gas or diesel)!

How about...
Slide topper or no slide topper?
Propane on or off while traveling?
Moving around or seat belted while moving?

We miss many aspects of our 5'er but the positives of the class C are well worth what we gave up. If you do change to a C, hope you get lots of enjoyment from it!!!

I know there will be a few down sides but a C is the only way I'll consider continuing the RV lifestyle. If and when we do pull the trigger I have no doubt it will be right for us.

I promise not to ask any of the questions you supplied either!
My opinions on them are cemented and irrelevant to anyone else.

magnusfide

On the Road Again and Again and Again...

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/12 09:24am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lcruzen wrote:

I know there will be a few down sides but a C is the only way I'll consider continuing the RV lifestyle. If and when we do pull the trigger I have no doubt it will be right for us.

I thought your original question was perfectly understandable. We look forward to helping with any more questions from you. We appreciate the sharing of your rv "journey" with us.

Now, I think I'll go buy a lottery ticket to see if I can get that Jayco

First law of science: don't spit into the wind.
Keep on rollin'!
Magnus

demoon

MA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/17/12 09:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had stabilizing jacks on my C and they were just a nuisance. Even using a chuck in a power drill to drop them, the result was just not worth it. That being said, I did have HWH levelers installed and I would never go back to legos, boards,or trying to jockey around a site to get level. IMHO only.

suffolklou

Vidalia GA

View Profile

Posted: 02/20/12 09:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have Big Foot levelers on my C. I love them. I had the scissor jacks before, still have them in the front in fact. I used a drill on them, it was convenient and easy. The stability from the levelers is unparalleled. They are automatic, mash a button and they work! The RV moves less when people move inside, and the chassis is straight, so the door is not skewed. I still carry linx leveler blocks because if I get a really uneven site, I dont want the wheels off of the ground.

2007 Jayco Greyhawk 31SS

Pops

Boone, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/20/12 06:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

x2 with demoon and suffolklow......I had HWH installed after I purchased my "C" and went camping twice. DW was more happy for me than I next time we went camping...The older you get, the more you, not appreciate them, but need them.

2007 Winnebago Aspect 26A

ron.dittmer

Northern Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 02/20/12 06:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My input on motor home stabilization and leveling.

Our smaller 24 foot rig equipped with heavy duty stabilizer/anti-sway bars both front and rear installed for improved drivability, we also benefit while parked. We don't require further stabilization. If your new rig handles poorly, get the bars installed and benefit in multiple ways.

I agree with many here that most camp grounds require little or no leveling. If leveling is needed, then the Lynx Levelers come out.

One thing about stabilization jacks (and leveling jacks too) is that you can easily add them at any time. They are installed post-assembly after the motor home is completed, so no worry about retrofitting. They are retrofitted regardless. Many motor home manufactures drive fully completed rigs to the shop down the street to get the leveling jacks installed.

I advise to first do without them and see how it goes.

2007 Phoenix Cruiser model 2350, with 2006 Jeep Liberty in-tow

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> 5er to a C
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS