|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> NADA Value

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
maeglena

Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/12 02:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am trying to sell my 2001 Trail Lite by R Vision 22 ft B+ motorhome. I thought I was priced right but I have now had several "lookers" that tell me I'm too high because of NADA value. I'm asking $17,000. and NADA is showing $16,350. How close to NADA should I be? Does anyone selling sell at NADA value? I looked at 2001 and 2002 for sale and thought $17000. seemed right but am now questioning myself. What should I use to determine value?

mikeleblanc413

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/12 02:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When we were looking, I found prices all over the map. May have even posted a question or two at this forum regarding such. When we found our Winnie...the price was well above the high end...after some negotiation he agreed to sell at exactly the high end of NADA. I would think that too high of an asking price might scare off some...just as too low of a price. Somehow you've got to hit that happy medium. What moved me forward in this negotiation was the coach's condition and the openness of the owner. It definitely is a buyers market. You have to have the photos and description that invites further inspection. I'm thinking if the lookers are serious, they'll come to you with an offer. Our unit was priced 7,000 above high end when we started...Best of luck!

We live in East Texas...the unit was purchased in Phoenix, Arizona.

Mike LeBlanc
Retired Photographer, Art Educator
Travel with "Baby Girl" (Catahoula Mix)
Texas

bgum

South Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/12 03:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I recently traded in two automobiles and neither brought NADA trade in values. NADA was high in both cases.

Sandia Man

Rio Rancho, NM

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/12 03:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NADA wholesale or lowest retail would be more accurate in today's current market. We all want to believe our rigs are worth more but I always found NADA pricing unrealistically high, especially when adding in all the options. You might get lucky, but in this economy many are doing lots of research prior to shopping and have a good idea of how much a rig is worth. Input the year, brand, and model number of your rig into google search to see current pricing across the country. Good Luck!!!

retired4fun2002

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/12 03:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You can ask for what you believe it is worth, etc., but it is the buyer who will determine the value by the price he is willing to pay. I think most RV buyers are pretty well informed about the going price, its opitions, etc. - and you have the right to stay the course with your price. Safe travels.

docj

Fulltime--Home is where we park it

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/16/12 04:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

maeglena wrote:

I am trying to sell my 2001 Trail Lite by R Vision 22 ft B+ motorhome. I thought I was priced right but I have now had several "lookers" that tell me I'm too high because of NADA value. I'm asking $17,000. and NADA is showing $16,350.

I'm not sure where you're getting your NADA information. I see an average retail of $10,490 and a low retail of $8,710 for the 22' 2001 models. I assume you realize that accessories are not to be added to NADA prices unless the item truly was an extra-cost option. Typically, options for vehicles as old as yours don't add much value anyway.

Here's the link to where I'm looking: NADA R-Vision Trail-lite

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/braking system
WiFiRanger Ambassador/RVParkReviews administrator
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

oldtrucker63

Harlan Kentucky

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/12 07:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mark your price and stick with that, Someone will come along and fall in love and the rig will be in a new home,.... If I sold my RV at NADA someone would get one heck of a deal, I took my car to the shop and the man there said it would cost more to fix it than it was worth, And I only wanted an Oil Change.....LOL

Without Trucks,....America Stop's

timwood

Oxford, Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/12 09:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had to laugh when I read this....
What do you expect buyers to tell you? That your price is too low? LOL!

rfryer

Phoenix

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/17/12 12:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Docj’s right about adding costs for accessories. That’s also true with the KBB. The trick is determining what was standard and what was an option, not always an easy task. I’ve heard comments that NADA is overly high and others that it’s low and I have no idea. I use both the KBB and NADA but I also research what the same units are selling for and put more stock in that figure. If there are no units like mine I try to find some that are similar. Then it’s just a judgment call as what someone might pay for it based on it's condition.

sch911

Rochester Hills, MI

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/12 05:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well now you know you're high. So, it really comes down to how bad you want to sell it. Drop the price until it sells if you're serious....

OEM Auto Engineer
2003 Damon Challenger 348 Class A - F53 Triton V10
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 V8 Toad

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> NADA Value
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts