RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: What is your favorite "rear living" trailer

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> What is your favorite "rear living" trailer

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next
Sponsored By:
wolfcat1

Vidor, Tx.

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/12 06:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a Puma 25RS and like it a lot, however, there is just not enough floor space for our dogs to stretch out, and us to still move around... My next trailer will have a big bay window in the back as we have now, two recliners/easy chairs as well..no couch. Want something in the 30 Foot range, more or less, not counting hitch...and a large slide out, for even more floor space, trailer queen bed with night stands on BOTH sides...Have a 1/2 ton truck now, but will be moving up to a 3/4 ton diesel soon. No fiver in my future, do not want one...
Any suggestions guys for a suitable replacement?
thanks for your help,
Wolfie

old guy

Oregon (pronounced Or e gun)

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/12 07:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am looking also for a rear living and I found one that has plenty of leg room for the two of us and two dogs. I do not want a 5'er either. I do not like the fact the bath room is split in two or have to go through the bathroom to get to the bedroom. and I would have to pay another 2K for a 5'er hitch. I am set up for a bumper tow and I got to looking around, and found the cougar high country 321 RES. triple slide and tow able with a 1/2 ton. I have a 3/4 ton and I am sure I can pull this monster. If you go to KeystoneRV.com and look at the high country floor plans, and click on the camera, you will see several pictures of this unit. We have looked at one about two weeks ago and this weekend they are having a RV show in Pasco WA so we are going back to look again. Price is high, almost 40k at some dealers and even more at others. My local dealer is giving me a super deal and I am going to jump at it. any way, this is the one I have decided on and if you like it go for it.

Artemus Gordon

Redding California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/16/12 07:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dutchmen and Komfort have several quality models with large rear windows. We love our floor plan and like the large living area.

ArcticDodge

Sammamish, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/12 07:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Black Stone by Outdoors RV

This one seems to meet your requirements. Wife and I went to the Seattle RV show and the Black Stone was the one newer TT that peaked our attention. It's a higher end unit. Might have even pursued buying one but I want a smaller TT than they offer. It's a fairly new line and might be hard to find one to look at.
Outdoors RV is the little brother company to Northwoods (Arctic Fox).

* This post was edited 02/16/12 07:28pm by ArcticDodge *

2009 Komfort 256TS
2001 Dodge Ram 3500 QC 4x4 Cummins DRW
2005 Dodge Durango Limited AWD HEMI
2006 Dodge Charger R/T HEMI
2001 Sebring Convertible
1995 Miata M-Edition
1 Wife 2 Boys UW & Bellevue College
1 Trixie (Bichon Frise)
Only 21 years to retirement!!!!

JBarca

Dublin, Ohio, USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/12 07:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So the question was

Quote:

What is your favorite "rear living" trailer?

Actually ours.

The Rear Living campers are really nice with the big window in the back. However they do have a common attribute between brands, high tongue weight when loaded. Those pretty swivel rockers in the back do not do much to offset the tongue weight. Just make sure you have a good truck to hold up the tongue weight.

John

John & Cindy

2005 Ford F350 Super Duty, 4x4; 6.8L V10 with 4.10
CC, SB, Lariat & FX4 package
21,000 GCWR, 11,000 GVWR
Ford Tow Command
1,700# Reese HP hitch & HP Dual Cam
2 1/2" Towbeast Receiver

2004 Sunline Solaris T310SR
(I wish we were camping!)

worldfamuspat

Las Vegas

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/12 08:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Take a look at the Heartland Prowler. We purchased the 2011 28P RLS. Fiber glass sides. Rear living room with the large rear window and two swivel rockers. It has a large slide in the living room for the sofa and dinette and a slide out rear bumper for holding bikes, generator, etc. It's just me the wife and dog and we love it. It' like Goldilocks said "Not too big, Not too small...Just right. We pull it with a F250 diesel.

gregrc75

New Bedford, Massachusetts

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/16/12 08:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I looked at many RL floorplans when shopping this summer. I ended up deciding on the Keystone Bullet Premier 28RLPR. I found this to be probably the lightest RL floorplan for its size. It is approx 5900 lbs dry with a hitch of 675lbs. It has all that you stated you wanted. 2 rocker chairs on back wall against the large window, sofa and dinette in the slide, queen bed with night stand and laundry chute each side, non-walk thru bathroom with glass shower. An added bonus across from the bathroom is a "dream locker." It is a bench with some cabinets and hooks above it to hang jackets or leashes etc. The length is approx 30' not including the hitch.

* This post was edited 02/16/12 08:48pm by gregrc75 *

Greg and J
Sam - the Golden Retriever. Ben - the Yellow Lab
2011 Keystone Bullet Premier 28RLPR
2012 Nissan Titan SL CC

Fabguy

Auburn, Washigton

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/12 08:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We still love our Sprinter BUT I have also been looking at the Cougar 321 RES.... HERE.

No way in hell you can tow that with a 1/2 ton truck though... I'm a bit concerned of my 2500HD's ability to haul it around these parts!

Jeff

2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD 8.1/Allison/4:10/Prodigy brake controler/Dual Cam HP

Pulling a 2004 Sprinter 274 RLS

fla-gypsy

North Florida

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/12 09:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My Hornet 29 RLS has served me well

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

RVcrazy

Puyallup, WA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/12 09:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The new Arctic Fox 25Y is really nice and might meet your needs. It is really almost 30' long.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> What is your favorite "rear living" trailer
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS