|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> 99 Lance 820 ready for the Dump

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
the tc life

colbert wa.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/17/12 01:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JumboJet wrote:

DSeckt wrote:

Geeze there's a lot of advice on here... Please don't blame Jim for taking advantage of my situation.. Jims a friend... and if he can fix it up for his son...the money means very little to me.. I would never try and sell something that I know has this type of problems... Following that rule..I sleep very well at night.

Thanks Dan and God bless you all.

very happy that it has worked out for both of you.
i know jim to be a great guy and hope very much to cross paths with him again.
dan i wish you the very best too!

rich

2010 adventurer 810ws
1999 c3500 dually 12' flatbed

THE TC LIFE

BeatCJ

Amboy, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/12 01:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree, glad it worked out. Sorry about the Lance. I typed and deleted 3 posts before this.

Typed and deleted two more paragraphs. So much negativity!

Gordon
1987 F-350 XLT Lariat SRW 6.9
1986 Western Wilderness Alpine Dinette 11

travelnutz

West Michigan - On the Lakeshore

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/12 03:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jumbo, not beating you up at all as you were the one posting costs that someone who repairs then nearly every week due to leaks or accidental damage and knows what the real materials cost is. The Lance is less than 96" wide! He said the exterior cover needed comes rolled up and in an 8' long cardboard box. Shipping is usually $43 to $58 according to him if the local area supply warehouse doesn't have what he wants in stock. He does not have roll stock in house due to the various colors and tints needed for the different RVs.

Glad it worked out between you and Dan. I personally would have given a fair market price for his camper if I wanted it but I already have an excellent one. I would never take advantage of another person ever and I'm not saying you did either at all as that's between you and Dan. Hope your Son get much enjoyment from the camper.

I'm confused as to why you had to purchase "tools". Only normal home workshop tools are usually needed to do the job but maybe you didn't have them?

A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

noxinnhoj

vancouver

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/12 04:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wow,this post seemed to go off topic,just hope the op is doing well...

1995 silverado dually,2005 lance 915 lite

Bigfootchevy

Bancroft, Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/17/12 05:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry to hear of your problem, but I agree someone will be willing to buy the camper from you. Best of Luck.

Paul

Spott

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/12 05:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dan, sorry to hear about the heart attack, now I know why we haven't seen you camping. (we've missed you)
Too bad about the camper but do what needs done for your health.
Hope to see you on the road again,

Bruce (Spott)

Me - Kim - Spot
2006 F-350 4x4 DRW V10 - 2005 Northern Lite 10-2000CD

What's behind the name? Screen name that is.

GMCPU53

New Hampshire

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/17/12 05:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dan, sorry to hear about your heart attack and wish you continued improving health.

Sorry you planned to finally get away only to find the damage. Hang in there, stay positive and look forward to possibly replacing that rig in the near future with another

Joe

* This post was edited 02/22/12 05:20pm by GMCPU53 *

2011 Silverado 3500HD LT4x4 Ext.Cab L/B SRW
2008 S&S Montana Ponderosa 8.5 FBSC

nycsteve

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/18/12 05:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jetenbu wrote:

JumboJet wrote:

I sent a PM. I rebuilt a 99 1030 and would be happy to take it off your hands if no one else calls for it first.

I would hope that you would pay him a fair price for it rather than just take it for free. This poor guy has had a really bad 2 years just trying to stay alive. Please do not add insult to injury just because he seems to be in a position that you can. We all on here are a great group of campers that don't want to intentionally take advantage of one another.

I for one would be interested in feedback from the OP that he got what he feels is a fair price for it and DID NOT just have to GIVE IT AWAY.

Don't you all agree?

First off, I wish the best to the OP (Dan?). Hopefully your health issues eventually a put behind you and you feel up enough to re-enter the camping world.
Second, a comment on jetenbu's post. Are your seriously suggesting that the OP submit the details of his transaction with jumbo to the open forum for your and others approval?? That's incredably pushy and intrusive. After you submit your 2012 tax return to the forum for approval, the jumbo and Dan can submit the details of thier privite ,personal transaction. Sorry, jetenbu, thats a bit of a harsh remark, but it is a valid analogy.
I got rid of 2 20 foot boats in the last 10 years. Both had life and both usable parts and working engines. One had a trailer. In both cases I had enough and wanted a quick out and not to wait to sell.I prefered they went to someone with a use for them as opposed to the total waste of ending up at the dump. I found such parties both times and it was mutually advantagous, they took my unwanted and bulky discard off my hands for me, for them, parts or a project. Win/win.

cdl2

ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/18/12 05:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey!!!! So did you sell your coach????
What's next?

DSeckt

Cedar Point , Northern Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/12 05:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey Chuck
Cindy and I have been down looking at places in Galveston.. Some place to kick back during the winter.. I feel gr8 and life is good...

06 Ford F350 Dually/ Crew/ PS / SB
Lance 820.......

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> 99 Lance 820 ready for the Dump
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: