|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Any comments on FunFinder X189 or Spree Escape E170S

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
retiredtraveler

Woodstock Il --- GO HIKING!!!!

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/12 08:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have another posting concerning a GulfStream model I'm interested in. I also have interest in 3 other, smaller TT's.
Cruiser RV X189FDS
KZ Spree Escape E170S
Lance 1575 (already discussed on another thread).

Again, any comments on these manufacturers or specific models? These are all 20 foot or less models with slideouts weighing under 3000 lbs dry. If any other suggestions, would like to hear them. I am most interested in these small trailers with a slide out that adds some more weight, but greatly adds to the room.

Thanks.

Pup: 2007 Jayco 1206 w/slide-out + shower
surge brakes, 54w solar panel
TV: 2005 Nissan Xterra 4X4, manual trans
25 years tent camping, 4000+ miles of hiking, lots of biking

RWDIII

ariz

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/12 03:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I wasnt going to answer because I have the FF189 FBR model.But I have camped with a friend that has the 189 slideout model.HE likes it,but has redone alot of features to his liking.The 210 model is what I would get because of the layout and the bed is walk around and the 189 bed is a pain for 2 people.
however I noticed your small truck and even with the lite wieght,you have a lot of front and side area that will drag you down.My friend started with a v8 eplorer and last time I saw him he had a new F150 w tow package.He said it was like night an day in handling.I went from a Toyota Tacoma to a F150.
Randy
Semper Fi

2006 F150 4wd 7200gvw,Lt275-65-18,Scan Guage,Garmin,flowmaster,load levelers,Firestone work rites, sat radio 50s on 5
2013 Bronco 800
1200/1500 champion
Mostly Boondock

retiredtraveler

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/12 05:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ADK Camper wrote:

We have the Fun Finder 210 WBS, and we like it very much.

That model is a bit longer, and heavier, than I want to tow. Are you happy with overall fit-and-finish (I would assume so)?

retiredtraveler

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/12 05:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RWDIII wrote:

I noticed your small truck and even with the lite wieght,you have a lot of front and side area that will drag you down.

Yes. I do have that concern. I will be getting a Nissan Frontier, but that still have the same hp and torque as I have now. I can't justify the $10,000+ additional cost to get an F150 simply to have a larger TT.
That's why that Lance 1575 looks so good --- same size as X189FDS but 500 pounds lighter. Spree is about 200 lbs lighter. I'm also looking at Gulfstream 17RWD --- about 500 pounds lighter but no slide.

I like the layout of the FunFinder though. But yes, they're heavier than other brands in similar size.

rexlion

Broken Arrow OK

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/12 07:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My KZ is only a year old, so no big problems. But the wood-look finish is peeling on one little panel (at the end of the 'sofa') and I need to glue it back on; also one window valance (if that's the right word) came off, 1/2" long screws didn't hold it. If you want something long term, I'd say you get what you pay for... and I know I didn't pay much.

Mike G.
2008 Toyota Highlander
sold trailer, shopping for another

ADK Camper

New york

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/12 04:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have the Fun Finder 210 WBS, and we like it very much. If you can safely tow it, I recommend that you consider it. It's a very convenient floorplan for two with lots of space when the slide is extended plus lots of storage. As mentioned in an earlier post, it has a walk-around bed. That feature alone makes it worth considering IMHO.

retiredtraveler

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/12 07:23am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rexlion wrote:

If you want something long term, I'd say you get what you pay for... and I know I didn't pay much.

Well, many, if not the majority, on these forums know that RV's, regardless of cost, are not made well. How good/bad is always a lively discussion. I have spoken to high-end RV owners about the lack of quality in their units. Even a $75,000 fifth wheel will have day-one leaks, cosmetic errors, ill-fitting components, etc. Some of that is manufacturer, some dealer.
Anyway, does your unit tow pretty well? It looks like a nice unit from the pics I have seen.

facory

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/18/12 02:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've had our FunFinder Xtra Toy Hauler since Nov. 2007. It's a 2008 model. We go everywhere with it. Used to haul the Harley but have sold that and use it solely as a travel trailer. Just the right size for the two of us and our dog. I have always be impressed with the quality construction and top end appliances. Tows easily with only sway control and we can park it virtually anywhere. Just don't think you can go wrong with anything built by Cruiser RV. They are great trailers.

2008 Cruiser RV Fun FinderXtra
Ford F150 Lariat 4x4 SuperCrew 5.4L 6.5' Bed 150" WB 3.73
Schwinn Mountain Bike

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Any comments on FunFinder X189 or Spree Escape E170S
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS