RV.Net Open Roads Forum: RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions: Glennie Michigan Camping

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Glennie Michigan Camping

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
surgtech56

michigan

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/12 05:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I heard that there is a great place to camp in Glennie Michigan, sites have view of the lake. Does anyone know if this is Alcona Campground? We've never camped at a private campground. Any pros and cons of this park? Thank you

Matt_Colie

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/12 08:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

surgtech56 wrote:

I heard that there is a great place to camp in Glennie Michigan, sites have view of the lake. Does anyone know if this is Alcona Campground? We've never camped at a private campground. Any pros and cons of this park? Thank you

It can't be Glennie, Glennie is a dozen or so miles west of Harrisville. (Ports I know)
Do you know about this:Campground finder
Push comes to shove, get the Lat/long from Street Atlas and look at it from Google Earth.
You say view of the Lake. Do you mean THE Lake as in Huron??
Or just a lake or pond?
I have been by there, but never stopped.

Matt

Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dog going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

MichDoc

Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/18/12 08:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, the park is Alcona Park, a county facility, and YES, it has views of the "lake". It's not Lake Huron, however, but is actually a lake formed behind the Alcona Dam on the Au Sable River.
There are limited full hook-up sites, but lots of electric and water sites. It's a very nice park, in a nice area of Michigan. I think you would enjoy it. They have a website which is www.alconapark.com.

langenc

Montmorency Co, MI

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 09:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MichDoc wrote:

Yes, the park is Alcona Park, a county facility, and YES, it has views of the "lake". It's not Lake Huron, however, but is actually a lake formed behind the Alcona Dam on the Au Sable River.
There are limited full hook-up sites, but lots of electric and water sites. It's a very nice park, in a nice area of Michigan. I think you would enjoy it. They have a website which is www.alconapark.com.

As Doc said.

Some fishing, better w/ boat. Plenty of room but could be crowded on weekends. 15 yrs ago they had quite a few 'seasonal sites'.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Glennie Michigan Camping
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS