RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Fell in LOVE at the local RV show...

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Fell in LOVE at the local RV show...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
kab449

PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/18/12 06:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lantley wrote:

kab449 wrote:

Lantley wrote:

That is a different floorplan. I prefer rear lounge floor plans. But I do like the uniqueness of that floor plan. Is there enough natural light in the front living room?

If I want natural light I go outside for a walk with the pups. When I'm in the front living room I usually have the 42 inch LED/LCD cued to watch Football or a good movie with the surround sound cranked up. Classic rock from 5 speakers is cool. Dw usually goes to the bedroom, closes the door and plays words with friends.

Ok I get it. I can relate to the man Cave thing

It's a man cave until my 3 grandchildren go along, then it becomes entertainment central at night. Barney, I Carley, All things Disney get top billing and I get to join DW in the bedroom. That's not a bad thing.

2014 Tiffin Allegro 36LA
2014 Honda CRV Toad

45Ricochet

North Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/18/12 06:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Mad Norsky wrote:

Say folks!

I hope you all realize that one CANNOT get to the bathroom in either the Cedar Creek or the Heartland floor plans without opening the slides.

Yes, I realize it only takes a minute to open the slides. But it may be the longest minute of your life!

LOL If that's true count my DW out. And that's a street side slider to top it off.

06 Ram 3500 CC LB Laramie 4x4 Dually 5.9 Cummins Smarty Jr 48RE Jacobs brake
GVWR 12,200 RAWR 9350
06 Grand Junction 34' High profile 15500 GVWR 3200 pin Mor/ryde 5500 Onan genny Dual A/C Wet bolts
27' Hallett 502, 500HP

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/12 08:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Mad Norsky wrote:

Say folks!

I hope you all realize that one CANNOT get to the bathroom in either the Cedar Creek or the Heartland floor plans without opening the slides.

Yes, I realize it only takes a minute to open the slides. But it may be the longest minute of your life!

Looking at the floor plan given by the OP it looks as though you could get directly to the bathroom using the street side door without opening any slides

07'Duramax dually,12'Open Range 399BHS
Hawkshead TPMS,Hensley BD3,K-Bee exhaust brake
Blue Ox Bedsaver,air bags,Garmin RV760 w/BC20 camera
Arvika bike rack,Bak-Flip G2
5500 Onan LP,Progressive surge,keyless RV Lock
Porta Bote w/8.0 Nissan
Vu Cube,Splendide WD

kakampers

Fulltimer

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/12 08:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lantley wrote:

The Mad Norsky wrote:

Say folks!

Looking at the floor plan given by the OP it looks as though you could get directly to the bathroom using the street side door without opening any slides

Sure can...another reason I like Cedar Creek's FL floorplan....

2013 Heartland Landmark Key Largo with Mor Ryde IS and disc brakes
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW Crew Cab Duramax Diesel

Shepardsonp

Denver

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/12 08:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mwebber78 wrote:

I don't want to get shot, flamed, or banned from here.

All I will say is that Cedar Creek takes great care of it's customers, has great construction techniques, and makes a heck of a rig. In contrast to others, I wouldn't be concerned about the frame on the Cedar Creek.

I had a Lippert frame on my Cardinal. Left home from Denver and had a catastrophic metal failure in Council Bluffs. After a month of finger pointing between Forest River and Lippert, I got them to fix it. Once fixed, it had one last trip - to,the nearest Newmar dealer in Des Moines. Lippert and Forest River ruined a whole summer for me. I have had the Newmar dor 6 years and never had a problem since.

$.02

rmalik1

Pittsburgh,Pa.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/19/12 12:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm a Creeker; an love our rear entertainment unit, but I am not thrilled with CC front living room. Then again I myself would not want a front living room. I don't believe it is suited for FT which we will start in 1 year or so.

The unit that I was impressed with is the Dutchmen Infinity. I've looked at numerous brands and do like the look of the Dutchmen followed by the Alpine FL.

Just my option based on looks, but you can't go wrong with a Cedar Creek!

2012 Cedar Creek 36RE w/ Level Up
B&W Turnover w/ 18k Companion Hitch
08 Ford 350 Lariat DW PSD Crew Cab Long Bed 4:30

The Mad Norsky

Yankton, South Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/12 12:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I didn't even see the door on that side of the CC until you folks mentioned it.

Great! Makes it easier to hop faster when I'm dodging traffic.

sirdrakejr

Las Vegas, Nevada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/19/12 04:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote: "Then again I myself would not want a front living room. I don't believe it is suited for FT which we will start in 1 year or so."

I used to be a full time traveler as a contract worker in the late 80s and the 90s. I had a Kit Elite front living room 5th wheel. As a full timer it was great because it put us up front during the day when everyone was awake and making noise. It had large windows and was well suited to daytime use.

But if I needed/wanted to sleep then or wanted to get away from the noises, retiring to the rear bedroom took me away from the daytime noises. I found the front living room was really well suited to full time living. Think about where you are when you sleep and are not asleep. The front bedroom puts you right up in the "action" no matter what time of day it is.

I loved ours even though it was an early model of 5th that set stage for the coming years.

Frank

2011 Palomino Maverick 1000SLLB on a 2004 Dodge Quadcab CTD Ram3500 SRW long bed equipped with Timbren springs, Stable Load bump stops, Rickson 19.5" wheels/"G" range tires and a Helwig "Big Wig" rear anti sway bar.

mwebber78

New England

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/19/12 07:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Shepardsonp wrote:

mwebber78 wrote:

I don't want to get shot, flamed, or banned from here.

All I will say is that Cedar Creek takes great care of it's customers, has great construction techniques, and makes a heck of a rig. In contrast to others, I wouldn't be concerned about the frame on the Cedar Creek.

I had a Lippert frame on my Cardinal. Left home from Denver and had a catastrophic metal failure in Council Bluffs. After a month of finger pointing between Forest River and Lippert, I got them to fix it. Once fixed, it had one last trip - to,the nearest Newmar dealer in Des Moines. Lippert and Forest River ruined a whole summer for me. I have had the Newmar dor 6 years and never had a problem since.

$.02

Each division has it's own management, warranty reps, factory, etc. So why would your Cardinal (spec'd out by Cardinal engineers to Lippert) have any bearing on a Cedar Creek which is built 20 miles away in it's own plant? That's like saying my Keystone Cougar failed (a THOR product) so I'll never own a Heartland (also a THOR product) when they have no relation except the fact they fall under the same corporate umbrella.

2013 Jayco Eagle 334RBTS
Disclaimer for the daft: Don't confuse my opinion with facts.

Delaine and Lindy

Linden Tn. (The View)

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/12 08:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have looked at several front living areas, and was at the Tampa Rv show and there were several there. Keystone had the front living area several years ago. And Keystone brought it back and yes several other companies now have a front living area. Front living areas want work for us, we had rather have the rear living area. But its a choice. Be Happy...

Lippert bashing will continue because Lippert is the big dog on the Block. We have owned 6 different 5th with Lippert frames never a frame issue.. Most all have been very heavy. We only hear from those who do have issues.. But if you want a choice more than likely it will be on a Lippert frame. Lippert works for our use... But our 5th wheel rides on a 15" frame.. Happy Trails....

2012 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW's LTZ ******Traded******
Trailer Saver Air Ride (SOLD) (Sold)

2010 Mobile Suites 38 RSSB 3, with vanity slide (SOLD)

"Montana" our Sweet Furr Kid
12/21/10 "RIP" miss you!!

We are BLESSED!!!!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Fell in LOVE at the local RV show...
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts