|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Dinghy Towing

Open Roads Forum  >  Dinghy Towing

> Ready Brake Supplemental Braking

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
SarahW422

Houston

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 10:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tropical36 wrote:

Still waiting to hear back from cool tech by email, as calling only produces a recording for messages and advises emailing.

I've been trying to contact CoolTech for about a week. I sent them an email that they never responded to, and of course they don't answer the phone. I'm beginning to wonder whether doing business with them will be a good idea.

MSHappyCampers

Columbus, MS

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/12 12:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've got a question. If you are using an exhaust brake on the MH and the Ready Brake or any other brand that operates by pressure from the toad against the MH, it seems that the toad brakes will be applied when the exhaust brake activates. Any thoughts on this!

Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT

tropical36

Southwest Florida_USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 01:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SarahW422 wrote:

tropical36 wrote:

Still waiting to hear back from cool tech by email, as calling only produces a recording for messages and advises emailing.

I've been trying to contact CoolTech for about a week. I sent them an email that they never responded to, and of course they don't answer the phone. I'm beginning to wonder whether doing business with them will be a good idea.

My thoughts exactly and what's on the recording sounds like a little girl. My emails have went unanswered as well and surely this isn't the manufacturer of this product, so there must be another distributor somewhere.
How about the some of you that are using this product and did you have this problem?

"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Model 6350 on a 1997 Chevy P32
Chassis_7.4 Vortec Engine_4L80E Tranny_slide_tag axle.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

tropical36

Southwest Florida_USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 01:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MSHappyCampers wrote:

I've got a question. If you are using an exhaust brake on the MH and the Ready Brake or any other brand that operates by pressure from the toad against the MH, it seems that the toad brakes will be applied when the exhaust brake activates. Any thoughts on this!

Sounds like a reasonable assumption to me. So what's wrong with that and I'd think that you'd want the toad to slow down along with the coach or am I missing something here? As far as too much or maybe locking up the toad brakes, there is a sensitivity adjustment for this. As I understand it, you deplete the vacuum assist with the engine off by applying the brake a few times and then do your adjustment.

MSHappyCampers

Columbus, MS

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/12 05:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tropical36 wrote:

MSHappyCampers wrote:

Sounds like a reasonable assumption to me. So what's wrong with that and I'd think that you'd want the toad to slow down along with the coach or am I missing something here? As far as too much or maybe locking up the toad brakes, there is a sensitivity adjustment for this. As I understand it, you deplete the vacuum assist with the engine off by applying the brake a few times and then do your adjustment.

My thinking is that I would want to depend on the exhaust brake only when descending a long grade so I don't wear out the brakes on the toad.

Dutch_12078

Great Sacandaga Lake, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/12 06:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MSHappyCampers wrote:

You may get a momentary toad braking action when the jake first kicks in, but unless the grade is steep enough for the toad's weight to overcome the ReadyBrake's preload spring, the brakes will not be continuously applied. Downshifting will have the same effect, with just a momentary activation as the loads stabilize.

Dutch
1995 Coachmen Catalina 322QBXL
F53 chassis, 460 V8, TST TPMS
Quadra Bigfoot EZE Levelers
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

greenskeeper

washington

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 08:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

just had the ready brute installed on a 2008 dodge dakota, have been very happy so far........ cost was $`1300.00 for everything installed and they made the brackets for the tow bar. great job............

MSHappyCampers

Columbus, MS

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/27/12 11:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just talked with a guy at Ready Brake company. He says that the Ready Brake should never activate when using the exhaust brake on the MH. He says that if it does, you have the cable to the toad brake pedal too tight, just loosen it a little. Sounds good to me!

Dog Trainer

Richmond Mi.

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/12 02:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

to get back to the ops question, I towed a 2008 HHR for 35,000 miles. Never had any problem what so ever.

93 Airstream 35' Dp
5.9 230 uprated to 300 HP
Allison MD 3060
Shadow 12 yr old Golden Daktari & Lydia Cavalier King Charles (fur Bearing Children) Duchess my Golden daddys little girl at the Rainbow bridge since 4/12

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Dinghy Towing

> Ready Brake Supplemental Braking
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Dinghy Towing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS