RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Public Lands, Boondocking and Dry Camping: Wickenburg, AZ..boondocking question

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Public Lands, Boondocking and ...

Open Roads Forum  >  Public Lands, Boondocking and Dry Camping

> Wickenburg, AZ..boondocking question

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
The Bayfield Bunch

Bayfield Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/12 02:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have read about Vulture Mine and Peak road.

Does anyone know if you can camp at the Nature Conserv.-Hawwayampa Riv. Preserve? or

Constellation Municicpal Park ?

Thanks,
Kelly

Kelly & Al
2003 Damon Challenger, model 329 Chevy Workhorse 8.1 & Allison transmission. Towing a 2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ Sport.
3 lovable doggy guys. Max, Checkers,& Cora..aka, Buddy Bear, Swamper, & Motormouse.

http://TheBayfieldBunch.com

Tiger4x4RV

San Diego County, California

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/12 02:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hassayampa River Preserve: no camping

"Preserve Regulations
In consideration of our sensitive wildlife habitats and the number of visitors we host, we ask all visitors to observe the following. Smoking is allowed in parking areas ONLY. Pets are not allowed on the preserve. All visitors must remain on established trails. Picnicking is allowed only in the designated picnic area.

No swimming or wading, alcoholic beverages, feeding or disturbing wildlife, motorized vehicles or bicycles. No collecting of any kind. Do not damage or remove any plants, animals, wood, minerals, or artifacts. No camping, hunting or fishing. Nor fires or firearms are permitted. No dogs, horses, or other domestic animals, radios, tape players, and electronic calling devices."

full info about the preserve

Constellation Park & Rodeo Grounds says it has a "self-contained RV camping area across the road." Their web page has a phone number for further info.

2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed

The Bayfield Bunch

Bayfield Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 02/20/12 03:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thanks, will check it out this week probably.

Tiger4x4RV

San Diego County, California

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/12 05:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

vladen wrote:

I went to your clicky and noted that the first pic (4 children) is in violation of the rules, specifically no disturbing the wildlife

The kids are all standing there smiling and "exploring nature." Perhaps educational uses are immune to rules?

The kids do not appear to be camping. :-)

daveshan

Durango Colrado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/19/12 05:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was born and raised in Wickenburg and darn sure don't remember any "lush streamside oasis" in the Hassayampa. The "no fishing from bridge" sign was good for a laugh however as the "river" was dry 95% of the time.

Enjoy the town, it's grown a lot from what I can see on Google Earth, some fun stuff to do there also. I'll be watching the thread as I'll be heading back there eventually.

'99 Alpine 36SDS/8.3 ISC 330 Cummins
Or
'05 Lance 845
'06 Super duty SC/SB 6.0
Upgrades include: StabilLoads, Air Bags & Timbrens,Swaybars

Usually towing an '01 Wrangler, lifted/locked on 35"s or a mildly built '98 Cherokee on 33"s (only one locker)

vladen

Louisiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/19/12 02:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tiger4x4RV wrote:

Hassayampa River Preserve: no camping

"Preserve Regulations
In consideration of our sensitive wildlife habitats and the number of visitors we host, we ask all visitors to observe the following. Smoking is allowed in parking areas ONLY. Pets are not allowed on the preserve. All visitors must remain on established trails. Picnicking is allowed only in the designated picnic area.

No swimming or wading, alcoholic beverages, feeding or disturbing wildlife, motorized vehicles or bicycles. No collecting of any kind. Do not damage or remove any plants, animals, wood, minerals, or artifacts. No camping, hunting or fishing. Nor fires or firearms are permitted. No dogs, horses, or other domestic animals, radios, tape players, and electronic calling devices."

full info about the preserve

Constellation Park & Rodeo Grounds says it has a "self-contained RV camping area across the road." Their web page has a phone number for further info.

I went to your clicky and noted that the first pic (4 children) is in violation of the rules, specifically no disturbing the wildlife

Vlad's busy workings

All hope is gone

Don in Niagara

Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/21/12 08:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We winter in the area but do not boondock. I have seen rigs parked in the desert up Castle Hot Springs Road. It runs north off Rt 74 (Carefree Hwy) about a mile or so east of the junction of route 60 that comes south from Wickenburg.
You could also explore south of Wickenburg on the Vulture Mine Road. Big area of BLM land down that way but don't know if it is open to boondock.
It's a nice scenic area.
Good Luck.
Don

1990 Barth Regency 34'
Spartan/Cummins 8.3

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Public Lands, Boondocking and Dry Camping

> Wickenburg, AZ..boondocking question
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Public Lands, Boondocking and ...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS