|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> TRA/ Sycamore Lodge / Coast to Coast

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
cowboyroy

Suffolk Va

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/12 04:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The DW and I are looking at a transfer lifetime membership to the Sycamore Lodge, that is one of the Travel Resorts of America.
The mebership entites you to a Coast To Coast membership that you can stay at one of the partipateing park for $10 a night.
Can anyone share there experiance with Travel Resorts of America.
Coast to Coast or the Sycamore lodge? Are they a good deal as we are part timeing now but in 7 years we plan to full time.

samsphones

north carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/19/12 09:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Look for a resale, lots on the web.

2006 Chevy 3500 4x4 Duramax/Allison transmission
2011 Open Range Roamer 287RLS
Prodigy Brake Controller
B&W Companion 5th Wheel Hitch

slay

Hackettstown, NJ

View Profile

Posted: 02/20/12 04:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TRA is in the process of revising its membership benefits. Get the full scoop before you jump in. Just so you know, the wife and I are TRA members at Gettysburg Battlefield Resort and are mostly pleased with it and felt it was worth the money.

Steve and Vivian
2013 Winnebago Vista 35F
2008 Toyota Yaris pushing from behind
Coffee is the sustenance of life

cowboyroy

Suffolk Va

View Profile

Posted: 02/20/12 05:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi Slay, DW and I recieved the newest changes document dated jan 2012. we will be going Saturday to sign the tranfer docs at Sycamore. Have you used the coast to coast? what was your experiance with that? We hope to see you in Gettysburg some day!!!

slay

Hackettstown, NJ

View Profile

Posted: 02/20/12 06:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, we have used Coast to Coast and have found it works well. We are booked in April at the Coast to Coast resort in Myrtle Beach. Points were easy to purchase online and reservations are simple to make. I have found some disparity in the quality of the resorts, but overall we have been pleased with the service.

The new TRA program replaces Coast to Coast, though we were told you can maintain membership in both. You just have to pay two annual fees, plus TRA's annual maintenance fee. The new program has more parks you can stay at for free but overall there are fewer parks than in the Coast to Coast system. What we liked is there are more resorts near us in New Jersey, southern New York and eastern Pennsylvania.

We visited Sycamore Lodge last April. We really liked the campground though it is far from any of the population centers and attractions. But the campground is well maintained and has lots of onsite activities.

samsphones

north carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/21/12 05:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I hope the new membership isn't like the new sewer hookups they have been promising for 6 years.

mockybird

Mocksville,NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/21/12 08:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That was a complaint that I had with Sycamore....too few full hookup sites.
Also on the C2C membership question, I have had nothing but good things to report on my uses of their program. I reccommend it to you. Not sure if you need it though with a TRA membership or maybe it's the same.

Gary

anaro

Mebane, NC

View Profile

Posted: 02/21/12 07:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi. We are members at sycamore. We have C2C as well. One thing to be aware of w/ a sycamore transfer membership. It can only be transferred be transferred something like 2 or 3 times. Of those, only one is a sale, another is gifted through family (ie inheritance). Find out these answers ahead of time. Ours is an original membership so we can still transfer if we ever tire of the park. Also be aware everyone seems to buy in at different levels (for different costs) and have different benefits. The park is getting crowded due to a lot of sales so getting the good spaces is getting harder, especially since they started selling the 90 day booking upgrade. We have 60 day booking. We can still get FHU's but not on busy weekends. Some can't even seem to ever book a site of any kind when they try. I have only seen it completely full on holiday weekends. Ok that was the negative. We love Sycamore. We go several times a year (often times once a month) since it is so close to home for us. My DD loves the playgrounds. We like to bike around. Mini golf is a tiny little simple course but entertains our DD. It is beautiful there. Our favorite spots are around the loop. Our least favorite spots are on or back up to peachtree because they are really tight for our 30' TT. They have a great activities crew to keep the kids happy. As for C2C, as far as we know, the TRA membership gets us 3 parks (Sycamore, one in Gettysburg and one in ohio). The gettysburg and ohio parks are not free for us to stay at but $10-15/night. We use the C2C membership to go other places and so far it has been a good membership. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions you don't want to ask on here.

2014 Silverado 3500 Duramax, SRW, Crew Cab, 4WD
2011 Crossroads Zinger ZT26BL
Reese Dual Cam

2 nights camped in 2014!
21 nights camped in 2013!
21 nights camped in 2012!
27 nights camped in 2011!

anaro

Mebane, NC

View Profile

Posted: 02/21/12 07:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mockybird wrote:

That was a complaint that I had with Sycamore....too few full hookup sites.
Also on the C2C membership question, I have had nothing but good things to report on my uses of their program. I reccommend it to you. Not sure if you need it though with a TRA membership or maybe it's the same.

The reservation system is now showing the forest sites as FHU. Don't know what ever happened to the FHU sites that were supposed to happen in the back along the road. They are set up but still can't use the sewer. Don't know why.

mockybird

Mocksville,NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/21/12 07:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I forgot to mention that they(Sycamore) do have many nice activities for all ages during the peak seasons.Very clean park with great bath-houses.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> TRA/ Sycamore Lodge / Coast to Coast
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS