|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> TRA/ Sycamore Lodge / Coast to Coast

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
maskins

Goldston, NC

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/12 09:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are members there also and really like it. We are about 45 minutes away from there and go quite often. I have put a lot of pictures on Campground Gallery.

We bought a membership off of ebay so I am the 2nd owner of my membership. I have the basic level as I don't think I will use the cabins or the Gettysburg resort enough to spend the extra money. It would be to be able to register sooner for the big weekends that fill up .

They will try to sell you an upgrade at which point you are back to 3 transfers.

We also use coast to coast. One trip to Camp Hatteras saves enough for the yearly fee.

2005 Chevy 2500HD
2008 Sunset Trail ST28BH

cowboyroy

Suffolk Va

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/12 03:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mochybird, thanks for all the great information, DW and I will be going down this Saterday to transfer a membership. While we are there plan on looking around the campsite for sites that will acomadate our 35' 5er with full hookups. What area of the cmpgroung or sites would you recomend for us???

anero, great info as we looked into the contract we are haveing transfers and we will be the first transfer from the original owner and it is a 60 reservation contract. we hope to see you and mockybird there some day!!!

mockybird

Mocksville,NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/22/12 04:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I always liked to get a site with a lake view and not too far from a bath house.
But that was when we were in a popup. Now we have the 30 ft TT so we don't need a bath house as much now. Hope to see you one day also.

Gary

anaro

Mebane, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/22/12 04:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Most of the loop sites (L sites) with the exception of 1 or 2 of them (higher numbers) could handle your rig. THey have a lot of long sites. I would stay away from anything on or backing up to peachtree if you are that long.

2014 Silverado 3500 Duramax, SRW, Crew Cab, 4WD
2014 Palomino Sabre 34REQS
2011 Crossroads Zinger ZT26BL - sold after 3 1/2 yrs and 76 nights camped in it!

wbwood

Mooresville/Troutman, NC area

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/12 01:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A coworker is a member of Sycamore and one of the membership clubs. All I can say is that they love the place as that is all I hear them go to except for one place this past year. She did say that there is an issue with the too few FHU's there, but there is a honey wagon that goes around.

Also, not sure if this makes much difference or not, but some of the dealers in teh Charlotte, NC area give people who purchase RV's, 30 nights of camping at Sycamore. There is a catch to it. You have to send in for a voucher and most of the nights have to be week nights or something. It's a ploy from Sycamore to try and get you to buy in. So just be aware, that you might have a lot of "nonmembers" there.

They also have very strict rules. She was telling me about a member being banned for a short period for his attitude or something he did.

Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

schrecker96

NC

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/12 12:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We got the 30 night thing with the purchase of our camper in 2010. Right when the whole world was being laid off and the economy was collapsing. We had to sit for the sales pitch and they were still commanding a LARGE premium on the membership. We politely declined and when asked about the restrictions on the free nights, you can use it any time Nov-March or weekedays only March -Nov...since we are not retired folk, that was a wasted trip. However I did get some follow up calls regarding resales, so I was able to educate myself on the details of the membership and in the event NC fixes 485 in South Charlotte and 74 going out of town at rush hour, we may consider it. Until then, it is a nice place, but not nice enough to command the premium due to our logistical challenges getting there. Plus it is in the middle of NOWHERE!

2010 Jayco Eagle 313RKS

cowboyroy

Suffolk Va

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/12 03:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wbwood, we will look into the full hook ups when we are there Saterday. we will be sure to mind our manors if they are that strick (lol)

schrecker96, that sounds normal for the timeshare visits we made that were a waste of our time.

Thanks for all the great info as we are looking forward to seeing the campground Saterday!!

anaro

Mebane, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/23/12 04:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

we have never had a probelm (but then again, we try to be courteous campers). We have never really seen anyone annoying there. The staff has been really nice every time we are there and that is quite a bit. Our 1st trip of the year will be to there. That will be 3/23-3/25. Anyone else gonna be there that weekend?

schrecker96

NC

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/12 05:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For the right price, it is really a nice place. Enjoy!!!!

Stclairm

Apex, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/24/12 07:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I too am still debating a C2C membership as there are only a few CG's in NC that are in it. I guess one week at Hatteras would justify the membership IF I can actually book there 60 days out during camping season. That's what I'm trying to decide on. I was also told the CG's limit how many C2C members are that at a time.
We too fell for the "30 free nights of camping" at Sycamore Lodge after buying our TT last March. It was a 2 hour "tour" with the sales grind at the end. The other nights were useless for a family, I believe Sunday through Thurs. Nice CG, but yes, it is near nothing. I believe Pinehurst was about 30 minutes away.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> TRA/ Sycamore Lodge / Coast to Coast
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS