|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Hybrid Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Hybrid Travel Trailers

> Hi! I'm new, ordering a Roo 25RS

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
KKapa

South East Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/12 06:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi everyone!

My husband and I are ordering a Roo 25RS. I suppose it's not a "true" hybrid since it has hard slides, but Roo is a hybrid camper brand. If I'm not in the right place, please tell me where to go. Anyway, does anyone have one of these? We fell in love with it at the camper show in Novi, MI 2 weeks ago. We meet with the dealer on Saturday to pick out the interior. I think we are going to go with the cherry cabinets, but haven't decided on which fabrics. Any feedback on the choices offered?

Also, we are looking at purchasing a hitch. We will probably get a new one, but haven't decided what would be best. We have a Ram 1500 with a tow package. I've been looking on craigslist as well, but I'm not sure if used trailer hitches are okay.

Please fell free to give me any feedback or advice. My family is not new to camping, but this is our first trailer we are buying. We previously had a 2006 Quicksilver popup that we pulled with a Wrangler.

2013 Roo 25RS
2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab

bikendan

Napa, Cal.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/19/12 06:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

welcome!
you're correct that the 25RS is not a hybrid but it is an expandable.
it comes off the same assembly line as the Roo hybrids and a lot of the stuff is the same.
the only reason i would maybe suggest you go to the TT forum, is that your trailer is no different than any other regular TT, except that your bed slide is on the rear, instead of the side, like other TTs.

you're sure to find a lot of info here, except about the rear bed slide, since it's hard-sided and not canvas.
and there might not be anyone here with the same model, for specific questions on your trailer.
i believe it's a new floorplan, but i seem to remember that a few years ago, when the first Roo rear bed slides came out, there was a 25RS model for one or two years and then it was dropped.

Dan- Firefighter, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP), 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LS, 2007 Rockwood Roo 23SS w/Equalizer and Prodigy, and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Oasisbob

Portland Oregon 97266

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/12 08:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That is a good looking trailer and we might have one if we could tow that kind of weight. Great cabinet choice. Best of luck. How long from order date to estimated delivery?
HAPPY TRAILS

Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife & 4 Really Fun kids
2008 KIA Sedona 3.8L 24 valve V-6
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS

KKapa

South East Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/12 09:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Oasisbob wrote:

That is a good looking trailer and we might have one if we could tow that kind of weight. Great cabinet choice. Best of luck. How long from order date to estimated delivery?
HAPPY TRAILS

Our dealer told us around 8 weeks at the camper show. I'll find out for sure on Saturday though. They did tell us they like to get their orders in by the end of February because Forest River can get really backed up the closer it gets to spring. We are thinking of maybe taking a trip down to their facility in IL where they make them after we order. It would be really cool to see how it's made.

Chuck_S

Broadview Hts, OH, USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/20/12 04:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

8 weeks is the typical Forest River production time and the dealer is correct that the wait gets longer deeper into the season.

We'll forgive you for not getting a true hybrid. The Roo 25RS is a close cousin and there are plenty of "real" Roos here! The Roo 25RS is a re-introduction having been out of production for a couple of years. Last published weight I see on her is 6482 pounds.

No advice regarding interior fabrics. When we bought our Roo we had the choice of blue or green fabric, wood or white cabinets, and black, white, or stainless appliances. The stainless appliances set the interior off nicely.

As for a "hitch" you will need and want a Weight Distribution Hitch (WDH). The 1000/10,000 pound Equalizer(brand) has worked wonderfully for our Roo 23SS 700+ pound hitch weight. The Equalizer(brand) includes sway control -- which you absolutely need! -- as part of the design. Runs under $500 delivered to your front door from RVWholesalers. You will need to determine what height draw bar you need for your pickup. My Expedition drawbar is 20" off the pavement and the standard drawbar fits perfectly. If your draw bar is a bit higher the ball can be lowered another 1.5" as the photos show. You need this measurement to order the proper drawbar.

-- Chuck

'06 Roo 23SS behind '07 Expedition out of Cleveland
Our Photo pages

stephs2125

Shelby Township, MI

View Profile

Posted: 02/20/12 04:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Welcome Kkapa! I just bought a 233S and am also from SE MI. Picking ours up end of the month. If you don't mind my asking, which dealer did you buy from. We got ours from Vicars.
Our first outing in the new Roo is planned for mothers day weekend. Cannot wait to get back outdoors!
Enjoy!
Steph

2012 Roo 233S, Husky Centerline WDH
'04 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab, 4WD, 5.7L V8 Hemi, 3.92 axle ratio
DH - Steve
DD - Addison (AKA Addytude)
I want to capture the world - one photo at a time!
Nikon D7000
Nights camped in 2012 - TBD

KKapa

South East Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 02/20/12 07:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

stephs2125 wrote:

Welcome Kkapa! I just bought a 233S and am also from SE MI. Picking ours up end of the month. If you don't mind my asking, which dealer did you buy from. We got ours from Vicars.
Our first outing in the new Roo is planned for mothers day weekend. Cannot wait to get back outdoors!
Enjoy!
Steph

We are ordering from the same place. I think there are only 2 dealers in SE Michigan that sell the Roo's. Did you pick yours out at the camper show as well, if not, when did you order? Vicky is our sales rep, did she do yours too? She seemed to know her stuff really well, such a difference from General RV!

Chuck_S

Broadview Hts, OH, USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/20/12 12:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How does their price compare to RVWholesalers (3 hours down the road)?

-- Chuck

KKapa

South East Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 02/20/12 02:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Chuck_S wrote:

How does their price compare to RVWholesalers (3 hours down the road)?

-- Chuck

I honestly don't know. The camper show price was 14,500 for the 25RS before taxes and everything at Vicars. I don't see it listed on rvwholesalers website.

kodiakcanuck

Ottawa, Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/21/12 11:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

KKapa - Great choice of floorplan, I have the exact same floorplan, except it's a Kodiak 240KSSL. We researched many other trailers before we bought this style because of it's open concept, similar to our hybrid we used to own. We almost bought the Jayco with the same floorplan, but we liked the colours in the Kodiak better. Great choice on the cherry cabinets, ours are dark as well.

Great price on yours, we paid much more, but we bought in Canada.

For the hitch, I suggest the Husky Centerline. It is easy to hook up and holds the trailer straight as an arrow for our Ram 1500. We paid around $500 for it in Canada.

Best of luck and enjoy the new trailer!

2011 Kodiak 240KSSL
Husky Center Line WDH
2014 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman 3:92,8-speed,5.7L HEMI
2007 Kodiak 214 HTT (prior)
2010 Dodge RAM 1500 4x4, 3:55, 5.7L (prior)

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Hybrid Travel Trailers

> Hi! I'm new, ordering a Roo 25RS
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Hybrid Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS