|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> As promised! My new 2012 AF1150

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
av8rds

Princeton, MA

View Profile

Posted: 02/21/12 05:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gitpicker2009 wrote:

The dry bath LOOKS better in the brochure, but in reality, the toilet seemed cramped to me and so was the shower.

I sat on the toilet in an 1140 dry bath this weekend at a show and as far as I was concerned it was unusable. And I'm only 5'6" with a 44"(42?) jacket and my shoulders were pinched tight when sitting down. Impossible to do ones business.

I think you chose right with the wet bath.

'08 Lance 992
'06 X-cab Powerstroke Dually 4x4
'75 Ford Bronco Rockcrawler

synergy_58

JBER, Ak (Anchorage)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/21/12 07:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gitpicker2009 wrote:

Hey synergy, I really didn't.
They didn't have one, but I did get to see a 990, and it had the same bathroom which helped a lot.
I was torn between the dry and wet version and was able to see both.
The dry bath LOOKS better in the brochure, but in reality, the toilet seemed cramped to me and so was the shower. I'd never considered a wet bath before, and at first thought the idea was insane, but after comparing the two, literally side by side, and seeing the difference, I went with the wet version.
Other than that, I ordered sight unseen (although I did wear out the website and the brochure for about 6 months first)

Well actually, back in July 2011 I was on a business trip to Spokane, WA (Fairchild AF base) for 2 weeks and drove out to lake Coeur 'd Alene Idaho for the weekend, with DW. On the way back we saw a big open house RV show and stopped to look around. It was there, for the first time, we saw an Arctic Fox TC; We were impressed with the quality. I don't remember what model it was but I thought then that if I ever bought one, AF would be on the list for consideration; Never gave it another thought until reaching Alaska and deciding to get another RV.

Like you, I too was on the internet combing every site containing pictures and prices of AF TC's, researching and day dreaming of owning my own unit; That hasn't stopped!
I truly don't remember the difference between the dry and wet bath's, but DW does. The bath situation is what stuck out in her mind, second to the birth. She's the one that said if we ever bought one, she would fell more comfortable in the wet over the dry, despite having to dry everything down. I'm glad to hear the many votes leaning towards the wet over the dry baths!

[img/Users/Frank/Pictures/iPhoto Library_2/Originals/2014/Apr 2, 2014/2009_1306_Nav_BlueMoon.jpg[img]

Note: Due to invalid formatting, all formatting has been ignored.

kerry4951

East Central Pennsylvania

View Profile

Posted: 02/21/12 07:24am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

av8rds wrote:

gitpicker2009 wrote:

The dry bath LOOKS better in the brochure, but in reality, the toilet seemed cramped to me and so was the shower.

I sat on the toilet in an 1140 dry bath this weekend at a show and as far as I was concerned it was unusable. And I'm only 5'6" with a 44"(42?) jacket and my shoulders were pinched tight when sitting down. Impossible to do ones business.

Im 6'2" and 210 lbs and I have no problems using the toilet. When I take a shower I stand upright and still have atleast 6 inches above my head. They are both snug but certainly usable, as most TC bathrooms are. Certainly more than ample for the 10-15 minutes a day that you spend inside. Having the dry bath also gives us 2 cabinets, a pull out drawer, and the medicine cabinet. Plenty of storage room for all the towels, toiletries, and other bathroom goodies. All our bathroom stuff stays in the bathroom where it belongs.

2009 Silverado 3500 dually D/A, Supersprings, Stable Loads, Bilsteins, Hellwig Sway Bar.
2010 Arctic Fox 1140 DB, 220 watts solar, custom 4 in 1 "U" shaped dinette/couch, baseboard and Cat 3 heat, 2nd dinette TV, cabover headboard storage, 65 TC mods

Powerdude

Missouri

View Profile

Posted: 02/21/12 07:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Love the camper and the slippers !

Enjoy !

gitpicker2009

texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/21/12 08:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I knew I should have skipped the pic with my feet

Hey Kerry, you're right about that. You do get more cabinets etc, but you also give up about a foot of counter space. It's a give and take personal preference thing. As long as you're happy. For me it wasn't the height. They're both the same. It was the arm room while showering, and the leg room while sitting

Roadlover

Petoskey, MI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/21/12 09:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Congradulations! You are going to LOVE your AF1150. We picked ours up last summer and have had a blast with it. Just got back from a 4032 mile trip, from Northern Michigan to the Florida Everglades and Key West. Everything went perfect and both the truck and camper worked flawlessly. And most importantly, my wife loves the camper! It doesn't much better than that!

"The Journey is the Destination"

2004 Chevy Silverado 3500 LT Duramax/Allison DRW 4X4
Banks Powerpack, Sprayed-In Bed Liner,
TorkLift Tiedowns, StableLoads, FastGuns with Locks and RideRite Air Bags

2012 Arctic Fox 1150 with Dry Bath and Fox Landing

av8rds

Princeton, MA

View Profile

Posted: 02/21/12 10:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was only talking about the toilet, the rest is just fine. But I stand by my statement that I consider the toilet unusable. I have the same opinion of the Lance 1181. I wouldnt want to conduct any seated business in the very limited area.

Anyway, I apologize for the thread hijack since its not applicable to this beautiful new camper!

kerry4951 wrote:

av8rds wrote:

gitpicker2009 wrote:

Im 6'2" and 210 lbs and I have no problems using the toilet. When I take a shower I stand upright and still have atleast 6 inches above my head. They are both snug but certainly usable, as most TC bathrooms are. Certainly more than ample for the 10-15 minutes a day that you spend inside. Having the dry bath also gives us 2 cabinets, a pull out drawer, and the medicine cabinet. Plenty of storage room for all the towels, toiletries, and other bathroom goodies. All our bathroom stuff stays in the bathroom where it belongs.

campguy3040

Eastern Iowa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/22/12 07:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As for wet over dry, our 811 had no option. However, even though we would like some storage in the bath, I do like having the storage outside behind the shower enclosuer. We have put bath items in the drawer under the dinette just outside the sliding door. There is only so much space and it boils down to personal preference.

2012 Winnebago Vista, Triple Slide Ford F53.
Blue Ox Tiger Trak track bar, RoadMaster Reflex Steering,&
"Cheep Handling Fix"
Blue Ox Alpha Tow Bar w/Patriot Brake System
Chevy HHR toad.

campguy3040

Eastern Iowa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/22/12 07:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As for wet over dry, our 811 had no option. However, even though we would like some storage in the bath, I do like having the storage outside behind the shower enclosuer. We have put bath items in the drawer under the dinette just outside the sliding door. There is only so much space and it boils down to personal preference.

plbjorn

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/24/12 08:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Congratulations on the new AF. We have the 1150, 2010 and love it. Spent the last 2 days polishing that "baby." In one of the posts someone mentioned installing the glow steps. My question is: has anyone that owns the 1140 or 1150 installed that step? We would like to but given the information from Torklift it doesn't appear we can install it and still use the slide out tray. They said that it takes 2 1/2 inches for mounting the bracket and there's only approx 1 inch between the bottom of the door and the framework for the slide out tray. Mounting it to the bumper won't help with entering the camper because the step from the bumper into the camper is the problem. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

3500 Chev diesel dually
Torklift tiedowns, Fastgun, Rancho 9000XL, Firestone air bags, Torklift extended hitch
36' Holiday Rambler 5th wheel
Vol for the US Army Corps of Eng

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> As promised! My new 2012 AF1150
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: