RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes: On board air compressor?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> On board air compressor?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Vet Man

Ct. & Florida

View Profile

Posted: 02/20/12 08:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JC Witney carries the compressor kits also Hadley air horns. It comes with compressor, tank fittings and hose to reach you tires.

2008 Itasca Sunrise 35A
2008 Honda CRV Toad
2010 ZR1 Colorado Toad
2013 Honda 150 PCX Scooter
2013 Corvette Convertible Grand Sport

"We Traveled To Alot Of Different Places While On Vacation, Until The wife Asked Directions"

Maddawgs

central MA

View Profile

Posted: 02/21/12 05:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The wife got me the Viair 400p-rv kit last year for fathers day. It has everything you will need and fits very nicely into the smaller sized class c storage bays.

http://www.amazon.com/400p-rv-Automatic-Portable-Compressor-Kit/dp/B002NLF658/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1329828578&sr=8-12

Todd, Shirley, and the "Maddawgs" min-pins Precious and Buster Brown
2011 Itasca Cambria 30C
2011 Demco KarKaddy 460SS
TST 507 RV TPMS
"if there is anything left when we are gone, then we miscalculated"

Monaco Montclair

Virginia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/21/12 06:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

we got a tow bar that has a compressor in the system. u can put a 4way plug on the end of the tank, and pump all kinds of stuff up. oh and by the way---happy-camping

Monaco Montclair

Virginia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/21/12 06:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

the on board air was installed by cw. did a good job. a roadmaster tow bar. been working good so far,3years now. --happy-camping

psw757

usa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/21/12 07:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've been carrying a portable air compressor around with me andi find it to be a pain plus you don't have the option of installing a air horn. The e-450 horns really is weak, especially when out running on the highway.

Ideally some sort small tank/compressor combo that can supply horn and have another line running somewhere back to mid coach and have a quick connect plug for a air hose was what I was thinking.

rmmpe

Northeast PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/21/12 08:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I also have what Dittmer has. But, be warned - do not use the cigarette lighter adapter. If it's even slightly loose it will eventually either melt the plug or take out the fuse.
Use the Alligator clips directly to the battery.
Inflating a tire to 80 PSI will take a while but will get the job done.

Bob (Squidly Down Under) & Peg
"In God we trust"
2013 Ford Focus pushing a 2011 Phoenix Cruiser 2552S
Carry on, regardless...............

Grub

Pierre

View Profile

Posted: 02/21/12 08:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

psw757 wrote:

Anyone know of any on board air compressor systems with a small 1-3 gallon tank to be used for rv tires , bikes, balls etc...... And maybe the addition of an air horn?

I've got one that doubles as a jump start 'just in case'. I keep it in the DD during winter.
Portable Air Compressor & Jump Start
It's saved me 2x now. Once when we got a slow leak in the TT and once last winter I left the lights on at the store hah... oops!

Any day enjoying the great outdoors beats any day enjoying your 8x8 office cube!

bmoon1952

Vidor,Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/21/12 11:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought a three gallon pancake air compressor from Harbor Freight. It runs on 120V. It fits in the passenger side compartments on my 2005 Winnie. Watch for a 20-30% off coupon in the Harbor Freight adds. I paid $39.99 for mine.

I will NOT get caught without a compressor from now on. On my last trip, the left rear of my 2005 Malibu toad picked up a nail. The RV park in Montgomery,AL did not have a compressor. Only the kindness of the caretaker bailed me out. Still had to take the tire off of the car and carry to his compressor about a 1/4 mile from the camper. He also plugged it for me.

I intend to get a kit like Ron has shown in his post. The Malibu tire still has a plug in it from the trip.

ron.dittmer

Northern Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 02/21/12 11:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rmmpe wrote:

I also have what Dittmer has. But, be warned - do not use the cigarette lighter adapter. If it's even slightly loose it will eventually either melt the plug or take out the fuse.
Use the Alligator clips directly to the battery.
Inflating a tire to 80 PSI will take a while but will get the job done.
Yep on both accounts. I "aligator clip" directly to the RV or chassis batteries pending where the need is. Between the wire length and hose length, you have good reach.

The case it comes in is very small, easy to store. I throw it in my Corvette trunk center storage compartment when not on RV trips.

I would much rather attempt a tire puncture repair than to wait hours for roadside assistance. Just get off the road to a safe place and give it a try.

2007 Phoenix Cruiser model 2350, with 2006 Jeep Liberty in-tow

ksg5000

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 02/21/12 12:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rmmpe & ron.dittmer --- is your Walmart unit capable of inflating D or E rated tire in a reasonable time frame? Your guesstimate of number of minutes to inflate if tire is say 5 lbs low?

Kevin

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> On board air compressor?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS