|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

> Fate of Shuttered MVP RV Lies with Liquidation Company

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Bakersfield

Bakersfield

View Profile

Posted: 02/20/12 11:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All assets of MVP RV Inc. are in the possession of an asset liquidation company currently fielding multiple “serious” offers for a purchase of the company.

Story link here

In the words of George Santayana, "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it". Based upon published reports, the same people that ran Thor into the ground have repeated history and done it again.

This forum is priceless. On a previous post, several people recommended I stay away from MVP. After visiting their plant, talking to the management and local dealer (all which assured me they are too big to fail, are leading the industry in sales, will soon have the loin share of the market, etc, I am glad I listened and steered cleared of this train wreck.

Y-Guy

Tri-Cities, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/20/12 11:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I swear MVP is like a Zombie, it just won't die. I bet we'll be hearing about it in a year. Just like when ThorCA changed hands and now the real losers are the customers that get taken by lack of warranty (again) that they thought they paid for. Any dealer that sold one of these should be forced to pay up for repairs since they all had to know how unstable MVP has been. The killer line from that article, besides the 37 million in debt, is "Degnan is optimistic that MVP RV will reopen business, but he wouldn’t speculate as to when that may happen."

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited

Y-Guy

Tri-Cities, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/20/12 09:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lighten up guys there is some tongue in cheek in there. I feel for the dealers, but frankly any dealers that sold them sort of deserve to get a raw deal. MVP has been a sore spot for owners here for some time and they keep playing the same games. Dealers know what's going on, I won't be shocked if we don't have a new owner that 'just bought one' appear on the forums upset that his warranty is null and void. Unlike the government motors bail outs MVP is not too big to fail.

CREATO

Beautiful Harvey N.D.

View Profile

Posted: 02/20/12 07:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Y-Guy wrote:

I swear MVP is like a Zombie, it just won't die. I bet we'll be hearing about it in a year. Just like when ThorCA changed hands and now the real losers are the customers that get taken by lack of warranty (again) that they thought they paid for. Any dealer that sold one of these should be forced to pay up for repairs since they all had to know how unstable MVP has been. The killer line from that article, besides the 37 million in debt, is "Degnan is optimistic that MVP RV will reopen business, but he wouldn’t speculate as to when that may happen."

Give me a break the dealers should pay up. Gee I think GMC and Chebby dealers owe the tax payers a pile of money how could they be selling vehicles knowing the company has been in the toilet for many years.

I dont rent out space in my brain

westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 02/20/12 10:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Something everyone should realize is a warranty is only as good as the company that offers it. The dealers have to buy and pay for the rigs on their lots. They are going to sell them with a warranty until such time as that company goes out of business. For them to imply otherwise would actually open them up to legal action. Telling customers not to buy certain manufacturer's vehicles because they have heard rumors that company may be having financial difficulties would be slander. Unfortunately, it is a lose/lose/lose/lose/lose situation. The dealers are going to lose, the customers are going to lose, the investors in the company are going to lose, the suppliers to the manufacturer is going to lose and the employees are going to lose.

JMT2

Anywhere I please :)

View Profile

Posted: 02/20/12 09:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CREATO wrote:

Y-Guy wrote:

Give me a break the dealers should pay up. Gee I think GMC and Chebby dealers owe the tax payers a pile of money how could they be selling vehicles knowing the company has been in the toilet for many years.

Sadly MVP closing theIr doors affects the mom and pop dealers a lot more than the larger ones that can just continue with buisness a usual while dealers that try to take care of their customers are left in the aftermath.

Y-Guy

Tri-Cities, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/23/12 08:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Problem is that some owners got in a tight spot when they needed work done within their first year of ownership and the extended warranties didn't kick in until that 1 year was up. I agree it's another reason though.

Bakersfield

Bakersfield

View Profile

Posted: 02/29/12 04:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The boat is sinking link here

According to published reports, MVP RV’s Chief Operating Officer Pablo Carmona is abandoning ship like the captain of the stricken Italian cruise ship Costa Concordia in the Tiranian Sea.

mrxlh

Bossier City, LA

View Profile

Posted: 02/29/12 06:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey, I am going to celebrate tonight. Couldn't have happened to a better company.

As for the dealers, I agree whole heartedly, when you knowingly sell a crappy product, eventually your going to be left holding the bag.

Ryan

2008 Ford F350 CC LWB Dually
2011 Raptor 4014LEV
2006 H-D FLHX
2010 Honda Rancher 420ES

TxTiger

North Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/12 04:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A good reason to buy extended warranties. Even the manufacturers that are still doing well are "hard nosed" when it comes to repairs after the typical one yr warranty.

Given the econmic situation over the past four yrs, and the price of fuel, I'm surprised more haven't gone out of business. It's really a tough environment right now. Those in control of the company's fate should try and get enough funds set aside in the bankruptcy to take care of those TT's still under warranty.

2000 F250, 7.3 PSD, 6 speed manual, CC, SB
KZ 27TH Toy Hauler, 5,700 lb dry weight/8,000 lb GVW.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

> Fate of Shuttered MVP RV Lies with Liquidation Company
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS