RV.Net Open Roads Forum: RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions: estes park,colorado springs camping?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> estes park,colorado springs camping?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Sponsored By:
wildwood32

east moline,ill

View Profile

Posted: 02/20/12 02:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have narrowed it down to estes park or colorado springs.Need some help filtering out all the wonderful campgrounds in those areas.Have 3 kids,wife and a yellow lab.Need the best view,clean pool,hot tub and that is about it.Not looking for a mobil home parking lot type but want the resort style with kid things.HELP ME please narrow it down.Thanks

If its Friday,see ya on monday.Have camper,will camp.

Bluefreight

east coast

View Profile

Posted: 02/20/12 03:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2 vastly different areas. NPS in Estes Park doesn't have the amenities that you are looking for. I don't know about the private parks in the area. Estes Park has great hiking and nature trails and is very relaxing. Colorado Springs has quite a few private parks, GOOGLE for info. Colorado Springs area has a lot of things to do for entertainment. Flying-W chuckwagon, Colorado Springs Zoo, Air Force Academy, Royal Gouge Railroad, Royal Gouge, Garden of the Gods, Train to the top of Pike,s Peak and much more.
Either place carry water and hydrate often, the elevation is 6000' + and some people from lower levels sometimes have problems adjusting. Don't go to the top of Pike's Peak the first day you arrive, altitude is 10,000' +.
We work camped in the area for 2 summers.
Make sure dog is not left out if you are not around, there are large cats and bears in the Colorado Springs city area.

sirdrakejr

Las Vegas, Nevada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/20/12 03:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Moved from 5th wheels to RV Parks, Nat'l Parks, State CGs and more....
Frank

2011 Palomino Maverick 1000SLLB on a 2004 Dodge Quadcab CTD Ram3500 SRW long bed equipped with Timbren springs, Stable Load bump stops, Rickson 19.5" wheels/"G" range tires and a Helwig "Big Wig" rear anti sway bar.

skipnchar

Topeka or somewhere else

View Profile

Posted: 02/20/12 03:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Probably will need to find an RV park instead of a campground to get all those extras. Most campgrounds in both areas are much more primitive. Lots of nice RV parks though.

2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

Two Hands

California's Central Coast

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/20/12 03:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We enjoyed staying at Spruce Lake RV Park in Estes Park, Colorado. It needed more grass and trees, but it was still very nice. Very close to the entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park which is beautiful. The town of Estes Park is a gorgeous little tourist town with lots of great shops and places to eat. Have a great trip.

2011 Fleetwood Southwind 32VS
2013 Ford Edge
Retired Law Enforcement
U.S. Army 1965-1973/RVN 1968-'69

Busskipper

Arnold,Md

View Profile

Posted: 02/20/12 04:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wildwood32 wrote:

I have narrowed it down to estes park or colorado springs.Need some help filtering out all the wonderful campgrounds in those areas.Have 3 kids,wife and a yellow lab.Need the best view,clean pool,hot tub and that is about it.Not looking for a mobil home parking lot type but want the resort style with kid things.HELP ME please narrow it down.Thanks

Just had this request on an earlier post check it out;

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseac........d/tid/25773044/srt/pa/pging/1/page/1.cfm

BOL,

Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
MDX-FMCA--M&G Brake
States traveled in this Coach

sp8gold

Colorado Springs, CO

View Profile

Posted: 02/20/12 04:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think there are only two choices in Colorado Springs. Garden of the Gods or the KOA. GoG has a little better location and some trees, the KOA has larger sites with better facilities. JMHO

MO_Trout_Bum

Missouri

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/21/12 11:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We also really liked Spruce lake. Very nice staff, clean park, and nice full-time residents as well. Sites are kind of small, like most of the private parks. We also had a few elk visit, and found them napping on the mini golf course.

2004 Silverado 2500HD Ext, Duramax LLY, 4WD, 3.73
2012 Keystone Cougar 327RES

Delaine and Lindy

Linden Tn. (The View)

View Profile

Posted: 02/20/12 05:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I recommend the Cheyenne Mountain State park, just across from Fort Carson and has a great view. Very nice and is very new... There is no pool there. Garden of the Gods is ok, we had a National Suites Owners Rally there but it was very crowded, however when a 117 Mobile Suites roll in, well they were just overwhelmed. I prefer the Cheyenne Mountain State park... Happy Trails....

2012 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW's LTZ ******Traded******
Trailer Saver Air Ride (SOLD) (Sold)

2010 Mobile Suites 38 RSSB 3, with vanity slide (SOLD)

"Montana" our Sweet Furr Kid
12/21/10 "RIP" miss you!!

We are BLESSED!!!!

rgreengas

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 02/20/12 07:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'll add my vote for Spruce Lake in Estes Park. We were there in June and on one day of our visit a group of 4 large bull elk decided to stop by for a visit. After walking around the park they went for a dip in the lake. According to the wonderful folks who work there that is rather normal.

Hope this helps.

Ronn Greengas.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> estes park,colorado springs camping?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS