|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Natchez trace trail

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
racer99

channahon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/20/12 03:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Any one run down the Natchez trail lately-Headed that way next week and wondered what to expect --Any big hills??--Staying at the state parks working our way toward FL-Thanks Rich

* This post was edited 02/23/12 09:05am by racer99 *

rgatijnet1

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/20/12 03:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

racer99 wrote:

Any one run down the Nathez trail lately-Headed that way next week and wondered what to expect --Any big hills??--Staying at the state parks working our way toward FL-Thanks Rich

No hills higher than a usual highway overpass. It is a great drive with lots of deer and turkey to be seen along the way. Stop and check out the Meriweather Lewis gravesite and history exhibit which is along the trail. It is a nice smooth road with lots of places to pull over to enjoy the sights and relax.

captain crunch

Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 02/20/12 04:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lots of rolling hillsides . Speed limit is 50 mph .Its really beautiful in spring and fall.

DUNEBUGGYDOUG

SHELBY FOREST TN.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/20/12 05:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you overnite near Tupelo Miss. check out Trace State Park. about the cleanest you will ever see,maybe 10 miles west of Tupeloon Hwy 278/6

mc.cc

Southeast

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/20/12 07:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fantastic motorhome route. We drove the entire length last year going south to north. The road gets busier when you get near Tupelo and Jackson. The road is a little more worn in these areas as well. Once you get south of Jackson, your drive will be one of the more enjoyable rides in your motorhome. I loved the lower speed limits and made people passed me when I was on it. I like to sightsee while I drive and I was able to do that while on this route. Go to your local library and pick up the "Guide To The Natchez Trace Parkway" by F.Lynn Bachleda a day or two before you go. She gives many great ideas for the trip. We followed her guidance almost exclusively. One of the more enjoyable trips I have ever had. Stay at least one night in one of the trace campgrounds. Will do it again one of these days. Have a great time!

bukib

home

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/20/12 07:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I started riding the ntpkwy 30 years ago on a bicycle. Then I went to a gold wing,a popup and now an airstream moho. This is truly one of the most extraordinary rides in America.If you are coming north on it make sure you stop in Tupelo and eat. Then head north all the way to Franklin tn. where you will cross over on of the most architecturraly significant bridges in the usa. exit there and follow the signs to i 24 and head se to chatanooga and intersect with i75 which will make getting to fl a snap. if you are going to the east coast of florida just drop off on i10 and head for jacksonville. But most of all make every stop you can on the ntz. every sunken trace route, kosciousko, every river junction. It will make for one of the most memorable trips of your life.

racer99

channahon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/20/12 08:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good to hear good things about the Nathez trail-We are staying at the state park the one night near Tupelo MS then the next night in NATHEZ MS then west to Fl--Thanks Rich

mc.cc

Southeast

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/21/12 07:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Make sure to eat dinner at the King's Tavern in Natchez. You will want to walk through the house part of the tavern while you are there and take in the history of the old tavern. Love the old history in Natchez.

chipndip

Madison, AL, USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/21/12 08:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DUNEBUGGYDOUG wrote:

If you overnite near Tupelo Miss. check out Trace State Park. about the cleanest you will ever see,maybe 10 miles west of Tupeloon Hwy 278/6

Second that suggestion. Nice rest area at the Tenn-Tom Waterway.

go-rusty

Wilmington, DE USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/22/12 02:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Drove it from Tupelo to Jackson two weeks ago. An excellent drive. A constant 50 MPH and not a traffic light all the way. A very relaxing drive.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Natchez trace trail
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS