|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Good Bye My Friends

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Sponsored By:
ol' yeller

Redmond, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/21/12 10:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There have been many reasons to end my RVing experience. The final nail was my health. After a major heart attack and the resulting damage, I just can't keep up the truck and trailer anymore. My kids winterized the TT for me so I had all winter to come to this decision.

My wife first suggested RVing about 9 years ago. 2 trailers later and numerous trips, including one cross country, we have many happy memories to treasure. My favorites are watching my wife's face light up as we back into a great spot at the ocean, showing her lightning bugs for the first time, camping with my toddler Granddaughter, and enjoying a libation in our camping chairs on a dune while watching the sun set in the Pacific ocean. The equipment may go but I will hold these memories forever.

I don't post here often as I only comment when I felt I had something worthwhile to contribute but, I have taken a wealth of knowledge from you great folks.

Finally any suggestions on getting rid of my stuff? I'm thinking Craig's List and listing the truck and trailer both separately and together as a package. Any pros or cons on this? Everything as a package would be great for someone starting out. What about timing? Is now a good time or should I wait until Spring? I do take some pleasure in knowing I can help someone else experience the joy we did.

Currently we are RV homeless but looking hard!
Oh yeah, the wife & Beagle come along too!

JJBIRISH

Butler, PA, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/21/12 10:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well sorry it has to end this way…

I guess life’s pleasures takes it toll on us and on its time schedule…

All I can say is good luck, and God Bless you and yours, and my best wishes for you in the next chapter…

Love my mass produced, entry level, built by Lazy American Workers, Hornet

danoren

Where ever I Camp

View Profile

Posted: 02/21/12 10:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reading your post made me sad,I hope you will find other activities to replace Rving .
You can post the rig HERE
All the best.

F-350 ,2006,XLT,SD,LB,EC,6.0LT,Auto,SRW.
5W Cruiser 2006 CF29CK Crossroad
RVing 4-5 months every summer since 2002.
P.A,Good Sam,TomTom GO720
Website

ol' yeller

Redmond, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/21/12 10:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

danoren wrote:

Reading your post made me sad,I hope you will find other activities to replace Rving .
You can post the rig HERE
All the best.

Please don't be sad. I am a very, very, lucky man to still be here. I am still able to enjoy much of life for whatever time I have left. I feel very blessed to be given another chance to hold those I love and laugh and cry with them over whatever life brings. As I told my cardiologist, "if this is as good as it gets, It's still beats the alternative". Yes I had to give up some things that I loved but when one door closes. another opens. I am really looking forward to enjoying every day God gives me and living it the fullest of my abilities.

Dog Trainer

Richmond Mi.

View Profile

Posted: 02/21/12 10:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So glad you had all those good years. As the saying goes to every purpose there is a season. I had a Charter Boat for many years and spent countless hours on the great lakes all of those fond memories remain with me even though I have not been on the water in 3 years now. I know there will be an end to my RV adventures as well and at this point there are so many great memories and experiences, I will always look back in kind. I hope the continuing years treat you well and that you hold on to your great memories. May God bless you in all you do.

93 Airstream 35' Dp
5.9 230 uprated to 300 HP
Allison MD 3060
Shadow 12 yr old Golden Daktari & Lydia Cavalier King Charles (fur Bearing Children) Duchess my Golden daddys little girl at the Rainbow bridge since 4/12

Can-AmDuo

Maryland

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/21/12 11:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's not Goodbye...... It's a curve in the road. The fact that you are not RVing anymore does not mean that you can't contribute a wealth of information. Visit often, impart your knowledge and reap the many rewards of this great site. May your health continue to improve. You and your family are in my prayers.

Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 02/21/12 11:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good luck, I wish you the best.
You don't have to leave RV.NET.
Stick around, maybe your experience will help someone.

scottsnider

Buena Park

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/21/12 11:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry to hear you having to give it up, but keeping your health up is more important and my you be blessed in your life and with your family.

jetboater454

Camping or home

View Profile

Posted: 02/21/12 11:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry you have to give it up.The memories you have will always get you through the tough times.
As for selling it,list it both ways with all three prices-truck,trailer and together.Also check out rvtrader if you don't get any hits on craigslist.
Near me in FL we have a dealer that does the usual consignment on their lot,but they also do FSBO for about $175. One time fee,you keep the trailer at your place,you set price,ect,they just help with the advertising with pics on their site and in their store.They have sold a lot that way.Maybe a dealer in your area has the same.I'd personally never consign a trailer--too much theft and no one knows what happened.

Other half is camping with the angels,Riding alone for now.

2008 3500 Dodge Ram CTD dually 4X4 SOLD
2007 Gulfstream Endura Max 40 SOLD
2001 Polaris Ranger 4X4 SOLD
Harley Dyna Lowrider.

Mod Pics

HHfundays

PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/21/12 11:21am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You have such a positive out look on life! I wish you all the best!!!! As for getting rid of your stuff, how about posting at local campgrounds? Maybe a way to reach someone who is just starting out.

God Bless!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Good Bye My Friends
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS