|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Good Bye My Friends

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 02/21/12 03:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow, your post almost made me cry.

It just reminded me of the day my dad told me he was not going to drive his truck or trailer anymore.

The firefly story reminded me of my daughter seeing them for the very first time. Her eyes were huge when she saw them for the fist time. She thought it was some trick I was pulling on her.

Two more comments:

#1. Gettng old sucks.
#2. Seeing this beautiful county makes for great memories and I need more!

~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

Ron3rd

Upland, CA USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/21/12 03:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry to see you go 'ol friend, and I wish you the best of luck in the future.

2007 Tundra Crew Max
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Timbrens
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Edward 75

Hillsboro Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/21/12 04:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

May your health get better with each pasing day. May you find something to do with your time and may God hold you in his hand and bless you. Gods speed.

boondockdad

Dearborn

View Profile

Posted: 02/21/12 04:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You'll certainly be missed around the campfire. Don't be a stranger here, tho...

Airstream 30' S/O Classic Limited + 8.1L Suburban LT

http://www.boondockdad.com

See you down the road!

C-172-AV8R

Duncan B.C. Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/21/12 04:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The trail is like a maze sometimes you can't get through the way you figure but have to back track and take a new path. You will still arrive in the same place only by a different route.Your family is lucky to have such a positive spirit to go through life with. May whichever path you choose be as rewarding for you as the one you've been on. Stop by and visit us once in a while. The campfire will be lit and the coffee brewing......Mike

Pacific Islanders
Abby's Doghouse... 31'Winnibago Chieftain
Casara pilot
FMCA F371731
"Any Day you wake up is a good one"
Mike/Ulla/Abby

spoon059

Just north of D.C.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/21/12 06:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You have a great outlook on life, so I am sure that you enjoyed your 9 years camping to the fullest! At least you have the luxury of having all those good memories, and the luxury of being able to remember both of them. I hope your health improves and you still have a lot of memories left to make.

Craigslist is a really good place to advertise while it is still free. Things usually go quickly on Craigslist. Another option that was offered and is a great one if you don't need the money... give it to your kid or grandkid so they can experience all the wonderful memories that you have experienced. Make a stipulation be that you be invited out every once in a while.

I was fortunate enough that my wife's uncle bought a new trailer and gave us a pretty good deal on his old one. If it wasn't for that, the wife may have never gotten into it as much as she has. Give the gift along!

2010 Tundra built in the USA by American workers. Consistently the #1 USA made truck since 2007.
1998 Nash 22H travel trailer

BARRY2010

North Ga

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/21/12 08:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Keep the faith my friend !!!!

JJBIRISH

Butler, PA, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/21/12 08:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ol' yeller wrote:

danoren wrote:

Reading your post made me sad,I hope you will find other activities to replace Rving .
You can post the rig HERE
All the best.

Please don't be sad. I am a very, very, lucky man to still be here. I am still able to enjoy much of life for whatever time I have left. I feel very blessed to be given another chance to hold those I love and laugh and cry with them over whatever life brings. As I told my cardiologist, "if this is as good as it gets, It's still beats the alternative". Yes I had to give up some things that I loved but when one door closes. another opens. I am really looking forward to enjoying every day God gives me and living it the fullest of my abilities.

To me that says it all…

You have been blessed my friend, you have learned what is the most important lessons, but so are your loved ones blessed for having the chance to ride with you through this journey we call life…

Love my mass produced, entry level, built by Lazy American Workers, Hornet

ol' yeller

Redmond, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/22/12 09:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You folks are terrific, but I already knew that. I experienced my "unfortunate incident" a little more than a year ago just prior to my 57th birthday. I will miss the experience of meeting great people around the campfire but I still hold out hope that we can either rent an RV or go with the kids if they decide to try RVing at some point. I'd give our stuff to the kids but they just don't have an interest in camping. I am trying to find a way to buy a cabin in Grayland which is our favorite ocean destination.

My new favorite quote is, "The difference between agony and adventure is attitude". I'm sorry that I don't know who to attribute it to. I discovered this after my "unfortunate incident". Prior to this I was not as near a positive person that I have grown to be. The realization of the fragility of life and what is truly important in life sometimes needs a jolt to get get your attention.

I choose to embrace what I can do, not mourn over what I can't. It makes for a much better quality of life. Your comments here have touched my deeply flawed heart in a way that you can't imagine. Thank you one and all.

2008 Winnebago Aspect 26A Class C
Oh yeah, the wife & Beagle come along too!
I am NOT a mechanic although I do play one in my garage!

Jayco254

Eastern Missouri

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/12 09:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Man that makes me think, I'm 64. Well good luck with your health and you don't have to totally leave, check in once in a while and let us know how you're doing. After nine years I'm sure that you have some good advice to help the rest of us on occasion.

Tom, Kathy, Nikki, & Kelly
Pets: Lady - Texas Heeler, Dinger - Rhodesian Riidgeback Mix
2008 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4x4 5.4 ci 3.73 gears
2008 Dodge Ram SLT Big Horn 4x4 5.7L Hemi 3.92 gears
2007 Jayco Jayfeather EXP 254
Husky W/D, P-3

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Good Bye My Friends
Search:   Advanced Search