|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> Ocean Lakes Family Campground

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Wills250psd

walnutcove NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/05/12 04:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We will be there the 5th-8th

spadoctor

Clinton Corners, NY

View Profile

Posted: 03/05/12 05:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We won't go back. Golf carts are out of control. I was hit by an unlicensed driver (9 years old) and the security would not do a damn thing license required in SC to drive a GC)...all they care about is money. Lakewood is a much better run place.

NCRugRat

High Point

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/06/12 08:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have been going to OLs now for several years. We will be there in April, June, August and probably again in November. Just bought a golf cart this year so will no longer be renting theirs. I agree that sometimes the kids on carts can be a little crazy, but their living and enjoying life. I could think of a lot of other things that could be worse.

2014 Forest River XLR 415AMP
2011 Ford F-350 Dually (on my wish list - no truck yet)
2006 Club Car Precedent

twinsmom&dad

Lehigh Valley, Pa

View Profile

Posted: 03/05/12 09:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

we stayed at ol a few years ago. yes there are alot of golf carts but the place is huge and that is to be expected. just be careful and look out for them. we had a blast lots to do. we stayed back off the ocean front and had shade.nice store, if iremember wifi only at certain area,that was a bummer.our twins did the morning activities they have and they had a good time.

wbwood

Lake Norman, NC area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/05/12 10:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FunnyCamper wrote:

wbwood wrote:

Wills250psd wrote:

wbwood wrote:

Less than 5 weeks and counting...woohoo!
what dates are you going?

April 6-14...

Is that spring break time for the school kids?
I am going to Skidaway Island State Park over spring break!
Almost same dates

Not necessarily...it is for our school district, but others vary. I know back home in Augusta, Georgia that it coincides with the Masters. The Masters is the week before our spring break.

Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L
ACME Tow Dolly
2007 Toyota Yaris (Toad)

wbwood

Lake Norman, NC area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/05/12 10:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wills250psd wrote:

We will be in site 2025.

FunnyCamper

Southeastern

View Profile

Posted: 03/11/12 05:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wbwood wrote:

FunnyCamper wrote:

wbwood wrote:

Wills250psd wrote:

wbwood wrote:

Less than 5 weeks and counting...woohoo!
what dates are you going?

April 6-14...

Is that spring break time for the school kids?
I am going to Skidaway Island State Park over spring break!
Almost same dates

Not necessarily...it is for our school district, but others vary. I know back home in Augusta, Georgia that it coincides with the Masters. The Masters is the week before our spring break.

oh I see.
I also heard that Pennsylvania closes school for hunting week. not sure if that is true but if I lived there and it was, I would go off camping

Wills250psd

walnutcove NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/11/12 05:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wbwood wrote:

Wills250psd wrote:

We will be in site 2025.
we will be on 2118

Godsey97

Dayton,Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/12 10:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WE spent 8 days there this past summer. Everyone had a blast. We were 5 spots back from the "main drag" along the ocean. The golf carts would come out the closer you got to dusk and then the parade would start. We rented a golf cart for the week and got in the parade for a few laps every night. One of the highlights of the day for the kids. Take a bath and get their pajamas on and go ride the cart for a few minutes before bed. The carts are plentiful, but they do make them shut down at 10:00 p.m. The kids also set fireworks off on the beach, but it was nothing that was a big deal noise wise. If you are cantankerous and a prude, you won't be happy there, if you are there to have fun, and see others have a great time, it is the best. We are going to Disney this year, but I suspect 2 weeks in O.L. are on our very near future. We would get up in the morning, walk/run the perimeter roads (3 miles/lap if anyone is wondering how big the place is). Once back at the MH, we would take our stuff to the beach at about the same time the lifeguards were setting up. Get our E-Z-Up canopy out with our chairs, go back to the MH to take a quick shower, have breakfast and spend the day at the beach. Best vacation we had in years. Several things we learned, E-Z-Up canopy is a must to get out of the sun for a little bit every so often and get it set up as soon as the Lifeguards set up. That way you do not encroach on thier set up and have a space for yourself. If you wait until 9:30 or so, you are out of luck. The DW would run the beach and took side runs through the other CG's (Lakewood and PirateLand) and when she got back she said OL was better for US. US being the keyword, everyone has things that are higher or lower on their priority list.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> Ocean Lakes Family Campground
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS