|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Hybrid Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Hybrid Travel Trailers

> Help us choose a HTT. Keystone vs KZ

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Locky

West Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/22/12 06:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Glad to see another Silver Lake camper here. We keep our camper at Jellystone most of the summer.

Plantazztic

Grand Rapids, MI

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/12 04:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks again for the replies. We are now starting to research some of the larger hybrids. I would prefer to pull a double axle. So many choices, luckily warm weather is a long ways off. We are supposed to get 6 inches of snow here tonight.

Locky, we love Silver Lake. Do you ever make it there for apple fest in September? It's a beautiful time of the year up there. Everyone we camp with has campers except us, we provide the Jeeps and boat. Two weeks during the summer in a tent is a guarantee for a couple of days of crappy weather and storms, and in a tent it's not fun. We are hoping to have something figured out by spring break.

Tim

sdsdsd

Malvern,Pa

View Profile

Posted: 03/12/12 07:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All I can say about my KZ 2004 Coyotte 20C is Leak leak leak! Biggest piece of******made!

steve

Md_06Unltd

Barnesville, Md

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/28/12 07:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

KZ Coyote owner here. I have a 2010 16C. It has the two tent beds like the 18RBT you were interested in.

As far at the trailer itself, I love it and couldn't be happier. I have had only one problem, which is the table legs were a little flimsy and I bent them one night while trying to fold the table up in a rain storm (the table was outside, obviously). KZ replaced them pronto, and without question!

As for the model itself, I like the pop out tent beds, and have weathered numerous rain storms without a drip. They really open the camper up and you'll be surprised at just how big your little box becomes. But, remember, you are sleeping outside just like you would be in a tent, so you are open to any noise. In the middle of no-where this is not an issue. Crowded campground, issue.

And thank you for the links to the models, I hadn't taken the time to see what was new for this year. If I could do it all over again, I would probably go for the E19SB or the E200. That would reduce my setup time from 10 minutes to 2 minutes

After being at some noisy campgrounds, I think I would like the privacy the enclosed units provide, and it is lots of room for two people. Also, I noticed not one of the hybrids showed an oven. I had KZ ship one to my dealer, and had the dealer install it...now, when I want choc chip cookies, or biscuits for breakfast its no sweat.

I researched long and hard before I made my decision. I narrowed it down to KZ and Jayco. KZ won out because of the bigger tires. I'm a Jeep guy and some of the places I camp at require all the ground clearance I can get.

Good luck with your choice....happy camping!

2010 K-Z 16C Hybrid
2007 Four Winds Majestic 23A
2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport
2006 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon
2008 Jeep Commander
1966 M416

Locky

West Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/23/12 07:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi Tim, we love Apple Fest. We only live 18 miles south of Silver Lake. We keep the trailer at Jellystone from middle of May through 4th of July and then from Labor Day to 1st weekend of October. Good Times!!

Dave

Plantazztic

Grand Rapids, MI

View Profile

Posted: 02/29/12 06:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We made our decision. After visiting a couple more dealers and re-visiting some of the same ones we finally chose one. I want to thank you all for input. We purchased the Jayco x23f. My wife really liked the extra space and the options of having 3 beds. It's a little bigger than we originally were looking at but we took your advice and bought our "second trailer" first. The new boat I wanted will have to wait....oh well....have to keep her(wife) happy. We finish up the paperwork on Monday and can pick it up in a couple of weeks. I'll snap some photos when we get her home in a couple of weeks.

Happy camping,

Tim

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Hybrid Travel Trailers

> Help us choose a HTT. Keystone vs KZ
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Hybrid Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: