RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: MBI (Mechanical Breakdown Insurance)?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> MBI (Mechanical Breakdown Insurance)?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Turbo Diesel Dude

Ocala,Fl

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/22/12 07:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This may be opening a can of worms, but apparently I've managed (once again) to miss out on the Ford 6.7 problems. Just what they might be? I don't have a Ford, but did have to have the shifter cables replaced on my 2011 2500HD Dura-Max recently.

charles weidman

milsuperdoc

barn

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/12 06:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Huntindog wrote:

milsuperdoc wrote:

Huntindog wrote:

I have Geico. MBI costs me 16.96 for 6 months. Deductible is 250.00.
Of course I shouldn't need it, but at that cost..Why not.
Huntingdog, that was exactly my thoughts...hence my posted question to all. I wonder if anyone has actually used it to cover their claims/damages NOT covered by manufacture's warranty, such as Ricatic's HPFP fiasco. I want double coverage (Manufacture warranty AND secondary party "warranty" by insurance company) if the price is reasonable. Thanks, guys!

P.S. Huntingdog, what exactly do you hunt anyway? Sorry for my off the topic question...

I believe that the reasonable cost is because the manufacturers warranty SHOULD cover most all repairs. But if for SOME reason a repair is needed that the warranty is DENIED and the repair doesn't fall into the comprehensive catagory,,,,then the MBI takes care of it.
So the likelyhood of needing it is small, but with the extremely high costs of repairs on newer vehicles, I feel it is a worthwhile exspense.

My huntindog handle..My wife and I hunt Elk, Deer, Antelope, and Quail in AZ. But the handle mainly came about from our dogs. We hunt and compete in AKC Field Trials with our Brittanys.
You can check out the dogs here: www.bluecollarbrittanys.com

Well, I checked out Geico website today to check on MDI coverage. It sounds like it's a very good program...the terms sound real good. I do not doubt that the MDI may give me a sense of additional security, but I wanted to really know if anyone actually used it in real life. I just might sign up for the MDI, but to what effect? Anyone used MDI in real life???

Huntingdog, you got some really good looking Canines there! If I wanted to get a real nice Brittany, who do you recommend that I contact in Virginia area? Sorry...off the topic again...

Huntindog

phoenix arizona USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/12 07:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

milsuperdoc wrote:

Huntindog wrote:

milsuperdoc wrote:

Huntindog wrote:

I have Geico. MBI costs me 16.96 for 6 months. Deductible is 250.00.
Of course I shouldn't need it, but at that cost..Why not.
Huntingdog, that was exactly my thoughts...hence my posted question to all. I wonder if anyone has actually used it to cover their claims/damages NOT covered by manufacture's warranty, such as Ricatic's HPFP fiasco. I want double coverage (Manufacture warranty AND secondary party "warranty" by insurance company) if the price is reasonable. Thanks, guys!

P.S. Huntingdog, what exactly do you hunt anyway? Sorry for my off the topic question...

I believe that the reasonable cost is because the manufacturers warranty SHOULD cover most all repairs. But if for SOME reason a repair is needed that the warranty is DENIED and the repair doesn't fall into the comprehensive catagory,,,,then the MBI takes care of it.
So the likelyhood of needing it is small, but with the extremely high costs of repairs on newer vehicles, I feel it is a worthwhile exspense.

My huntindog handle..My wife and I hunt Elk, Deer, Antelope, and Quail in AZ. But the handle mainly came about from our dogs. We hunt and compete in AKC Field Trials with our Brittanys.
You can check out the dogs here: www.bluecollarbrittanys.com

Well, I checked out Geico website today to check on MDI coverage. It sounds like it's a very good program...the terms sound real good. I do not doubt that the MDI may give me a sense of additional security, but I wanted to really know if anyone actually used it in real life. I just might sign up for the MDI, but to what effect? Anyone used MDI in real life???

Huntingdog, you got some really good looking Canines there! If I wanted to get a real nice Brittany, who do you recommend that I contact in Virginia area? Sorry...off the topic again...

I am starting to realize that this must be a newer program that may be
a Geico exclusive at this time. If that is so, it may be hard to find someone that has actually used it.
At any rate, it is offered by a major auto insurance company, so I am comfortable with it.

I mean 17.00 every 6 months won't make any difference in my life...
A 10-12 thousand dollar bill....Would be a game changer for sure.

As far as Brittanys in your area. I would contact the Riggles of Wild Mountain Brittanys in Pennsylvania:http://www.wildmtnbrittanys.com/
They are transplants from my side of the country, so I am familier with them. Brian and Helen are good people with good dogs and a good program.

Huntindog
2010 Palomino Sabre 30BHDS
TWO bathrooms...No waiting!
MICHELIN XPS RIBS LRE
2011 Silverado Big Dually 3500 4x4 CC D/A
EQUALIZER Hitch
100% BOONDOCKING
Check out Rusty and her pups at www.bluecollarbrittanys.com

milsuperdoc

barn

View Profile

Posted: 03/02/12 08:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Huntingdog, I was checking out the Geico MDI policy today, and it had some exclusion criteria listed (also seen at their website). It is not clear to me if any HPFP failure will definitely be covered. Have you talk to any specific person at Geico to verify that catastrophic HPFP failure will indeed be covered under MDI? Thanks.

The Mad Norsky

Yankton, South Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 05:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just for info, I asked my State Farm agent about this insurance, based on my reading this thread.

She said they did not have it, not available.

The Mad Norsky, Doll, Logan, Korey & Rocky
2011 Ford F350 Power Stroke dually
2008 SnowRiver 10-8 D/S Torklift, FastGuns, StableLoads
RV'ing since 1991

I took the road less traveled .....Now I'm Lost!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> MBI (Mechanical Breakdown Insurance)?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS