|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Warning signal question

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Irover

Where ever the Good Lord Wills

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/22/12 08:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey; Anything is possible with some of the strange places they put things in Campers; autos, trucks, homes, etc.

BFL13

Victoria, BC

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/12 08:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sometines when the batteries have been disconnected and reconnected there is a squeal from the ceiling stereo speakers by the A/C grill that sounds like the fire alarm but isn't. The fix is to pull the fuse for the stereo/LP alarm and put it back in.

No idea what causes that exactly, doesn't always happen. One of those mystery gremlins.

2003 Chev 2500HD Gas, 2003 Komfort 26FS 5er
See Profile for Equipment List

JMH1010

Central Mississippi

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/12 08:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BFL13 wrote:

Sometines when the batteries have been disconnected and reconnected there is a squeal from the ceiling stereo speakers by the A/C grill that sounds like the fire alarm but isn't. The fix is to pull the fuse for the stereo/LP alarm and put it back in.

No idea what causes that exactly, doesn't always happen. One of those mystery gremlins.

Will the speakers squeal without them being hooked to a stereo?

Vulcaneer

Central New Hampshire, Naples, FL

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/12 09:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kirk wrote:

Tell us what fifth wheel that is as I would like to see that? I've been in a lot of RVs and have yet to see that!

Probably another reason they put a A/C grill over it is so you WON'T see it. And maybe why you are yet to see it, if you've been in mine?

But if you smoke up some bacon on the stove or burn some toast, you'll find it then. Like I did.

You know? I have been in a lot of trailers too. But rarely pay attention to where all their smoke detectors are located. Nor do I care.

'12 F350 SB, CC, SRW, 6.7 PSD, 3.55 RAR, 6 spd auto
2011 Open Range 393RLS 14,250 GVWR
Pullrite Super Glide 18K

Confusion is a prerequisite to enlightenment.
Enlightenment is a prerequisite to revelation.
Revelation without action makes no difference.

BFL13

Victoria, BC

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/12 09:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When the speakers do that, for whatever reason they do it sometimes, the power button on the stereo is set to "off" but the speaker wires are still connected to the back of the wall mounted set that came with the trailer.

Turning the stereo on and off doesn't stop it. Only pulling the fuse or disconnecting the batteries again and reconnecting will.

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/12 09:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Vulcaneer wrote:

OK...I'll accept the criticism. So let me explain why I would pull your leg.

It's because on my 2011 5th wheel, the smoke detector is behind the interior screen/grill for the rear air conditioner. I thought it was a little weird too. But when I thought about it, I thought maybe they put it there because the first place the smoke would go would be through the vent outlet in the air conditioner. Which I believe is always open. So if the smoke detector is there, maybe it would detect smoke in that location first.

But I could be wrong. But at least I offered the OP a possible solution. That would seem to be somewhat better than from other responders that seem more interested in proving me wrong. A possible solution like Ole Biscuit did. Or are you afraid to take a guess?

So, since you are all so smart, why don't you all come up with a solution for the OP?

2006 F350 V10 4X4 SC SB SRW 4.30 22,500 GCWR
2011 Open Range 393RLS 14,250 GVWR
Pullrite Super Glide 18K
Super Duty, Super Cab, SuperGlide

I would contac your manufacturer and ask why they installed it there, IF THEY did. I suspect another person (selling dealer) installed it there. WHY? Have no clue, but I have worked on THOUSANDS of RV's in 33 years and have NEVER seen that. Besides, that RESTRICTS the return air and I would not want it there AND the Humidity/Moisture in that area would probably cause a failure of the electronics in the detector. Doug

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/12 06:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Chris Bryant wrote:

The Carrier ducted remote ceiling assembly has a beeper, and if there is no battery in the rig (or if it is low), it will beep when powered up.

Jayco's use RVP and Dometic exclusively. Doug

Chris Bryant

DeLand, Florida, USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/12 06:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Carrier ducted remote ceiling assembly has a beeper, and if there is no battery in the rig (or if it is low), it will beep when powered up.

-- Chris Bryant
My RV Service Blog
The RV.net Blog

Our Place

Southwest Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/12 02:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BFL13 wrote:

When the speakers do that, for whatever reason they do it sometimes, the power button on the stereo is set to "off" but the speaker wires are still connected to the back of the wall mounted set that came with the trailer.

Turning the stereo on and off doesn't stop it. Only pulling the fuse or disconnecting the batteries again and reconnecting will.

Hey I seen one mounted behind the AC cover once, the owner installed it there so the 3 minuet blinking light wouldnt keep him awake. He said it had to be mounted on the ceiling so he hid it. This was in a cabin cruiser boat though. Never seen it in a RV but people do crazy things??

2001 GMC 2500HD 4x4 with 8.1 gas Allison trans
2011 Coachman Chaparral 268RLE "Campy"

ol Bombero-JC

USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/12 07:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"JMH1010":
I have a 2006 Jayco with 2 A/Cs - never had that problem - but
haven't looked for an alarm inside the duct work either, LOL!
(no reason to do so)

However - my Jayco did come with both a smoke detector & a CO detector.
The first time I had a low batt alarm - thought I found the culprit -
but it just kept on beeping until I checked the "other one".

BTW - they weren't "hidden" anywhere.

As others have suggested - call Jayco Tech line. Nice people, should have some ideas for you.

And/or - try the Jayco Owners forum
-or-
ask on the VERY long Jayco thread on the Fith Wheel forum (here).

Come back and tell us if you figure out what it was - inquiring minds want to know!.

~

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Warning signal question
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS