|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Bucket Lists

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Sponsored By:
ddferreira

Ma

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/12 05:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As long as the DW sits in the copiplots seat, whereever the roads leads us. Several national parks in the west come to mind. I camped in California when I was a teenager but the DW hasn't. When we retire that will be number one on our list. A cross country trip lasting serveral months. Since we are both techers we make good use of the summer months. Last summer we took a 7 week trip and camped in 7 states. It was a blast!

Dan

Dan 2008 Allegro 32 BA FRED towing 2010 Honda Fit with a Ready Brake tow bar/braking system. There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't!

Dog Trainer

Richmond Mi.

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 07:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our list has shortened over the last few years. We have traveled a great deal and pushed forward with the idea that price increases could limit our ability.I am glad we have done this. On our list is AK and the canadian Rockies. Like many have stated our bucket list is a target rather than a pre-planned destination so when we get close we decide, It is much easier that way. The most I ever pre arranged was 5 days in a Yellowstone campsite. Maybe a trip around the ontario side of Lk. Huron and up towards Thunder Bay.Not all that far for us but have never done that.My business and stick and brick are for sale so maybe soon we can mosy around some more.

93 Airstream 35' Dp
5.9 230 uprated to 300 HP
Allison MD 3060
Shadow 12 yr old Golden Daktari & Lydia Cavalier King Charles (fur Bearing Children) Duchess my Golden daddys little girl at the Rainbow bridge since 4/12

driveby

Vancouver BC Canada

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 04:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A big one for me is all 7 continents. I have 5 out of 7 now

South America and Antartica are the last 2. And probably will be the same trip as last I checked there aren't any direct flights Vancouver -> Antartica

I love travelling in our MH but I also love going somewhere really far away by plane and visiting new cultures. As beautiful as our part is, there's plenty to see outside it too.

2008 Itasca Sunova 35J Class A
1997 TJ Sahara, hard and soft tops and AC
Held together via Roadmaster Falcon 2 tow bar and stopped by US Gear Unified Brake system.

cdl2

ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/12 09:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dog Trainer, great looking coach!!!

I wanna feel white sand on my feet, under a palm tree.
Check out Eastern Texas too
Working on Yellowstone & Moab this year

John&Joey

Some Location

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/12 07:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bertnspike. wrote:

..This one was on my DH's list. Mine too. I hope wherever he is he's doing it... we loved seeing Europe together...

You moistened my eyes some this morning. A few years ago I heard the ā€œCā€ word (so far so good. ) Maybe I should look at our budget again and see what we can swing.

All the best to you.

roam1

Gulf Breeze FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/12 09:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

johnnyringo wrote:

We sold our sailboat last summer. We had sailed the Atlantic from Maine to the far southern Bahamas while living aboard for almost 8 years. It was a big item on our bucket list and we loved it!

The next item on our list to tour the US National Parks, so we bought a 2004 Tiffin Phaeton. We plan to head out in the spring and begin our next great adventure.

Trip planning is giving us a bit of trouble! Not quite sure how to organize it.

Preparing and provisioning an RV is much different than a sailboat.
There is a grocery store every 30 minutes, a CW every couple of hours, and a harbor (Campground) every 30 minutes, a mechanic always nearby, roadside assistance always nearby............winging it is very easy! no anchor watch...........my wheels have never pulled in a storm.........

visitor center at most state lines......we pull in, load up with info, spend the next few days deciding where to go.....

polly sue

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 08:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

driveby wrote:

A big one for me is all 7 continents. I have 5 out of 7 now

South America and Antartica are the last 2. And probably will be the same trip as last I checked there aren't any direct flights Vancouver -> Antartica

I love travelling in our MH but I also love going somewhere really far away by plane and visiting new cultures. As beautiful as our part is, there's plenty to see outside it too.

There are some wonderful expedition travel companies that have small ice-hardened ships going to Antarctica. We went in 1990 and it was the trip of a lifetime. Spent time in Chile on the way and then afterward had several days in Rio de Janeiro. (That was a major culture shock juxtaposition...) We were in the Antarctic Peninsula for ten days, seeing amazing wildlife and some people we later met in Maine who had sailed there!!

zmotorsports

Utah

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 08:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My wife and I are still very much a part of the working class at this time but we have been very fortunate and have been able to see most of the western United States and part of British Columbia and Alberta in our 16 years of RVing. We have been able to off-road in some of the most beautiful places in the country in our Jeeps and enjoy our sandrail and quads in many of the western sand dunes. We have been able to do this all the while enjoying our various RVs and have been able to expose our son to things that most people with never see.

Although there are many things I would still like to be able to do and see there are a couple at the top of my list but they will have to wait about another 15 years until the wife and I are retired.

I would like to be able to take three or four months (maybe more) and go to Alaska with the coach and another trip to the eastern part of the country and do a Civil War roadtrip.

Until then we are going to enjoy as much as we can with short trips and look forward to our retirement for the longer ones.

Mike.

2003 Monaco Dynasty/ 26' Haulmark Edge trailer
2011 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon

spacedoutbob

SF Bay Area

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 09:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My bucket list is to visit places I haven't been to yet. So, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Greenfield Village, Saskatchtewan, Manitoba, Nova Scotia are the places I happen to want to go to next.

Bob in Calif.

Good Sam Club Life Member

polar76

Oklahoma

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/12 04:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have been to 5 of the 7 continents also, But I am missing Australia to go along with Antartica .

Would like to make all of them some day, but may not get to Antartica....

1997 32' Country Coach Allure
2011 Avalanche Z71

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Bucket Lists
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: